This Years Offerings.

OldFord

On 03/09/2021 at 8:48 AM, growinggold said:

I wish bods like you ford did open garden tours. 

:yep:  Doors always open , kettles on ,  beers in the fridge and sample jars are always open ..... just help yourself :) 

• Like 2

A few pics of some of the ladies ,  i took these when i got home so the girls need a feed & they need tidying up.   

RP Purple Wreck  -  Not very purple and the darkest of the 3 i have out, the others are like a neon green :)   

large_002.JPGlarge_003.JPGlarge_004.JPGlarge_005.JPGlarge_054.JPGlarge_053.JPG

TH  Strawberry Glue  -  Compared to last year its a month behind.    Needs thinning out a bit.   The smallest of 3

large_059.JPGlarge_060.JPGlarge_060.JPGlarge_061.JPGlarge_062.JPGlarge_063.JPG

Barneys  Cookies  Kush -     the smallest & lightest of 3 -  one of the loudest smelling flavours i have.  

The small ones are clones ....kindly donated by the slugs :) 

large_009.JPGlarge_010.JPGlarge_011.JPGlarge_029.JPGlarge_030.JPGlarge_031.JPG

TH  OGC -   The smallest and palest of 3.   Smells strange but changing.   Got a long way to go ... and this is the farthest on of the 3 !   

large_007.JPGlarge_008.JPGlarge_024.JPG

TH  French Macaron  -  Almost identical to the OGC ??    All 3 look like the 3 OGC/s .... if it wasnt for the tags i would say its 6 of the same strain ... hope they taste  & have diff effects !  They even smell very similar , leaf & plant structure very alike.   I know theres no mistake on identifying them at my end as i used all the beans from the 2 packs.   Time will tell.  

large_025.JPGlarge_051.JPGlarge_052.JPG

Humboldt  Blue Dream   -   Only have 2 left as one got eaten.    Got a few small clones too.    Still a long way to go,  smells nice.  

large_026.JPGlarge_056.JPGlarge_057.JPG

Seeing as these are the farthest on in this years run its going to be a late chop for me :)     

I have so many other pics .... will get some more up laters guys & girls.    

• Like 17

A few pics of how we are looking today :yep:        

Blue Dream  - not blue but been a dream to grow.   Still a long way to go but seems healthy.   smallest of 3.

large_040.JPG

Cookies Kush -  Smallest of 3 ,  smells very nice but very loud !     Again still a long way to go but seems happy enough.    Furthest behind of the 3. 

large_042.JPGlarge_043.JPGlarge_044.JPGlarge_046.JPG

Purple Wreck -   Not Purple , not even the stems.   smells very berry.   Getting there and a long way to go.    smallest of 3 but stinkiest of them.   

large_047.JPGlarge_051.JPGlarge_050.JPGlarge_049.JPGlarge_052.JPGlarge_053.JPGlarge_054.JPG

3 of the testers in the top of the garden -  seem to be enjoying the windy spot.  Trying this spot out as its open & the test area for next years big light dep frame.  

From left to right   -   Ocean Grown Cookies ,   French Maxaron ,  Blue Dream CBD. 

large_041.JPG

These are random cuttings the slugs kindly made for me ..... even the stems got potted and to my shock they have taken but the stems now seem to be hungry and im putting that down to the length of time its taken them to root.  Yes i stuck the stems in soil :)   Shocked they took !!   Told you ... i wont kull any plant no matter how ugly :)   

I can only identify 2 lots -  The Cookies Kush & Western Winds ,  the kush by the dark dark green big ass fans  & the winds due to the stench she puts out !!  

I believe the ones looking like nitrogen starved are Purple Wreck due to neon colouration.   

large_030.JPGlarge_031.JPGlarge_032.JPGlarge_033.JPGlarge_034.JPGlarge_035.JPGlarge_036.JPGlarge_037.JPG

Strawberry Glue -  This is the only one i can get to due to a vehicle im storing sitting in front of them.    Looking healthy and a long way off .... yet last year they were done & in the jar at this time.  The joys of momma nature, the weather and running outdoor ladies :)     

large_056.JPG

Still got so many pics to sort out & upload , will try do some more tomoz.    

