Looking for the nastiest be all and end all spider mite killer/killers suggestions ?

HazyHashMan

@HazyHashMan thats good to know for future reference, had always been my plan when the time comes, but definitely not an issue you want to waste time with. Good to know about the harkers, I'll keep that in mind. 

Have you seen @highgrowers thread using Dettol? Seems like a cheap effective method.

Edited by MindSoup
Link
  • Like 1

Not read the thread just the title but goin on that...

Fire kill it wi fire works for killin all sorts does fire :yep:lol

Disclaimer I am not liable for anything that happens due to you killin things wi fire :yep:

• Like 1

@MindSoup Nice i'll be sure to add that to the repertoire. Probably start disinfecting in a few days once everythings here. These 4 products combind are sure to do it

Ah cured mine wi a chilli pepper spray. Boil a ton a chilli's up - hotter the better, ah used scotch bonnets, birds eyes an cayenne powder. Keep the pot simmerin for an hour or so then blend an strain through a coffee filter. 

Spray on twice a day until they're gone. It took about a week for me but that was a weak batch - ah made a stronger one for wee sap suckers on ma tomatoes an that sorted them a bit quicker. Jist don't have the fans on coz it's fuckin pepper spray, you'll choke an go blind for ages if it gets in yer face.

After the grow wis done ah bleached ma tents an they've no come back so far. That wis a grow or two back now.

The key is spottin it early on an gettin them dealt wi before they become endemic. But the pepper spray does work wi early infestations an it's no harmful tae pets or kids or the environment. Can even spray in flower if absolutely necessary - jist don't go lickin the buds after...

• Like 2

@JockBudman I was also thinking of doing that heard good results, iv always got scotch bonnets laying about lovely in jerk or curries. I might make a curry and collect up all the seeds from loads of bonnets and make a super spicy one, think tescos has a hotter variety but quite a ways from me don't use those for cooking no flavour too much spice but should be perfect for spider mites

• Like 1

@HazyHashMan ah've seen the super hots in Asda an all - think it was a Carolina reaper but mebbe a Naga viper. Ah've got seeds for both but am banned frae growin them coz we've got cats an ah don't fancy reachin past they bad boys in the tent. Even touchin a leaf on the superhots can burn a bit.

• Like 1