Where's the Lemon at These Days?

MindSoup

As the title. Where should I be looking for that lemony goodness? I used to love the SLH that used to be around my ways, so kuch flavour and the high was just perfect, but we all know how its gone to shit. So I put it to you guys, where should I be looking for some tasty lemon sativa? I've got a Dinafem Ammo CBD on the go, so that's a start but I want that soaring high to go with if possible. 

• Like 5

@MindSoup

Of the 4 plants I've grown Dinafem White Widow XXL (auto) is the most lemony, a real strong citrus taste.  I swear sometimes I get pineapple as well.  Either way it's a beautiful vape.  It feels more indica-leaning though so might not be what you're after.

Edited by Owderb
Please use the @function
  • Like 1

There was a sour diesel x lemon skunk (lemon tree) around my way that was detergent citric  lemon cleaner. Karma does lemon tree  x rado and have thought about searching through that cross. Barney's and actually green house used to do a top notch lemon skunk,  but with anything they changed the formula and went generically crap.

Edited by Hempire Road

Subcool/TGA - Jack's Cleaner 2

...if you can get hold of any still. All lemony, 1 of 3 had the most intense sharp lemon candy flavour I've ever had (still there after 18 months in the jar), the other two had some woody, spicy, biscuity notes too. Ultra clear high, laser-like focus, done in 9 weeks. 

• Like 4

Just now, SYZYGY said:

Subcool/TGA - Jack's Cleaner 2

...if you can get hold of any still. All lemony, 1 of 3 had the most intense sharp lemon candy flavour I've ever had (still there after 18 months in the jar), the other two had some woody, spicy, biscuity notes too. Ultra clear high, laser-like focus, done in 9 weeks. 

This sounds lovely, I always liked the look of TGAs stuff, but did all outdoor till recently so never really had a chance. I'll have a dig about. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BudJ said:

Of the 4 plants I've grown Dinafem White Widow XXL (auto) is the most lemony, a real strong citrus taste.  I swear sometimes I get pineapple as well.  Either way it's a beautiful vape.  It feels more indica-leaning though so might not be what you're after.

That does sound nice but I don't really do Autos myself. 

2 minutes ago, Hempire Road said:

There was a sour diesel x lemon skunk (lemon tree) around my way that was detergent citric  lemon cleaner. Karma does lemon tree  x rado and have thought about searching through that cross. Barney's and actually green house used to do a top notch lemon skunk,  but with anything they changed the formula and went generically crap.

Yeah pretty sure it was a greenhouse cut that we used to always get, but it turned to hermi ridden shite after a while

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Justanotherdude said:

RGSC does a SLH cross called Lemon Drizzle?

Never spotted that before, will give it a look the Xodus I'm doing at the mo seems pretty legit so hopefully the lemon might follow suite. I have found a few places with JC2 still in stock :yep:

• Like 3

@MindSoup There's a fair bit of variation in the packs, some (the better ones IMO) can really stretch so beware if height's an issue. Yield is moderate at best but if you like the sound of a crystal clear high with no paranoia, done in 9 weeks, it's a good 'un :yep: 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SYZYGY said:

@MindSoup There's a fair bit of variation in the packs, some (the better ones IMO) can really stretch so beware if height's an issue. Yield is moderate at best but if you like the sound of a crystal clear high with no paranoia, done in 9 weeks, it's a good 'un :yep: 

Sweet mate nice to know, variety is the spice of life as they say. I run 12/12 from seed so stretch is all good with me.

• Like 1

Some super lemon haze cuts turned out to be monsters this time last year. Took forever to flower though because they were so huge. 

I ran some dinafem moby dick last year and all 4 plants were absolute lemon monsters, I don’t know if these are still available through resellers though as dinafem are no more obviously, but it was a lovely potent sweet lemony vape that I’d definitely grow again !

• Like 1

Dinafem Gorilla, I've only done the one but it was like fake lemon or like a citrus cleaning product, bloody lovely. Again it's just finding some old stock left. 

• Like 1