Help with growing in auto pots please

Gooey

Hi i'm just on my first crop and it's not gone well all the leaves turning yellow and drying up and a really bad yeild
i'v tried everything i could try but i still dont know why this has happened the only thing i can think of is they got to hot in the tent
35ish every day because of the weather 

so i'm looking for advice for my next crop please i know alot of people dont like auto pots but i know if you do it right you can get good yeilds
so any advice would be appreciated

Some people don't like autopots because it is a bottom feed system.

I have done many successful grows with them.

You need to provide as much info as possible about your grow, environment, feeding..., a picture helps if you can.

Used AP's once, they were good, just make sure you clean all the valves between grows and ensure the cistern device is fully secured as mine came loose and emptied the whole tank in the bottom of my tent

(i looked and thought they were thirsty at first as the res was empty so filled the res up and then looked again later and it was empty, then I looked inside and had to use a sponge and bucket to empty the 50 litres (luckily there was a water proof sheet in there :) )

personally I prefer run to waste with decent trays and a pump with automated top feeding

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SmokeTester said:

Some people don't like autopots because it is a bottom feed system.

I have done many successful grows with them.

You need to provide as much info as possible about your grow, environment, feeding..., a picture helps if you can.

Ok where do i start
I have 4 plants growing in a small tent in the garage with led's and carbon filter plenty of airflow
but they are suffering 3 lemon skittles and 1 la cush cake the leaves on the lemon skittles are going very light green week by week and the cush cack seemed fine till about two weeks ago then the leaves have started going dry and curling up,
i'm growing in auto pots with coco using canna a+b ec has always been at 1.1 and ph is around 6
they are ready to be cut down 9th aug
the led's are 12" off the top of the plants the temp gets quite high in the day with this heat max 35 and humidity gets up 70 at times but i have a de humidifier in there which helps to get it down

hope thats enough info

I have heard that they can get root rot because the roots are constantly wet but have been told to cut the water off once a week to allow them to dry off a bit ????

also have been told to put a couple of inches of washed clay pebbles at the bottom of the pot before the coco ????

48 minutes ago, Gooey said:

I have heard that they can get root rot because the roots are constantly wet but have been told to cut the water off once a week to allow them to dry off a bit ????

also have been told to put a couple of inches of washed clay pebbles at the bottom of the pot before the coco ????

I have never had root rot. Clay pebbles in the bottom is recommended.

I don't think your problem is autopot related. I am not familiar with canna nutrients but sounds like you plants might be lacking nitrogen.

Some strains will shed foliage towards the end of bloom so may not be a problem anyway, can you get a picture?

12 hours ago, SmokeTester said:

I have never had root rot. Clay pebbles in the bottom is recommended.

I don't think your problem is autopot related. I am not familiar with canna nutrients but sounds like you plants might be lacking nitrogen.

Some strains will shed foliage towards the end of bloom so may not be a problem anyway, can you get a picture?

What nutrients would you recommend

?

Maybe 12 inches is a bit close, I suppose it would depend on the led in question? 

I don't grow in coco but is 1.1ec rather low? 

• Like 1

large.542A812D-8767-48AE-BF66-4436E4120061_1_105_c.jpeglarge.39C10C06-0F8D-455E-828B-F21187F256B0_1_105_c.jpeglarge.01DDDE83-955B-4DC5-A14F-71190EA5A8E5_1_105_c.jpeg

Managed it lol there actually a bit worse than this now any ideas guy why this might be happening could it be due to the heat cause of the weather 

• Like 1

They do just look really hungry, just wondering if they've ever dried out too much? you know like when you go in and their leaves are drooping down, totally flat. I hate letting them get like that, I find they lose a lot of leaf after.

Hopefully some coco growers might come and then they can let you know what ec they run at. I'm pretty sure 1.1 is low.

I doubt it's the heat, I flower in the loft and it's been 32/33c some days, they look fine. :ermm:

• Like 1

Hi Gooey,... that looks to me like poor N uptake,..however i've no experience using Coca growth medium.... My guess is there is a lack of 'soil eco' ... the essential micro ecosystem of bacteria and fungi that MUST be present in all soils essential for releasing nutrient in a form the plants can absorb via their roots.... there are many potential problems that can develop growing plants in anything other than a good quality organic compost.... a quick fix would be a soluble NPK fertilizer you can water in around the base of the plants... Soluble

inorganic fertilizers should remedy the problem after a week but these types of fertilizers leach out of the soil quickly, often washed out during watering.