Shaman Greenhouse Grow

Michellis

Not an expert but those buds look nowhere near ready - I've ended up harvesting most of my autos early - mainly because of budrot - and mine where way further along than yours - the high on my early harvested bud is really trippy, with a little paranoia thrown in, definitely not couch lock. I'm also growing in a greenhouse, also near Oxford, also thinking that greenhouse growing is far from easy......

Edited by Roofless won
Additional
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Too late for lactobacillus? 

I didn't know what this was so I googled it:

Lactic acid bacteria contain microbes that are used for the production of fermented foods, such as dairy products (yoghurt, cheese); fermented vegetables (sauerkraut, olives, gherkins); cooked cold meats (like Iberian ham); fermented alcoholic drinks (wine, beer, cider); or even sourdough bread.

so are we now saying that my ham & cheese sarnie and gerkhins washed down with a couple of pints at lunchtime was actually a wise and healthy choice on my part?

As has been said. shes a fair bit away and i would def leave her outdoors and try support the laterals as much as poss.   

I have used various methods of treating stem rot ,  the mist effective it have found is to gently scrape away -  please do this as far away from other girls as poss.   

Once cleaned up i then make a paste of bicarb of soda and apply,  you can also dust it on.   I find a diluted bicarb mix tends to just add more water to an area already sodden.   

If going with the paste option, i make a kind of bandage out the paste and leave it to dry - i find it cleans things up & normally forms a crusty shell that falls off.  

Dusting it on -  i borrow one of the mrs makeup brushes ..... but dont tell her :)      

I have seen people use methods from gas burner torches through to dettol.    Choose you method or varying methods and see how you get on.  :yep:

I have used clear umbrellas , lean to frames ... anything to keep them dry and let the wind & light still do its thing.    

The jots of playing outdoor & the battle with big bad mother nature :)     I love it !!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Roofless won said:

so are we now saying that my ham & cheese sarnie and gerkhins washed down with a couple of pints at lunchtime was actually a wise and healthy choice on my part?

Try lactobacillus bud rot :skin_up:

41 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Try lactobacillus bud rot :skin_up:

I actually went for lactobacillus cannabis - that's from the dinafem website - obviously ham & cheese sarnies are popular in Spain too

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SubSpecies said:

C'mon Shamen you can do it!! Poor girl, damn rot always puts a dark cloud on tingz, but yes i would leave her outside in the sun to breath better for sure, cut any moldy bud off carefully and very gently, you could even get a bag and put that over the rotted bud if its a top bud and chop in the bag to help reduce any more spread. If its an arkward bud (not a top bud) be even more careful, maybe wave a flame over the moldy bud to burn loose spores before chopping it.

With the stem rot, i have just cleaned away some on my stem by using my hand sanitizer and kitchen roll, soak the kitchen roll with the sanattizer and start from bottom of stem rot and carefully work your way up so the juice runs into the tissue, take plenty of sheets and repeat untill clean, you may see stem damage naturally but the alchohol will certainly help big time. you could just run over that stem rot with a lighter or jet flame first to kill any loose spores and burn off some of that mold before you clean, thats what i normally do, but don't breath that smoke and try not to let that smoke run through any buds, tilt the plant and burn off the stem rot if necessary so the smoke goes away from any flowers.

Try to keep her dry as you can, you have a green house, strongly recommend a dehumidifyer or a powerful fan and put her in there when it rains and bring her out right away when it stops, but your best bet in all honesty is probably to just leave her outside all the time if you can, its bit of a contradiction putting her in the greenhouse when it rains as the humidity is 90%+ in there, and if it rains for too long like a day or two non-stop its game over, hence you should only put her in the greenhouse if you have a dehumidifier or powerful fan, leave the door open and face the fan towards the door, fan at back of greenhouse about middle hight should be good, the idea is to try to push out that moisture near the top of the greenhouse, seems to be where moisture accumulates the most.

Keep a very close eye opn her for more rot to come, but fingers crossed it stays at bay.

Best of luck to you as you head towards the finish line, nows the time to give it all you got :yinyang:

One Love @Michellis, i really hope this works out for you!

Thanks very much for this detailed and helpful reply. I have treated stem mould as directed and removed a couple of infected buds. I will keep her outside in the fine(ish) weather but move her under an awning at night. The greenhouse gets very cold and damp at night (lots of condensation) and I have no electrical supply in there so no de-humidifiers are possible. So I think the greenhouse is out. I'll keep the forum posted on progress....

• Like 1

17 hours ago, OldFord said:

As has been said. shes a fair bit away and i would def leave her outdoors and try support the laterals as much as poss.   

I have used various methods of treating stem rot ,  the mist effective it have found is to gently scrape away -  please do this as far away from other girls as poss.   

Once cleaned up i then make a paste of bicarb of soda and apply,  you can also dust it on.   I find a diluted bicarb mix tends to just add more water to an area already sodden.   

If going with the paste option, i make a kind of bandage out the paste and leave it to dry - i find it cleans things up & normally forms a crusty shell that falls off.  

Dusting it on -  i borrow one of the mrs makeup brushes ..... but dont tell her :)      

I have seen people use methods from gas burner torches through to dettol.    Choose you method or varying methods and see how you get on.  :yep:

I have used clear umbrellas , lean to frames ... anything to keep them dry and let the wind & light still do its thing.    

The jots of playing outdoor & the battle with big bad mother nature :)     I love it !!!

Thanks very much for this. Really appreciate the input. I think my problem now is to decide just when the usable parts of the plant should be harvested.... 

large.P9170003.jpg

Edited by Michellis
  • Like 3

@Michellis    As to when you should take the good parts ..... only you can decide :yep:  

I use a jewellers loupe to check the trichs , i like a splattering of amber but each to their own.   Magnifying glass works well too.  

even taking a zoomed in pic on your phone can help. 

Ideally i  want all milky / cloudy trichs but each to their own.   

When chopping do this early morning , you dont want much light getting to the trichs before chopping.   

All the best and keep at it sir :) 

• Like 2

On 17/09/2021 at 5:54 PM, OldFord said:

@Michellis    As to when you should take the good parts ..... only you can decide :yep:  

I use a jewellers loupe to check the trichs , i like a splattering of amber but each to their own.   Magnifying glass works well too.  

even taking a zoomed in pic on your phone can help. 

Ideally i  want all milky / cloudy trichs but each to their own.   

When chopping do this early morning , you dont want much light getting to the trichs before chopping.   

All the best and keep at it sir :) 

Thanks for these tips, much appreciated.

A couple more pictures here. Buds seem to be coming on OK and these trichomes look quite milky I think....large.B.jpglarge.A.jpg

• Like 3

Looking good sir :yep:    Much like the rest of us ... your a good way to go and an ever decreasing weather window sadly,  i'm due some mixed weather for a wk or so , msty mornings not ideal. 

The pistils around the flower , may , brown off towards maturity, some plants do and some dont.   Keep an eye open. 

Fingers crossed , all the best & bring it on :)