Looking for the nastiest be all and end all spider mite killer/killers suggestions ?

HazyHashMan

@smokie1 b c f c Harkers is it then by sounds of it :yep::yep: i'll give that a routine follow up and some neem oil for backup. Fingers crossed that'll be it then. Will probably just use predators as a preventative measure in future rather than a cure. Although predators work wonders for thrips they just can't hack the spider mites

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Arthur Mix said:

Dr shimmel is bad but works causes some odd growth after I only used it in veg . Was kept under the counter irc 

Is the stuff I’ve used in the past, smells lovely lol . Didn’t see any odd growth on older plants in veg but young ones grew proper weird n ended up binned,

• Like 1

Big fan of harkers.  I've used upto 2ml per litre in a spray, no damage at all and didn't wash it off. 

I give two sprays, one at end of veg and one 7 days into bloom.  I always get thrips and mites, two cats.  I just find them dead on the leaves occasionally. 

Edited by fatboy77

Permethrin smoke bombs.

For when absolutely positively every motherfucker in the room must die.

Careful, it's toxic to cats, fish and bees amongst other things.  It's persistent too.  I wouldn't use it around actual plants but for cleaning/sterilisation/defestation between crops.. can't be beaten really. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Dodgee said:

Permethrin smoke bombs.

For when absolutely positively every motherfucker in the room must die.

Careful, it's toxic to cats, fish and bees amongst other things.  It's persistent too.  I wouldn't use it around actual plants but for cleaning/sterilisation/defestation between crops.. can't be beaten really. 

Not heard of these and I know someone that could use them now.

• Like 1

Look for fortefog or formula P fumer's.

They kill all flying/crawling insects so not just mites but gnats/thrips all get obliterated too.

I like them because by there nature they get in all the nooks and crannies that are easy to miss/forget when using spray solutions.

Just read the instructions and take care of pets

:yinyang:

• Like 2

Just ordered some of the harkers stuff should get here next week, i'll update back here in a couple weeks or so on the success hopefully, thanks all for the suggestions

My method for using Harkers is slightly different, I'd only use this method with small plants. I put the entire contents of the 5ml bottle into a large bucket, then I add 10 litres of water, take a plant, turn it upside down, then dip the plant into the bucket and swirl it around, taking care not to get any compost in the water, that's it, done. Best done just before lights out btw.

On 8/6/2021 at 2:25 PM, Arthur Mix said:

Dr shimmel is bad but works causes some odd growth after I only used it in veg . Was kept under the counter irc 

I had some inscrutable  mites off cuts .

Best advice is fuck cuts off if anyone offers them .

Dr shimmel is the only thing that worked for me after 2 or so years of trying all sorts. 

• Like 1

It's confirmed, harkers is the be all and end all to mites, going to wait for any remaining eggs to hatch and give them another dose and that'll be the last of them. Growth on tops of plants are coming through green and healthy already didn't even touch the plants in the slightest

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

@Dodgee Just been looking at some smoke bombs. Didn't want to but looks like some of these bastard mites are becoming immune to the harkers can't tell for sure though might just be new eggs hatching.

Im clearing out the flower room in a couple days and burning the lot. What i was going to ask is with these smoke bombs whats the protacol ? Going to be using it in a bedroom but iv put a stud wall up between my where i sleep and where plants are would i be able to use it during day with extraction off for a couple hours then turn outtake back on and be safe on my part ? I don't recon any smoke will escape it's basically a seperate room

Which mites have you tried out of interest? I gather the Californicus only really work for prevention whereas Phytoseiulus persimilis are supposedly better for controlling an outbreak. 

@MindSoup I used both species, tripled what they recommended on dragonfli for a bad infestation too. Just bought so spinosad and smoke bombs + gunna get another bottle of hackers and up the concentration and hit em with all 3 then full body dip all the cuts and mothers in 3% peroxide. If they aint gone after that not even a nuclear apocolaypse could end these fuckers lol

The harkers stuff has been working wonders though. But i haven't used anything in the bloom room yet only in the veg tent so maybe new mites are making there way over, so im gunna put the tent in the bloom room with all the mothers while i nuke em with the gas. Plus gunna bleach the room. Im almost certain that'll have to do it. Then ill wait 2 weeks and maybe introduce predators but touch wood won't need too. It's my first spider mite infestation in just shy of 10 years growing on and off so should be last time i see them hopefully

Might even blend up some scotch bonnets later for a spicy foliar feed and then make some jerk with the leftovers, im waging war on the fuckers

Edited by HazyHashMan