Smoke bomb

Herbal Kint

Anyone used smoke bombs for spidermites?

Do they do the job?  Found some by Inescto

Dont have any plants atm but had mites and want to clean it up but am lazy to bleach it all.

Edited by Herbal Kint
  • Like 1

I'd have thought a can of raid would do the trick, only hesitation is the possibility of the nasty stuff hanging around and getting on your plants. What about Ozone? Pretty sure that can kill small insects, just plug in the generator and run the fans. But be careful because enough of it it will kill you as well. 

E2A predator mites are also great. Amblyseius californicus slow release packs as prevention or Phytoseiulus persimilis to wipe out an infestation. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

I was on about smoke as id imagine it will reach all surfaces in room but might use some of above if i dont get positive reply about smoke bomb

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Herbal Kint said:

I was on about smoke as id imagine it will reach all surfaces in room but might use some of above if i dont get positive reply about smoke bomb

I'm sure it would work it's just a matter of all the left over poison that could contaminate your next crop, personally I'd want to wash the whole tent after releasing stuff like that into it, but that would defeat the purpose for you as then you might as well just bleach it. If you're not bothered by that then crack on, if not the other options might be better. 

Use the bombs imo.

Permethrin is active for around 8hrs after application.  There will be some residual poison on surfaces for a bit longer but as long as there are no actual plants in the room theres no cause for concern imho.

Permethrin is actually supplied as a topical cream for killing lice/scabies in humans so isn't actually that dangerous for us anyway. 

No you wouldn't wanna smoke it I grant you but as a general insecticide to use in between crops it's hard to beat imo. As said it will reach all the places you are most likely to miss with sprays and other methods of application.

Just read the label and exercise caution around pets.

Atb

• Like 5

I've used permethrin based smoke bombs loads to combat mites , some are better than others I've found. 

The best ones I've used so far are Organ-x p professional 93g smoke bombs , they are twenty quid a pop on Jeff's website that sells everything.

My main issue is finding a valid reason to leave the house for 6 Hours

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Yeah I had mites once, used the fortefog one Dodgee mentions, no plants in there, just scrubbed the room and bombed it. Never had any bother again (touch wood). 

If you use square plastic pots look underneath the rim, the fuckers had even got under there! 

• Like 4

Just now, KC said:

If you use square plastic pots look underneath the rim, the fuckers had even got under there! 

Inside bamboo canes too bro , they love hiding in those I've found.

:yinyang:

• Like 4

Lemme add a little here if I may....these smoke bombs can chuck out a LOT of smoke.  I used one in my room to clean out two tents, opened them both up and popped a bomb in the middle of room.  I'd planned ahead and ran the power for my extraction out of the room via an extension, so I could just plug the extension back in and the extraction would turnback on.  I lit the bomb and bailed out of the room.  A very fucking short time later the smoke alarm went off outside the room, I had to whack the extraction on pronto, I have a lil doggie who wouldn't appreciate a lung full of poison.

Digressing...

Plan a route to get out of your room once you light up, they fire up really quick (you have seconds not minutes)

Buy the appropriate size for your space...using one that does MUCH more than your room will result in leakage of poisonous gas...:fart:

Take precautions with pets - advise do as I did, have extraction on standby, and close up your space.

If it was me, I'd do the bleach first, then also hit em with the smoke bomb.  you can get a cheap sprayer from b&q, fill with bleach solution and go to town.

• Like 1

For a single tent in a spare room size space the mini fortefogs are adequate aye :yep: I think they're rated to cover 15m3 iirc.

Theres no need for something that clears a 120m3 space unless you're actually in that space lol

• Like 2

Just now, Dodgee said:

For a single tent in a spare room size space the mini fortefogs are adequate aye :yep: I think they're rated to cover 15m3 iirc.

Theres no need for something that clears a 120m3 space unless you're actually in that space lol

LOL...i think that's prob what I set off in my room lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dodgee said:

Permethrin is active for around 8hrs after application

That's good to know I'm always quick to mistrust anything "chemical", unless it comes in little wraps of paper of course lol.

• Like 1

Everyone knows that if it's a 20mm x 20mm ziplock baggy embossed with a cartoon character it MUST be safe for human consumption.

Right?

lol

• Like 5

Just now, Dodgee said:

Everyone knows that if it's a 20mm x 20mm ziplock baggy embossed with a cartoon character it MUST be safe for human consumption.

Right?

lol

lollollollollol

• Like 1