Limelock Tegridy Test

Tegridy Farms

On 16/11/2021 at 3:58 PM, Tegridy Farms said:

The plants have been hanging whole for 13-14 days at 16-18c, 55-65rh and stems are now starting to snap.
Today, I’ve been in the tent, chopping it down into smaller sections and putting into brown paper bags.

Got to one of the limelocks, this one smells different to the others. The others still smell and taste as described in an earlier post, except 1 out of the 3 is more apple than lime. But number 4 is different. She smells gassy and kushy and she tastes of creamy kush. There’s no other way I can describe it. Very identical in looks but the smell and taste are completely different.

atb,

Tegs.

Thanks for all the feedback, very useful.. And glad to hear that they have filled you're jars with nice weed.. What its all about at the end of the day... 

On 12/11/2021 at 1:47 PM, Shumroom said:

@Gaijin those lime lock ain't subbie seeds,

they're being bred/developed by @Amarillo slim so they'll probably appear in the UK420 shop. Iirc

Hint: click on the tag for Amarillo slim and on his profile screen choose the option to follow him :)

That way you'll see any updates he makes :yep:

Atb 

:yinyang:

Thanks, and yes seeds will be destined for the store here and nowhere else...  Im nearing the end of making my selections for the new batch, have pulled a very nice BLR S1 (F5) that has proved to show good vigour and health under various types of stress, as well as being slightly more branchy than most her sisters (which want to grow like sunflowers), and has the smell just like her mum, more of the pepper, woody smells dominating with hints of lime and mint etc - one of the plants has a pure mint smell, interesting but not my preference for this project...  All in all a more stable version of the mum used for last batch, with a growth habit more suited to indoor growing...  

The Warlocks I've also had success, but with the extra variation, selection has been more difficult.  Ive ended up with an extremely resilient individual with most of the traits I desire for this project, but, whilst being perfect in many practical ways, she has a slightly 'meh' smell compared to some of her sisters - which have interesting fruity, skunky and sour smells..  The dilemma here is wether to use the more hardy afhgani type to tame the BLR and produce the best plants for indoor environments, or to focus more on the interesting possibilities of combing the smells / highs of the two lines, and to make a compromise on the growth characteristics... Smoke tests might help make the decision, however Im currently thinking theres only one way to find out, use both separately, and then grow out + have testers grow the two batches, to ascertain which mating is 'best' before making bulk seed....  In this case, release will unfortunately be delayed further... But as the saying goes - That which has been done well, has been done quickly enough.  

• Like 5

@Amarillo slim

“If it reads easy, it’s writ hard.” 

Ernest Hemingway 

Can I please ask for some more of your observations in relation to BLR F5 & also Warlock. Doubtless to say you know both these cultivars rather well by now and as I’m growing both of these out this / next year I’d be interested to hear your thoughts on both. Great project and very interesting so thanks AS & also @Tegridy Farms for the diary. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Ned The Head said:

@Amarillo slim

“If it reads easy, it’s writ hard.” 

Ernest Hemingway 

Not sure if a compliment or a criticism?  I could write pages, but try to keep things concise.  Though often feel like I drag on with long posts that nobody can be arsed to read..? lol 

21 minutes ago, Ned The Head said:

Doubtless to say you know both these cultivars rather well by now

I know the Warlock pretty well having grown and bred with it on and off for over a decade, there is still a fair amount of variation among what I call secondary traits (flower structure, smell etc). But overall the plants do what they say on the tin and all finish in similar time frame, all with good potency etc.  I grew both Feminised and regular versions from Serious this last round, and noticed the regulars seem to lean more to the skunk side, taller more fussy plants but with sweeter smells, the fems seem to have a little more of the afghanica heritage present, squatter growth and some burnt rubber types etc. (This is just anecdotal from smaller numbers (of the regs)) - might be worth an email to Serious to see if they can confirm this before basing any decision on it.  

The major traits I like about warlock are that they are generally forgiving plants that can take some shit, bring the goods with good yield of highly potent and tasty flower, some more loose fruity phenos along with more compact easy to trim types.  With much of this getting passed on to offspring in hybrids...  

BLR is newer to me, and I really only have first hand experience with the seeds I revived, and subsequent plant I selected to make Hybrids and S1s. There are other BLR seeds about which are from different selections at some point along the line, so can't comment too much on the cultivar in general, only the particular seeds I am working with...  Generally though these are big plants making large flowers with few leaves. Unique smell / taste, with pepper etc mentioned above. Becomes a favourite of many who smoke it.  I also like that Gene's side of the breeding includes some old cali outdoor genetics, this brings a hardiness and reliance to the table like the Warlock, but from a different angle.  So in the hybrid there is present traits from both that make for vigorous, easy growing plants. Coupled with the good smells/taste, yield and potency, and a little of the unusual / exotic,  I hope these will be more special than (insert generic dutch/spanish commercial plant here).  

Neither plant finishes well outdoors at are lats, far too late. 

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 7

Just now, Amarillo slim said:

Not sure if a compliment or a criticism?

A compliment - I wasn’t referring to your writing style but more your dedication to put in the hard work for a quality end product. 

Really appreciate your detailed response. Some fascinating observations. Very helpful, thanks. :yinyang:

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/11/2021 at 7:08 PM, Ned The Head said:

A compliment - I wasn’t referring to your writing style but more your dedication to put in the hard work for a quality end product. 

Ah, got it.  Sorry brain was running half speed and took it literally... Thanks.

On 18/11/2021 at 7:08 PM, Ned The Head said:

Really appreciate your detailed response. Some fascinating observations. Very helpful, thanks. :yinyang:

No worries, glad it was of interest / helpful.  cheers 

• Like 3

On 11/18/2021 at 1:53 PM, Amarillo slim said:

Neither plant finishes well outdoors at are lats, far too late. 

What about at lat 37 I smoked warlock at the bluebird in Amsterdam many years ago it was a powerful smoke that I thoroughly enjoyed that crossed to the BLR with the old school Cali outdoor In there sounds interesting would be interested in giving them a go 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bfehillbilly said:

What about at lat 37 I smoked warlock at the bluebird in Amsterdam many years ago it was a powerful smoke that I thoroughly enjoyed that crossed to the BLR with the old school Cali outdoor In there sounds interesting would be interested in giving them a go 

Worth a try. If you can document with some pics will send some of new batch before spring. As would like to see it growing outdoors.  

Plan with this project was always to do some section outdoors at lower lats, but covid got in the way.  Selection now leaning to making it more desirable as an indoor cultivar.  

Warlock is one of those, bred indoors for so long that doesn't start flowering until 12/12 outside. So still a late plant even at lower lats. But imagine the cross will do ok for you.  

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 1

Just read through the whole thread.

Great read, good info, giant plants.  I'll be keeping an eye out for seeds to hit the store, for sure!  

Lime Zest is what I'm after!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Amarillo slim said:

Worth a try. If you can document with some pics will send some of new batch before spring. As would like to see it growing outdoors.  

I can do that most would be growing in cornfields they are still picking corn here so it will have time to mature I would keep a couple around here on my farm and baby them and start a diary I sent you a PM awhile back I will send you another after the new year 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...