Help with growing in auto pots please

Gooey

I agree that those plants look hungry. I grow in coco and used autopots for a few years. I found them to be a little problematic but usually showed up as cal mag deficiencies and that’s not what you have going on here. Your ec is low for a plant in flower but it’s not massively so. I’d rarely go above 1.3/1.4 at max flower but your plant is screaming for nutrients so you might as well increase it.

It would also be worth doing a flush with a nutrient solution. Measure the ec and ph going in and measure them coming out. That will tell you a lot about what’s going on. Did the medium ever dry out ?

Autopots are great when you have to travel and leave the plants unattended for a few days but they should be combined with regular top feeding to maintain the healthiest possible medium imo. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, The Bishop Basher said:

I agree that those plants look hungry. I grow in coco and used autopots for a few years. I found them to be a little problematic but usually showed up as cal mag deficiencies and that’s not what you have going on here. Your ec is low for a plant in flower but it’s not massively so. I’d rarely go above 1.3/1.4 at max flower but your plant is screaming for nutrients so you might as well increase it.

It would also be worth doing a flush with a nutrient solution. Measure the ec and ph going in and measure them coming out. That will tell you a lot about what’s going on. Did the medium ever dry out ?

Autopots are great when you have to travel and leave the plants unattended for a few days but they should be combined with regular top feeding to maintain the healthiest possible medium imo. 

Many thanks for the info pal , the medium has never dried out but i have never fed them from the top i just leave them to take what they need from the bottom 

and if i do a flush how do i do it in a separate bowl ??

also what nutrients do you use ? if you use canna which ones 

Cheers pal

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gooey said:

Many thanks for the info pal , the medium has never dried out but i have never fed them from the top i just leave them to take what they need from the bottom 

and if i do a flush how do i do it in a separate bowl ??

also what nutrients do you use ? if you use canna which ones 

Cheers pal

If you’re flushing with canna nutrients just make up a normal solution with cal mag and A&B. Keep it light, no more then about 1.2. I usually sit the pot in a bucket or a basin and just pour the nutrient through it. If the Ec is higher when it comes out then you know you’re been over feeding but far more likely for you is that the EC will lower meaning your ladies are hungry. 

I'm a fan of autopots, they make life easy and give you options when leaving the plants for a few days but I’ve always had nutrient deficiencies when using them and since moving to top feeding all of those problems have disappeared. I had ruled out all other potential causes which is why I’d now suggest regular top feeding or “flushing” when using the pots. But as with everything in this game, no 2 setups are the same and ymmv ! 

7 hours ago, The Bishop Basher said:

If you’re flushing with canna nutrients just make up a normal solution with cal mag and A&B. Keep it light, no more then about 1.2. I usually sit the pot in a bucket or a basin and just pour the nutrient through it. If the Ec is higher when it comes out then you know you’re been over feeding but far more likely for you is that the EC will lower meaning your ladies are hungry. 

I'm a fan of autopots, they make life easy and give you options when leaving the plants for a few days but I’ve always had nutrient deficiencies when using them and since moving to top feeding all of those problems have disappeared. I had ruled out all other potential causes which is why I’d now suggest regular top feeding or “flushing” when using the pots. But as with everything in this game, no 2 setups are the same and ymmv ! 

Thanks pal how often is regular top feeding ? once a week once a fortnight?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gooey said:

Thanks pal how often is regular top feeding ? once a week once a fortnight?

I'd top feed in auto pots once a week but that's me.. I ran them for a few years.. just once a week 2l of feed into the top. More so in flower than in veg!  Also I 1/4 filled the bottom of the pot with clay pebbles. Ran a EC of 1.5 in full flower like urs are now! Hope this helps. 

Good luck 

Haze 

15 minutes ago, Haze_smoker said:

I'd top feed in auto pots once a week but that's me.. I ran them for a few years.. just once a week 2l of feed into the top. More so in flower than in veg!  Also I 1/4 filled the bottom of the pot with clay pebbles. Ran a EC of 1.5 in full flower like urs are now! Hope this helps. 

Good luck 

Haze 

Thanks, haze i'm new to this and a friend was helping me he told me ec should be 1 no more than 1.1 just using a+b, but he's got back with his Mrs so he's nowhere to be seen now so now i'm on my own 

so all this info is much appreciated 

I'm going to stick with canna for the nutes for the next grow using a+b, rhizotonic, and pk and maybe boost???

and see how i get on so any more info is appreciated this is a great forum with a lot of helpful people 

1.1ec is lower than I'd use in veg.  It depends on the ppfd your light is throwing down really, but mine would starve on that feed.

Personally I'd learn to grow properly before fucking about with any pk/boost, which loads of us on here have done, tried them and then fucked them off all together. 

They look hungry, I'd whack a 50:50 grow/bloom (same bucket) feed in at 1.4ec minimum.  Test the run off, bet it comes out about .5 under what goes in. 

31 minutes ago, fatboy77 said:

1.1ec is lower than I'd use in veg.  It depends on the ppfd your light is throwing down really, but mine would starve on that feed.

Personally I'd learn to grow properly before fucking about with any pk/boost, which loads of us on here have done, tried them and then fucked them off all together. 

They look hungry, I'd whack a 50:50 grow/bloom (same bucket) feed in at 1.4ec minimum.  Test the run off, bet it comes out about .5 under what goes in. 

Second this.. 

This forum is one of the best IV found people give u there opinion and what's worked for them not what there growshop mate is selling them lol I find 1.4/5 in full flower is about right in Coco. I have taken that to 1.6 with PK going in but only for 2 weeks.

I'm now in dwc and 1.0 is as far as IV gone so far. 

Haze

54 minutes ago, fatboy77 said:

50/50 grow bloom ?? lol sorry guys but im new to it so please could you explain cheers

13 minutes ago, Haze_smoker said:

Second this.. 

This forum is one of the best IV found people give u there opinion and what's worked for them not what there growshop mate is selling them lol I find 1.4/5 in full flower is about right in Coco. I have taken that to 1.6 with PK going in but only for 2 weeks.

I'm now in dwc and 1.0 is as far as IV gone so far. 

Haze

Dwc sorry haze not sure what that is lol 

1 hour ago, fatboy77 said:

50/50 grow bloom ?? lol sorry guys but im new to it so please could you explain cheers

What nutes should i be using pal a+b and rizotonic ???

I'm not sure about canna. I stayed away from the hype and the price tag. I'm a stingy bastard lol I only use base nutes pH down and h202 now but I used to use ionic grow n bloom and PK that was it.. 

It's a 2 part feed isn't it?  that u use all the way thru or do u switch them to a different feed when you put them into flower? If you use the same food all the way thru I'd up the feed to 1.5ec top feed them till you get run off every other day for 3 feeds.. that shud " reset your pots" and give them the extra feed they need.. and have your Coco at the right EC in the pot then up your Res to 1.5ec and carry on like normal. Tag me if u need mate I'm always happy to give advice as far as I know how to advise.. 

I guess rizo is for the roots.. IV never used anything like that so can't advise on that. 

Dwc is "deep water culture" it's the dark art of pure water hydro.. 

@Gooey

@Gooey what's your set up pal? Lights? Wats temps like? Lights off/on? 

Are you useing Cal mag too? What's your starting EC and pH? 

Haze

1 hour ago, Gooey said:

What nutes should i be using pal a+b and rizotonic ???

You need a nitrogen boost, showing on your yellow lower fans.  Never used canna apart from rhizo, good but pricey.  I think you're on vega and flores or something?  Half veg feed to half bloom feed to at least 1.4, and definitely top feed to get those salts out once in a while.