Limelock Tegridy Test

Tegridy Farms

The lime locks are massive, so ten weeks flower. 

Hope the Apple stays there. Mines definitely more lime but it’s still early.

the extra time on that gorilla seems to have been worth it as well. Looks lovely too.

• Like 2

@Whatwentwrong thanks bud.

Yeah easily 10 weeks of flower to get the best out of her. :yep:

The lime smell seemed to turn more sweet towards late flower. Quite a difficult profile to explain. There’s a kushy weed smell but there’s also lime, sweet but sour. I asked the mrs what she thought it smelt of, and her response was… “weed, and it stinks”. 

i checked the temps of the tent earlier, smells amazing. 

Keen to see how yours comes out mate.

• Like 2

Thanks for growing these and for all the feedback, very useful as I'm currently making choices selecting the new parents.  Once thing I'm looking to tweak a little is the shear size / vigour of these. Which might be describable outdoors in cali, but not so much in cabs / drobes / tents.....  Anything else you think could be better?  Look forward to hearing how they smoke.  cheers 

• Like 1

@Amarillo slim it was a pleasure bud.

They were easy to grow, easy feeders. No male parts to be seen anywhere. Lovely smells. 

Personally, I think the vigor with these is good, as long as you know what to expect and plan for this. As you see with mine they over took the gorilla which were a week or so in front, but if you look at @Whatwentwrongs scrog, he’s tamed it quite well. If I were to do one or two of these on there own in my space, knowing what I know now, I’m sure I could achieve a perfectly level canopy full of buds. I quite like that they need very little veg time.

my only negatives with this grow would be the mould problems I encountered, but this could be caused by my own environment and not the genetics. Lights being to close and creating hot spots etc. And I did move my air movement fans about a bit. So any of that could have contributed.

56 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

Look forward to hearing how they smoke

Not as much as I am to smoking them.:skin_up:

Thanks again buddy.

Tegs

• Like 3

@Amarillo slim

So…remember a few weeks back, i spotted a cola beginning to go bad, and I managed to save a bit of early smoke. 
Well I’m sitting here, smoking some of the limelock for the first time. :skin_up:

She’s something special mate :yep:

The smell is like no weed I’ve ever smelt before. Its lime/pine, very citrus and a little fruity. Lime zest instantly comes to mind. 

The taste is amazing. Inhale.…slightly minty, apple, lime zest. Exhale….lime/pepper.

I lit my joint and knew I had to write about it. I’ve got halfway down and my thoughts are already becoming difficult to put together. Eyes feeling warm and heavy. Very relaxing. My mind keeps wandering off.

An incredible smoke, and that’s just an early, uncured sample. 

Thanks again. 

Tegs

Edited by Tegridy Farms
  • Like 5

Well that all looks a bit different than when I last saw it 

Somehow I've not popped in and taken a look since August or thereabouts. Lovely result :yep:  Feel like I should go look at the subbie seeds list to see if those lovely limes are on there :D 

• Like 2

@Gaijin those lime lock ain't subbie seeds,

they're being bred/developed by @Amarillo slim so they'll probably appear in the UK420 shop. Iirc

Hint: click on the tag for Amarillo slim and on his profile screen choose the option to follow him :)

That way you'll see any updates he makes :yep:

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 3

@Gaijin

Thanks, yeah these grew a lot quicker than expected. It’s all in the stretch. Just wish I could of given them the extra week to really fatten up, but all in all, I’m very happy with the results. The limelock yielded very well. Haven’t weighed it yet, so I will update here when I do.

These wont be available through subbies as far as I know buddy. They will appear in the uk420 shop. This was ran as a test for a line Amarillo slim’s working on. As shumroom said, subscribe to slim and keep checking for updates as to when these will be released.

@MindSoup

Thanks buddy. Something I hope we all get to grow out at least once, an absolute beauty of a plant. Even better end product. 

Just putting it out there….I’ve got first dibs on these when there ready. lol 

• Like 2

@Whatwentwrong I honestly think if you top and scrog her at about 6-10 inches in height, flip her, then train her to grow across the screen throughout the stretch , you wouldn’t have the problem with them being to big height wise. I’m itching to run her again. 

Edited by Tegridy Farms
  • Like 1

Just now, Tegridy Farms said:

@Whatwentwrong I honestly think if you top and scrog her at about 6-10 inches in height, flip her, then train her to grow across the screen throughout the stretch , you wouldn’t have the problem with them being to big height wise. I’m itching to run her again. 

mid it a nice smoke. Looked like you have a years worth already though lol 

• Like 2

@Whatwentwrong lovely smoke mate, you wait.

Yeah she definitely yields well, waiting for it all to finish drying still. Another day or two.  

Not sure about a years supply with all the time im having off work atm. lol 

Edited by Tegridy Farms
  • Like 2

The plants have been hanging whole for 13-14 days at 16-18c, 55-65rh and stems are now starting to snap.
Today, I’ve been in the tent, chopping it down into smaller sections and putting into brown paper bags.

Got to one of the limelocks, this one smells different to the others. The others still smell and taste as described in an earlier post, except 1 out of the 3 is more apple than lime. But number 4 is different. She smells gassy and kushy and she tastes of creamy kush. There’s no other way I can describe it. Very identical in looks but the smell and taste are completely different.

atb,

Tegs.

• Like 6