Have a great weekend guys & girls :yep:     Hope the weathers not being too unkind to your ladies under the sun.  :)   

• Like 19

A few pics from today's check up.     Got so many pics to sort out & up;load but working all weekend on old metal :)    

I took most of the Sweets ladies down today with only the Sweets Wild Rose left and im confident on them being down next weekend, 1 tiny % of amber and i want a tad more , noy a single blemish or trace of mold on them so im very happy.

The Cream Caramel's ,  S.A.D's and Mohan Ram's came down today with a perfect clean bill of health and not a single bud lost to mold :yep:  ,  i have no idea how or why but over the last few years i have lost a handful of bus to mold from all the Sweets strains i have run.   Only the Black Cream has been an issue due to being so sweet & sticky it attracts all manner of critters for miles !  3 runs of 3 plants over 3 years and not a single bud samples or harvested due to them being covered in bugs.   It will be my first real indoor grow just to sample it :) 

Anyway heres a few pics of how we look today .... if you could smell what im smelling just wandering around the top end of the garden !   

Purple Wreck -  not purple but getting there slowly , the most developed from all the girls.   

large_017.JPGlarge_018.JPGlarge_019.JPGlarge_020.JPGlarge_049.JPGlarge_050.JPGlarge_051.JPGlarge_052.JPGlarge_047.JPGlarge_053.JPG

Strawberry Glue  -  Big, bushy , dark and oily with a wonderful deep dark fruit almost jam like smell when handled.   So looking forward to having a jar of this again.   

large_062.JPGlarge_056.JPG

Cookies Kush  -  Starting to smell a bit fuel / gassy ,  still a long way off.  Seems to be happy and clear of rot & mold.  time will tell.  

large_060.JPGlarge_058.JPGlarge_061.JPGlarge_041.JPG

some random cuttings taken by the slime brigade -  some early signs of flowering , some not , highly doubt any will make it.   The dark green Western Winds cuttings stink to high heavens !!!

large_064.JPGlarge_065.JPGlarge_066.JPGlarge_067.JPGlarge_071.JPGlarge_070.JPGlarge_069.JPGlarge_068.JPG

Even the old Tree Fern is trying to throw new fronds !!  Madness as there is no way it will develop , been a mad year, earlier in the season i was approc 3 wks ahead and as the months have passed its gotten farther behind and i now seem to be around 3 to 4 wks behind.   Go figure :) 

large_042.JPG

Thats all for now folks :)     Will try get more & some sweets pics up tomoz.   

• Like 11

I have just had a closer look at the rest of the ladies and no signs of mold or rot but still got miles to go. 

The - 

OGC girls are starting to beef up , smelling of not a lot.   Still stretching and the tallest of the lot.

French Macaron girls are stretching, no colouration yet , slight odour and still got a long way to go. 

Blue Dream ladies are starting to show a very slight blue hue, smell very nice, getting bushier by the week and stretching big time. 

The Wild Rose ladies i will need to tie up / support the branches tomoz as shes fattening up very nicely and they are drooping.  The smell is divine and a few jars of this in the cupboard will be a very welcome addition as the previous jars have taken a kicking :)     Very unique taste , up up high and very long duration.   Very nice.   

Going to sample the subbies SHD x BBG from Brock1 tonight as its now been in the jars for a few months,  if its anything like last years i will be very happy, its the go to jar with friends. The taste is awesome and a very social happy high that just keeps coming.   

• Like 7

After a few busy days of caressing & fondling some old metal i finally managed a good look at the ladies and im happy :) 

I have the Cookies Kush taking on some beautiful purple shading ,  the Blue Dream is going various shades of blue and looks awesome. 

