Trimming

Boojum

@HazyDaze she's a leafy girl I honestly think I would have lost my scissors or my shit trimming it up.

Much prefer a sat dom hybrid or sat with just a few fans to remove and a stick of bud to dry.

Only takes 8 weeks to flower so if I'm done with the UGORG#1's in time I might do a colder room temp run and get the grape terps out in it hopefully still have some cold weather to do some sifting should make some really nice tasty dry sift.

• Like 5

I've always wet trimmed, but on my last grow I hung the branches untrimmed then just pulled the leaves off when dry, resulting in some of my worst looking  bud I've ever produced :wassnnme:but so much less work and as it's only for me, I don't care about bag appeal, I won't be wet trimming again.:yep: also seemed to produce more bubble :yes:

Edited by bill cooper
  • Like 3

Still polishing off the bubble, so I've not had a chance to sample the buds yet. I've still got one plant left that's getting chopped tonight and with no trimming it will be 10 minutes work before I am back on the couch :yep: used to be there forever trimming with my back aching, never again.

• Like 4

I set aside a good amount of weed for cooking nowadays, no trimming that I can tell ya! 

Keeping scissors clean with iso helps wonders too, it's amazing how fast the resin builds up. 

• Like 3

Just now, KC said:

Keeping scissors clean with iso helps wonders too, it's amazing how fast the resin builds up. 

No way, let it build up then pick it off, scissor hash should not be wasted! :D 

• Like 12

Guest Donnyronny

Same here

cut the plant down and hang it to dry

then into storage containers, sometimes for months with fan leaves still attached, 

I then trim it when I need it.  

it’s miles tastier than wet trimming in my experience. 

Whole plant hang is the only way.  

Gives little more temp humi protection. Takes bit longer mind. But we all know the ladies like it long and slow. 

• Like 4

On 06/09/2021 at 2:34 PM, bill cooper said:

I've always wet trimmed, but on my last grow I hung the branches untrimmed then just pulled the leaves off when dry, resulting in some of my worst looking  bud I've ever produced :wassnnme:but so much less work and as it's only for me, I don't care about bag appeal, I won't be wet trimming again.:yep: also seemed to produce more bubble :yes:

I recall Kyle Kushman saying that dry trim is best for buds due to the slower dry. But that the bubble from a wet trim was superior.

Very interested to hear that you got more bubble from a dry trim. Was the quality any different to the wet trim bubble?

I definitely agree that it helps to get a good dry/cure if you hang the plants with all the leaves on, but personally I find dry trimming an absolute ball ache. Its so much harder to get between the chunks to get all the crows feet out, always seems to take a lifetime in comparison to wet trimming and I always end up picking a few sugar leaves off when I skin up. Maybe its just the fact I've wet trim for so long I've got better technique that way, still I persevere with the dry trim as it definitely has its benefits when it comes to the end product. 

E2A @NezA the baking brush idea is inspired, definitely gunna give that a go. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

Just now, MindSoup said:

the baking brush idea is inspired, definitely gunna give that a go. 

It's actually a commercial product now, you can spend £2.50 on a cooking brush or £25 for an apparently identical 'cannabrush' from a hydro shop if you prefer...

• Like 3