LOFTHATCH 2021

lofthatchfarms

30 minutes ago, Revive said:

Man that electric plot @lofthatchfarms  a real gorillas dream that is sunshine.. great lil find that is  its got so much potential.. gonna enjoy this :yep: 

yeah ill get round it somehow dude, where there's a will and all that.. just got to source this auger bit fuking sold out everywhere.. must be a useful tool as every fuker has 1 bar me lollol

large.028C5403-D55A-4FED-8A8D-F0B1020BD5E6.jpeg
yeah mate I don’t think it misses an hour of sun haha but look at this for a plot it’s a massive open space in a deep woodland on the side of the river :skull:  dug a hole when I scouted it and the soil is nice soft and loamy with tons of worms and there is no chance anyone is wondering anywhere near this place I got lost multiple times trying to find my way out, I’m going to use this place next year after getting some experience in this year :bong: I’d though about buying a auger but haven’t needed one as of yet I’m sure there a good investment mate  

Edited by lofthatchfarms
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, lofthatchfarms said:

large.028C5403-D55A-4FED-8A8D-F0B1020BD5E6.jpeg
yeah mate I don’t think it misses an hour of sun haha but look at this for a plot it’s a massive open space in a deep woodland on the side of the river :skull:  dug a hole when I scouted it and the soil is nice soft and loamy with tons of worms and there is no chance anyone is wondering anywhere near this place I got lost multiple times trying to find my way out, I’m going to use this place next year after getting some experience in this year :bong: I’d though about buying a auger but haven’t needed one as of yet I’m sure there a good investment mate  

Dude where im from there just isn't places like this..im glad in 1 way as id prob have far to many plants in the ground to what id be able to handle.. its already getting a bit like that as it is.. tge ground sounds amazing too.. yeah what I want that auger for is not to dig my holes but to create some small tunnels  in the side wall of my main hole bout 6 inches from the bottom.. this way if my hole fills the water can escape into the tunnels and hopefully have more time to drain away.. if I cut them facing down at  45 degrees when they fill up the water won't be able to pour back into my hole, plug auger holes with a ball of chicken wire before I fill my main hole and I should have some nice lil voids that could potentially hold a lot of water.. may help in reverse too if there is a drought as there will be pockets of water at the bottom section of my hole..I really think this could work and if it does it will be useful to a lot of us growing in this sort of ground.. is all about experimenting for me cause as I say plots are few and far between so I need to find ways to make them work..

• Like 1

Just now, Revive said:

Dude where im from there just isn't places like this..im glad in 1 way as id prob have far to many plants in the ground to what id be able to handle.. its already getting a bit like that as it is.. tge ground sounds amazing too.. yeah what I want that auger for is not to dig my holes but to create some small tunnels  in the side wall of my main hole bout 6 inches from the bottom.. this way if my hole fills the water can escape into the tunnels and hopefully have more time to drain away.. if I cut them facing down at  45 degrees when they fill up the water won't be able to pour back into my hole, plug auger holes with a ball of chicken wire before I fill my main hole and I should have some nice lil voids that could potentially hold a lot of water.. may help in reverse too if there is a drought as there will be pockets of water at the bottom section of my hole..I really think this could work and if it does it will be useful to a lot of us growing in this sort of ground.. is all about experimenting for me cause as I say plots are few and far between so I need to find ways to make them work..

I think the idea you have is a cracker mate I can’t imagine that’s not going to work for you :yep:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lofthatchfarms said:

I think the idea you have is a cracker mate I can’t imagine that’s not going to work for you :yep:

Well we will soon find out mush lol

Just gonna order it online now.. fuk for 25 squid its gotta be worth a bash.. still got to dig some holes for my autos and cause this place is a bit cheeky 30 odd feet from some folks back gardens I cant make much noise.. using a mattock and hitting rocks is deffo a no no so maybe I use this to create 3 holes close together then break them into 1 to plant in.. nice and silent and gets the job done. 

