New DIY RDWC

Haze_smoker

Right new system built 2 bub rdwc 1000 maxijet doing the returns to the bubs I might upgrade after this run as it doesn't seem enough return. But ful system is 100l so it does recirc 10 times an hour. IV got 2 stones (150lph) in each bub then it's falling back into each bub from 8 holes running down the sides of the tub A. to be more quiet and B. more DO. 

@badbillybob I know you talk about cleaning them b4 each run with bleachy water how much bleach would you put into 100l of water to flush the system thru for 24hrs? 

IV got cuts nearly ready to go in so Wana clean it up b4 I fill them up. 

Also does everything sound about right?

Thanks for your or any1s advice.

Fotos of just b4 it went in tent and got all glued together in final place. large.PXL_20210621_144741252.MP_resize_43.jpglarge.PXL_20210621_144753308.MP_resize_52.jpg

• Like 4

i just squirt some in to be honest, maybe a few second squirt. if its all new and unused i would barely use any, a second long squirt would do it.

Also flush it once youve emptied the bleachy stuff.

it looks like a copy of one of my own first systems, which i smashed a gram per watt out of so it should do you well. 

Nice build, good luck,

my advice, upgrade the spray bar pump to a 3000 litre a minute hx hailea, and use the mjet for the chiller, oh and get a chiller/

• Like 1

9 hours ago, badbillybob said:

i just squirt some in to be honest, maybe a few second squirt. if its all new and unused i would barely use any, a second long squirt would do it.

Also flush it once youve emptied the bleachy stuff.

it looks like a copy of one of my own first systems, which i smashed a gram per watt out of so it should do you well. 

Nice build, good luck,

my advice, upgrade the spray bar pump to a 3000 litre a minute hx hailea, and use the mjet for the chiller, oh and get a chiller/

Hi mate! Yeah it sure is a bit of a copy.. I loved the look of it and how simple it was and everything made sense to me! Had to jack them up a bit to get the returns thru the tent so there sat on a pallet. 

IV got a chiller coming just wanted to flush it all thru n get ready for go time.. I was looking at a DC pump yeah there expensive but it uses like 20w and pumps 3000lph

I just tickled over the gpw on my first run in dwc so hoping I can keep that up tbh. 

Cheers for the advice mate. 

All the best

Haze

• Like 1

dc pumps arent as powerful as they advertise imho. 

but its up to you.

im sure it will run a couple of spray bars

hit me up when you start a diary mate.

1 hour ago, badbillybob said:

dc pumps arent as powerful as they advertise imho. 

but its up to you.

im sure it will run a couple of spray bars

hit me up when you start a diary mate.

Cool that's that sorted then. IL look into a hailea one.. gota get this one done as funds are gone on this build with the chiller fuk there expensive lol hopefully the mj will do the job for this run. 

Haze

• Like 1

Balls. I thort temps were ok till I got home last night and Res temp at 23c chiller is due tmra fingers crossed for postman bringing it tmra and roots only just showing out the net pots! IV put the cfl back in and got some water bottles in the freezer. Am I right in thinking it's best to dump out the Res and change it up for new it's only been going 2 days and put the frozen water bottles in tonight as I won't be able to get the chiller going till I get back from work tmra eve. IL put one in tonight then one in tmra am. Hopefully there be ok as not really got going yet. Any help always appreciated. 

Haze

1 hour ago, Haze_smoker said:

dump out the Res and change it up

No need for that bud, temp issues only begin once the roots are in the nutes.

This is to do with the amount of Dissolved Oxygen in the solution available for the roots.

Two things reduce the DO, nutrients is one and high temps the other.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stu914 said:

No need for that bud, temp issues only begin once the roots are in the nutes.

This is to do with the amount of Dissolved Oxygen in the solution available for the roots.

Two things reduce the DO, nutrients is one and high temps the other.

Aha ok so fingers crossed for the post man tomorrow then.. IV got a 2l ice bottle in there now won't know till the morning if it's helped to drop the temp (120l full system).. I thort I might have been a bit keen on starting it with out a chiller lol .. thank fook IV got one coming not about the frozen bottles to keep temps down..  if only the postman would hurry up! I guess that's what u get when u get "free" delivery lol

Thanks for advice stu

• Like 2

Balls I think I must have f##ked it. Got the chiller finally pluged and and running on Sunday morning. 

Now it's back in the right temp zone the roots are starting to tan and they feel slightly slimy IV dumped the Res out yesterday and filled with new as it had been going almost a week and obvs had the high temps in it. Am I best just starting again or should I shock treatment them with some silver bullet or am I just being paranoid about it!

pH is going nuts had it sat at 5.7 last night then this morning up at 6.5 reset that down to 5.7 again and now back up at 6.1

EC at 0.8.

silver bullet going in at 50ml per 120L 

@stu914 what u reckon mate

Fotos here! large.PXL_20210706_135106095.MP_resize_46.jpglarge.PXL_20210706_135112746.MP_resize_62.jpglarge.PXL_20210706_135121544.MP_resize_76.jpglarge.PXL_20210706_135126988.MP_resize_94.jpglarge.PXL_20210706_135229400.MP_resize_24.jpglarge.PXL_20210706_135233704.MP_resize_56.jpg

Those roots don't look bad but if they're slimy and coming off if you give them a tug then that's the start of rot.

Give them a blast with Neat Oxyplus or any H2O2 you can get, did you disinfect the res before you re-filled?

1 hour ago, stu914 said:

Those roots don't look bad but if they're slimy and coming off if you give them a tug then that's the start of rot.

Give them a blast with Neat Oxyplus or any H2O2 you can get, did you disinfect the res before you re-filled?

Yes it all got bleechy water ran thru for 24hrs then a flush with water then filled up.. I knew I shud have waited till I had the chiller going! Kicking myself now! For the sake of a week too! 

I don't have any oxyplus just silver bullet. 

I do have bleech also lol

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Haze_smoker said:

I don't have any oxyplus just silver bullet. 

Ok, all is not lost, drop the nute level in the res by a few inches. Providing the ends of the roots are reaching the nutes they will be perfectly happy.

Because the roots suspended between pot bottom and nutes they will take on whatever oxygen they need from the air rather than the nute solution.

I don't know anything about silver bullet so can't advise but certainly don't put bleach anywhere near the plants

• Like 1

Thanks @stu914 IL drop some out and I can shock the system with silver bullet so il try that too then go to full strength on the silver bullet and hope. 

IV got a mum on the windowsill so worst comes to it IL take some cuts and bleach the fuk outa everything and start over! 

IV heard that idrolabs are better than silver bullet and stuff like that to keep everything clean n sterile it's just fuk expensive. 

IL see how I get on! Was about to start a diary but I'm not gna start one incase I need to bin it all off lol

• Like 1

Just now, Haze_smoker said:

go to full strength on the silver bullet and hope. 

I always use Oxyplus which usually does the trick...:yep: