Looking for the nastiest be all and end all spider mite killer/killers suggestions ?

HazyHashMan

Been tackling a spider mite infestation with predator mites and while they work wonders on thrips im starting to think not so much on spider mites. Introduced a few new cuts to my tent and didn't take long to see bite marks all over them so looks like predators are losing the battle and i used way more than recommended so now im looking for the strong stuff.

Already done my far share of research from neem oils to spinosad and many other methods. Im intreged by the sound of ivermectin. Mentioned on here in past by @smokie1 b c f c & @catfish meant for pigeons but sounds very effective. Have used something similar to deflee my cats and the ticks or whatever they were dropped like flys (literally raining off the cats) So im hoping this stuff will be the same for mites. Seen another brand called harkers ? But same thing less concentrated apparently.

As stands im thinking of getting ivermectin and probably get some sort of neem oil mixed with spinosad to continually top up with and probably hit it with ivermectin a second time after two weeks and go from there.

Question : Has anyone out there used ivermectin and used it on rooted cuttings that are young ? Did it burn them at all and also any tips of application too would help. I'll probably be using a spray bottle and will pick up one of those pump spray bottles from screwfix too for once my flowering tents done i'll give everything a full spray in bleach water and more

Question 2 : I've seen @FARMER G Mention Plant Vitality Plus. Has anyone used that too success ? would like opinions might use ivermectin and this together to make it really hard for the mites to survive

• Like 2

I bought some of the last Abermectin products available for non commercial use. I don't get spidermites often, but that shit is a one shot, Day-2-Job-Done product and I still have some left.

Abermectin isn't quite the same thing, it's the sort of previous stage to Ivermectin, but it did burn. i use to spray then the day after, i'd rinse the plants under running water in to the bath tub.

• Like 2

Just now, HazyHashMan said:

As stands im thinking of getting ivermectin

if you get it in a concentrated form, let me know! it ain't easy

harkers will do it, but it's a rip off price wise

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 1

hi there. plant v plus can burn plants, and its not as good as the mectins. with the harkers harkamectin, by the time i sprayed the 2nd spray 3 days after the first all the mites wernt moving anymore. lol. so i sprayed the second time to kill any straglers or hatching eggs. ivermectin is better value for money, but ive only ever used the harkas. if you do buy harkas make sure its the one in the spot on bottle with a pipette in the top of the cap

• Like 3

Dr shimmel is bad but works causes some odd growth after I only used it in veg . Was kept under the counter irc 

• Like 5

I spray with harkers but they eventually get immune to it and still get a Web or 2 at 6 weeks flower  . They are a bastard in an outbuilding to contend with . My next methods are just to bleach, disinfectant and air out the room every Sunday,  along with the harkers applied regularly in veg . Had some of the california predator sachets that got to hold them back from webbing , will be adding them with a bit of neem paintbrushed onto the stems. Complete nightmare to deal with and suck the juices out your plant to dust in days.

• Like 1

Gran used to swear by nicotine. It's pretty fucking deadly so i've not doubt it worked for her. She'd put 5 or so fags in water and leave it for a few days; strain, the just spray that on to the plants.

• Like 2

@ratdog Highest concentration iv seen is 1% at the moment

@Keye The burning part is whats putting me off the most. How bad is the burn ? Sounds like its needed though one shot job is what i need lol

@smokie1 b c f c Might go with harkers if its tried and tested. How did you apply it to the plants ? Did you dilute and spray or just put a drop on each plant like bottle says for pigeons

@HazyHashMan It was only bad when i left it on the plant, really. I also covered the soil tops so nothing dripped down and had to be washed through or taken up in to the plant.

• Like 1

@Keye You recon it'll still be effective if i spray on then rinse an hour or so later to prevent burning ? Could go spray - rinse - spray again with neem oil or something less harsh - wait 3/4 days and repeat for 2 weeks

• Like 1

I don't know actually...

Are we talking about Abermectin and Avermectin? Ivermectin being the medicine...?

As I udnerstood it, Av and Ab have to be consumed so I'm not sure how long they'd take to ingest it. A few hours may be OK.

e2a: OK< just read Ivermectin is a type of Avermectin...

Edited by Keye

@Keye Talking about ivermectin mainly. I did look up Abermectin but like you said don't think it's available anymore for non commerical use but seen as it is meant to be similar to ivermectin im just going on the assumption that they'd burn the same and need the same application but maybe it doesn't work like that

• Like 1

if you get the harkas, 1ml per litre is the max, i have used it at half a ml per litre, no need to wash it off, just spray the whole plant do the underside of the leafs first then the tops. 2 to 3 days later one more spray, then your done. ive sprayed them with seaweed water after a week to wash any dead bugs off, and give a boost of n. where a mask when spraying it tho dude, seriously, and where gloves too. 

all the best with it, id wish you luck in killing the mites but with harkas there's no need as you will see. kills them all.

• Like 1