2021 season

Cornishforest

Couldn't get much better weather, 25 with slight breeze, if only it could stay like it for next 3 months 

large.IMG_20210720_162027_compress23.jpglarge.IMG_20210720_162217_compress89.jpg

Can really see a difference in the 2 opg, left 1 that snapped has half the amount of leaves but probably 2 weeks ahead of right 1, should be easy to trim, has resin forming along the leaves already. 

large.IMG_20210720_162652_compress80.jpg

Purple freeze finally responding to being tied down, loads of purple preflowers on this 1 and there starting to show on the other 2. 1 of them getting much taller even after being topped, 6ft but gaining an inch every day, no lower growth so looks lollipopped 

large.IMG_20210720_160835_compress44.jpg

Looks like only 1 pink dfg but have 1 that's a 6ft monster and another that smells really strong. large.IMG_20210720_163125_compress91.jpg

2 Green golds probably won't be long till flowering, lots of preflowers but not much smell on either yet. the stem on the short 1 getting more bulbous but no problems so far. Both topped at same time but look completely different now. large.IMG_20210720_161019_compress74.jpglarge.IMG_20210720_161256_compress86.jpg

I can get cuttings to root, but only apple trees and not weed. Just snapped off tree shoved in the mulch layer in shade and week later they have roots.

• Like 5

Had a quick check on the plants, not much to report, hopefully will have a few more starting to flower soon. Gave them all a liquid feed but should get rain tonight too

Pink hairs on the taller green gold were a bit of a surprise. Have 3 strains with pink pistils. 

large.IMG_20210723_121629_compress70.jpgopgs look slightly pink too

large.IMG_20210723_121023_compress88.jpg

large.IMG_20210723_120943_compress82.jpg

Dfg 

large.IMG_20210723_122245_compress85.jpg purple freeze all 3 have purple pistils. 

large.IMG_20210723_122219_compress33.jpg

• Like 4

Better pic of the opg. Going pink on the tops, stinks of lemon. 

large.IMG_20210725_172041_compress93.jpg

I only got a couple of mm of rain on Friday, the big 6ft+ purple freeze had some droopy lower leaves but remember finding the top of a huge boulder underground when planting so less soil around it 

Brought 10L of water down but shared between a few so only 2l each, not much rain forecast so may need a couple more trips. Been adding mulch around the opg and green gold and it's moist underneath so will add a bit more around the others. 

• Like 6

Told you I was in their spot, bullseye on the top cola of an opg. large.IMG_20210727_135315_compress62.jpglarge.IMG_20210727_135426_compress0.jpg

Might go down with a spray bottle to clean it off if we don't have any more rain today. 

Bit worried my purple freeze will get too tall. I topped it and tied tops down but it keeps getting taller and no signs of flower yet. How much do they stretch while in flower? Must be 2m already

• Like 4

Sun came out so popped down with a spray bottle and washed off the bird poo. Was setting hard so thought it best. 

See what i mean about the purple freeze was hoping it would be flowering by now as should be semi auto but looks unlikely to finish till end of October. Put the purple freeze and dfg there because knew they could get big but If the leaves fall off the tree behind then may need to be cut as a field behind. 

large.IMG_20210727_162635_compress82.jpg

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Cornishforest said:

Sun came out so popped down with a spray bottle and washed off the bird poo. Was setting hard so thought it best. 

See what i mean about the purple freeze was hoping it would be flowering by now as should be semi auto but looks unlikely to finish till end of October. Put the purple freeze and dfg there because knew they could get big but If the leaves fall off the tree behind then may need to be cut as a field behind. 

large.IMG_20210727_162635_compress82.jpg

I harvest my purple freeze last year fairy late cant remember exact date might be on my last years grow.