Edited by Revive
  • Like 1

What a great looking spot the electric plot is @lofthatchfarms Good photo of the deer too, usually one look and they're gone. Looks like a Roe deer buck - aka roebuck. Excellently dealt with the 'trespasser' too lol

large.roebuck.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update fellow gorillas, due to the babies not having the best start in life and having a couple of issues with the light falling on them :wallbash: I decided today was the day to start getting them in there final homes, there not nowhere near as big I would like but hey ho I thought I would crack on anyway as it seems to be a gamble at the best of time, so I grabbed my bike my bag for life and some plants and headed down to the electric plot, to my pleasant surprise the vegetation has done bits for my already secure spot so I mooched through the jungle to my plot potted up fairly quickly and fucked off haha, now I guess it’s in the hands of nature and hopefully the deers leave my plants alone, no pictures as my phone was dead so I’ll get some when I go back and check there health :bong: not even sure what I put out haha forgot already but I’ll let you all know in the next update people 

• Like 3

large.EA71B3C2-5715-44E2-B480-19F4B73092D1.jpegthe second hand plot will have the remaining Plants I think there is 1 DFG 2 easy sats 3 gorilla dawg and a 2 freeze brains :skull: gunna get them all down there tomorrow so I’ll take some pics and have a decent update 

Edited by lofthatchfarms
  • Like 5

large.54A49F1E-C9C9-4F0E-8806-7E75AFD73127.jpegthe difference in growth since the last time a came is mad haha looks like a different place large.6219F99B-96EA-443E-BF0E-F8458BF87858.jpegneed to go do some work and extend this plot to put the 3 gorilla dawgs in and that’s it :skull: look how banging the soil is here and I’ve brought no compost!!

• Like 7

Mate if that site is secure u need to get on the spade and plant shit loads that looks like the perfect plot.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, murphyblue said:

Mate if that site is secure u need to get on the spade and plant shit loads that looks like the perfect plot.

I planned on opening it up mate but life has other plans haha I thought it was a good idea to take my presa Canario bitch on her first bike ride after a couple of vodkas the other night and ended up on getting pulled of my bike :wallbash:injuring my wrist that’s only just recovered from being broken so I’m doing fuck all work now mate I’m in recovery :skin_up:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Okay people the quick update, I thought with all this weather I’d run down to the second hand plot and see if they need watering and when I got there realised they needed a little more then water haha they all look fucked god knows if they will bounce back or not only time will tell, I gave them all a rinse of water with a top dressing of fbb so hopefully that gives them a boost!! so if you Read the posts above you can see I said I wasn’t going to do anymore work at the second hand plot but having got there yesterday to some unhealthy looking plants and an overgrown plot I had to put an couple of hours work in to maintain the place and while I was there thought I might aswell open it up for a couple more plants just to increase my chances :yep: I’ll upload pictures soon peace out people 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

large.49C8E913-403A-4C73-9F05-171295AFBE9F.jpeglarge.91B49791-AD86-4D6B-BC5B-3C9CEA405288.jpeglarge.8281E39D-25B5-4BD2-8221-D3512A621587.jpeglarge.DCF59F10-940D-4FB6-AA01-CD500FEB1B5A.jpegsome pictures from last weeks visit to the second hand plot, the first picture is the only plant out of 6 that survived a good looking easy sat and the rest looked like the next picture haha took some plants with me anyway because I’d just extended the space So I popped two gorrilla dawgs and two brainfreeze so hopefully they will be alright :skin_up:and as I stated on the other diary post the electric plot is pretty much a no go at this point with there being a K-9 unit From some sort of security firm right at my entrance :thumbdown: I could sneak in another way but Having a security dog myself I didn’t fancy being in the other end haha I will go back in a week and see if it’s still there hopefully him and his dog have fucked off

Edited by lofthatchfarms
  • Like 6

Not a update just a rant haha My fucking push bike has been nicked so I’m going to have to walk up to the the plots now :wallbash:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lofthatchfarms said:

Not a update just a rant haha My fucking push bike has been nicked so I’m going to have to walk up to the the plots now :wallbash:

Check your local buy and sell sites might come across it .

34 minutes ago, B-real said:

Check your local buy and sell sites might come across it .

good shout mate but i doubt it will be sold on as its older then me haha ill see some crackhead on it at some point probably and ill be taking it back 

• Like 2