Shaman Greenhouse Grow

Michellis

Hello All,

My first greenhouse grow is Shaman. Just a single plant.

I'm getting just slightly concerned about the size (not far off hitting the roof!), s almost 6'

It's into about it's tenth week.

Is it looking likely to flower...?

Any action I should be taking..?

Thanks!

large.IMG_0859.JPGlarge.IMG_0857.JPG

• Like 8

Is it a photoperiod or automatic plant?

If it’s a photoperiod, it won’t start flowering until the daylight shortens to 12 hours. An automatic would have started by now. 

I had a free seed that was labelled as auto but it’s the size yours is and still hasn’t started flowering despite being 16 weeks so it’s likely a photo. 

• Like 1

Hey man,

Nice plant and good growing for your first grow.

The plant is showing some signs of nitrogen hunger, you can tell by the yellowing of the lower leaves, so I would be looking to get a feed into her, not sure what you are using but some sort of grow feed would be appropriate.

In terms of flower, I am not seeing any signs of flower yet and it is still a bit early for a photoperiod plant to show and an auto should have shown something by 10 weeks I would have thought so I am assuming this is a photoperiod plant.

You might want to consider removing some of the panes in that greenhouse if possible or bending some of those branches down to reduce the height a little as it will still grow for another 1-1.5 months if it is a photoperiod.

atb

greenie

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Michellis said:

Hello All,

My first greenhouse grow is Shaman. Just a single plant.

I'm getting just slightly concerned about the size (not far off hitting the roof!), s almost 6'

It's into about it's tenth week.

Is it looking likely to flower...?

Any action I should be taking..?

Thanks!

large.IMG_0859.JPGlarge.IMG_0857.JPG

Dutch passion shaman? Should start flowering over the next few weeks, plant is starting to look hungry so in need of a nitrogen rich feed you want to keep the plant as healthy as possible at this stage to help prevent mold and to ensure a good yield, the plant will also stretch during flower each strain is different some don't stretch as much as others, now would be a good time to start training the plants tops before flowering begins. 

• Like 2

First off many thanks to ALL for such a speedy and comprehensive reply

Yes, it's a Dutch Passion Shaman Photoperiod. I should have done a little more homework on this strain I think!!

I have had two very good indoor grows with autoflower strains but was a little underprepared for the length of an outdoor grow..

I have been feeding with BioBizz Grow and just started to use the Bloom, perhaps I should use this more regularly since you have suggested a deficiency...??

I don't think removing the greenhouse glass is an option due to neighbours.

Would it be possible to finish the plant indoors under lights if it becomes unviable in the greenhouse...??

Thanks Again.

Brilliant forum !! 

• Like 1

Greetings @Michellis, defo looks like she bursting into flower, it would be too late now to top/prune her regarding her size, but i could suggest to use a brick and string and carefully gently slowly bend her down some, perhaps pull the pot forwards a bit and bend her away from the door, tie the string round the main stem about 1 foot to 1 and a half foot from the top and try to get that main top level with the tops on the branches below, you can turn the brick on each side wrapping the string round it to get the right tension level, keep the brick up against the back of the pot or as close to it as poss to help with balance too, its a smallish pot and will be light when dry and could buckle out if not careful, maybe try to secure the pot down somehow, thats if you do go for a bend :yep:

Give her a good flower feed and enjoy your blossoms! Shaman hey! Yaman sounds nice nice! She goes purple i tink. 

One Love :yinyang:

SubS :bong:

Edited by SubSpecies
  • Like 2

On 09/08/2021 at 2:26 AM, SubSpecies said:

Greetings @Michellis, defo looks like she bursting into flower, it would be too late now to top/prune her regarding her size, but i could suggest to use a brick and string and carefully gently slowly bend her down some, perhaps pull the pot forwards a bit and bend her away from the door, tie the string round the main stem about 1 foot to 1 and a half foot from the top and try to get that main top level with the tops on the branches below, you can turn the brick on each side wrapping the string round it to get the right tension level, keep the brick up against the back of the pot or as close to it as poss to help with balance too, its a smallish pot and will be light when dry and could buckle out if not careful, maybe try to secure the pot down somehow, thats if you do go for a bend :yep:

Give her a good flower feed and enjoy your blossoms! Shaman hey! Yaman sounds nice nice! She goes purple i tink. 

One Love :yinyang:

SubS :bong:

Thanks very much for this advice. Really appreciate it. Will try this bending technique. 

How often would you feed at this stage ...?

• Like 1

You very welcome @Michellis, i hope it goes well for you, just remember not to force the bending too much to prevent snapping and the response will be great.
I would probably feed with every watering due to the fact she will be drinking lots quickly due to her size and the size of the pot, and she looks hungry, there may not be enough food in the soil to last her, so take advantage of that and get that Bio food into her with every watering and pump them buds up, i wouldn't do that with chemical ferts but defo with organics, and BioBizz is organic i believe, but don't exceed the recommended dose on the bottle, a little goes a long way, stop feeding her at least 1 week before you harvest, but go with 2 weeks incase you have to chop early due to mold being in a glasshouse. Hope this helps you out mucho. Blessed of luck with the bending...... :yinyang:

• Like 2

Also, it would be safe to remove those big fan leaves growing from the main stalk to help with light and air flow, she won't need so much now she flowering, but she will still want her fan leaves on her branches so no more than that at this stage, keep us posted large.ras_wink.gif

One Love :bong:

Edited by SubSpecies
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, SubSpecies said:

Also, it would be safe to remove those big fan leaves growing from the main stalk to help with light and air flow, she won't need so much now she flowering, but she will still want her fan leaves on her branches so no more than that at this stage, keep us posted large.ras_wink.gif

One Love :bong:

Thanks SubSpecies, that's all brilliant advice, very much appreciated. I have removed those huge fan leaves from the main stem. I'm a little worried about the bending bit. Still about a foot of growth before she tops the glass!! 

Just now, Michellis said:

I'm a little worried about the bending bit.

No need to be, providing you take it slow and gentle it'll be fine. You don't have to bend fully all at once, do it in stages over a couple of days.

As Subs said, try to get the top level with the side branches...:yep:

Good Luck

• Like 1

I’ve bent the top of my big plant back down to the same level as the sides, it was back up to the roof of the greenhouse. Based on a site I found, it’s still a month until 12/12 light/dark here so just need to keep it from getting too visible from all angles. 

I know how you feel, but as stu914 says also.. no need to be really.. there are tuff fibres (hemp) in the stalks, they can handle slow bending, just not quick swift bending, it can be good to wiggle the main stalk back and forth with your finger and thumb on the main stalk at the point where you want the bend to be, this will loosen up the fibres and encourage the bend point at your finger and thumb.

There is another way if you would like to consider, it is called LST (low stress training), it is very similar to the above bending technique but creates an actual kink in the main stalk, this is what i do with my plants.

Heres how:

You can see i have striked a red line through the main stalk at the point where you could make the bend, just be sure it is not too close to the above or below node (leaf set/branch on main stalk).

You could even go another node or two down if you prefered to make it a little shorter, that might not be such a bad idea.

large.large.IMG_0857.JPG.dc7bb77430b95179d57ede5c5dec37f8.JPG

To bend:

1. Place your two 'peace' fingers sideways on the front of main stem at the point where the bend is gonna happen,

2. Place your thumb on the other side of the stalk and part your two fingers enough as if your thumb would fit through.

3. Keep your thumb firm and gently press in a pulsing motion your two fingers slightly bending the stalk on your thumb, but gently... keep doing 'pulsing' squeezes and you should start to feel the stalk loosen up...  if that stalk is loose you can now tie and hold it down easier and safer with a brick, or you can carry on further to LST.

4. LST: Keep going gently and press with your thumb to sort of 'cave in' the main stalk and using more force with the fingers (but still be gentle), it may crackle a little as some fibres possibly tear a little, you can feel it, don't worry its ok, it creates 'scar' tissue making a powerfull knuckle on the bend, some say it can pump more power to the plant, i do this early on in the plants life for a trained bush.

5. Now the top should sort of be hanging, slumped over like, you should support it using a long cane and tieing the branch horizontally to the cane, a tall cane securing from the floor to the roof would be ideal for stregth and support.

Naturally the top will try to grow back up again, but it would have slowed its stretch down alot as the energy is now level with other tops, and it will poke its head up in the back row large.ras_wink.gif

The third option:

Dramatic action, not recommended unless all else fails... dare i say it..... r-r-r-removing the top large.ras_eek.giflarge.ras_eek.giflarge.ras_eek.gifcoz if you don't bend then the top will press up against the roof and rot sadly i would imagine.

I hope your decision is blessed and i know you will be ok, only do what you feel is right, so crack on... give it a good shot large.ras_wink.gif

All the blessed :bong:

Edited by SubSpecies
  • Like 6