But at a guess it was ready end sept into early October 

My purple freeze was harvested earlier than ideal, like 90% of my guerilla grown plants to be honest; they could happily have carried on until the end of October if the weather allowed it. I don't inspect trichs but I'm 99% sure they wouldn't have been all cloudy/amber on my Purple Freeze last year when chopped. And those plants were harvested in the first or second week of October. Also, they ended up very large, one was over 3m tall. Crazy dense arms of bud though, lovely plant, just a shame it didn't show great mould resistance and flowers late. 

large.IMG_0278JPG.jpg

The only strain I've ever finished properly that had a nice heavy body feel stone is Red Purps, and she harvests like that late September here at lat 51. It's an amazingly mould resistant strain in my experience too, in that mould doesn't consume her because of the open bud structure; I would recommend it to any GG'er. 

• Like 4

Might try autos next year, short and early finishing will suit me better. Saying that the opg that the top snapped is short and should be done by mid September. 

I have super cropped the 4 tallest branches on the purple freeze so reduced height by about 1ft. Don't know if the stress will help trigger flowering, the opg seemed to start when it got snapped and a green gold turned auto under lights when I topped it, it didn't stretch at all. 

On 27/07/2021 at 6:46 PM, B-real said:

I harvest my purple freeze last year fairy late cant remember exact date might be on my last years grow.

But at a guess it was ready end sept into early October 

Looks like it flowers very late. You posted on 2nd September last year saying it wasn't in flower yet. Also said you only got 10g because it was starting to mould.

Im not sure why it's described as semi auto if its a 3m tall plant thats not finished till November. 

21 minutes ago, Cornishforest said:

Looks like it flowers very late. You posted on 2nd September last year saying it wasn't in flower yet. Also said you only got 10g because it was starting to mould.

Im not sure why it's described as semi auto if its a 3m tall plant thats not finished till November. 

Yh its late i remember but its prolly semi as its got it in its lineage and without a semi or auto in its dna then fuck me it woukd be later again end nov.

Maybey diffrent pheno and theres one that flowers quicker.

Also the spot i used last year i did no prep and the ground was terrible the roots didnt have any space to reach out and the plants were only about a oz on each .

Just roll with it mate , u might just find alls well that ends well.

Inabizzle.

17 hours ago, B-real said:

Yh its late i remember but its prolly semi as its got it in its lineage and without a semi or auto in its dna then fuck me it woukd be later again end nov.

Maybey diffrent pheno and theres one that flowers quicker.

Also the spot i used last year i did no prep and the ground was terrible the roots didnt have any space to reach out and the plants were only about a oz on each .

Just roll with it mate , u might just find alls well that ends well.

Inabizzle.

Not much I can do now other than wait. My opg and green golds are looking like they will be in flower dreckly. I did bend the tops down so hopefully stays below 2m. Looks like the full auto purple freeze might be better for my plot. 

Got a storm hitting south west overnight 50mph wind and rain so am going to pop down to add some more stakes. Hope yours survive ok. 

Purple freeze, think 1 is starting 

large.IMG_20210804_135013_compress15.jpglarge.IMG_20210804_135126_compress42.jpglarge.IMG_20210804_135115_compress92.jpg

Short green gold

large.IMG_20210804_135401_compress36.jpg

Opg looks great 

large.IMG_20210804_135651_compress31.jpglarge.IMG_20210804_135700_compress55.jpg

Still got all 3 dfg a purple freeze and 1 green gold to start but hopefully will in next week. 

• Like 7

Could really do with a dry spell here, finding a fair bit of mould on the green gold already, and it's only just started budding. Still have 5 not in flower yet. Found 1 spot on the opg but hopefully it doesn't spread. 

Been having some sunny spells but windy and rain every day so there all looking a bit battered.

Not much to show but will grab some pics next visit.

• Like 1

Looking at the long range forecast it's gonna be reasonably grim down ere in the westcountry until at least next Tuesday , great for some things but less so for the gg'er unfortunately.

:yinyang:

Edited by BilgePump
Typo

6 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

Looking at the long range forecast it's gonna be reasonably grim down ere in the westcountry until at least next Tuesday , great for some things but less so for the gg'er unfortunately.

:yinyang:

"HELL UP"