The OG Cookies & French Macaron are both fattening up , stretch seems to have stopped and both fattening up. 

The Strawberry Glue is on form and delighted with it, maybe a heavier prune was needed earlier in the season as it poss too bushy and may restrict airflow,  the smells coming from them is delightful.  

The Wild Rose is def coming down on sunday.   

The slug donated cuttings are well into flower and look patchy but still going , the Western Winds ones are stinking the yard out but seem very healthy and again well into flower,  i will see almost nothing from any of the cuttings but i refuse to cull any plant ....even the ugly ass mutants :) 

Still zero rot & mold but theres still lots of time to run.... fingers crossed.   Im putting this down to the Intense Nutrients PK Phite but cant back this up technically as still learning with these nutes.  

Will do pics sunday when times on my side.    God luck & all the best to the outdoor growers , not too long to go !   :yep:

• Like 3

A quick update on some of the girls progress whilst im getting ready to feed them.   Most seem happy & healthy enough for me not to be worried for ...now :)   

Strawberry Glues -  dark & oily with a deep sweet jam like fruity odour when rubbed up :)      Bushy and should have been thinned earlier , they all  seem happy enough for now and im not worried about her progress.  Keeps plodding on.   .   A Barneys Cookies Kush in background.

large_025.JPGlarge_026.JPGlarge_027.JPGlarge_028.JPG

Cookies Kush -  Still impressed and holding  their own  against the elements :yep: ... for now anyway lol    ,  they all seem happy enough , quite earthy & pungent.  Oily and sticky ,  smell nice.   Filling out by the day but still a long way to go and we shall see how Narneys do in the outdoors ???   Seem to be taking the weather ok  and dont seem to ne struggling.

large_030.JPGlarge_031.JPGlarge_032.JPGlarge_033.JPG

Purple Wrecks -   Seem to be taking on some colour and progressing very nicely ,  slowly filling out with healthy progress.  The natural &&&&&& pain in the ass  ultra light neon green shadings on them always make them look hungry ... not the easiest to grow ,  all 3 of them have been pretty fussy but im hoping they reward me :) 

large_013.JPGlarge_014.JPGlarge_015.JPGlarge_016.JPGlarge_043.JPGlarge_045.JPG

OG Kush  -  Again all seem happy & healthy enough for me not to be stressed for now,  pics before a tidy up and feed.   Hungry here and will mention why in a bit further down the page :yep:

She smells quite a bit, pungent gassy with a sweet edge ,  quite sticky and oily ,  hungry but happy.    Starting to take on some nice purple / blue / black hues.  

large_017.JPGlarge_018.JPGlarge_019.JPGlarge_020.JPG

Blue Dreams -    All of them are thriving , seem to be happy and liking the outdoors so far,   smells very nice and fattening nicely ,  blue shading coming through but hard to see on pics.  Very healthy and looking happy.   large_021.JPGlarge_022.JPGlarge_023.JPG

Left to right  -  OG KuSH  ,  French Macaron ,  Blue Dream.   large_024.JPG

A couple of little ones from the slugs ,  just cant get them to look really healthy , been a fight ,  they do seem to be pushing on though and there looks to be a tiny bounty from each :)  

Just leave them to it and see what transpires 

large_034.JPGlarge_035.JPGlarge_039.JPG

Feeding -  I am using Intense Nutrients for the 1st time with great results ,  hunger seems easily rectified and i seem to be able to keep them relatively happy for most of the time,  i kind of gave myself a headache this year as i am trying to get to grips with new strains , new nute feed and then on top  i add down sizing the pot size this year to see how my regulars would be effected.  I went from 20ltr pots to 7.5 ltr pots , plants seem plenty big enough and healthy enough with potential for a decent end result but FK me i dont half need to water more often as the little pots dry out soooo fast its unreal.   Other than that i notice no big diff in size.   

Bass Cat in one of his unusual moments of huge effort ... playing in the cat mint :)   Rips it up & rubs up on it , rolls , in it , chews it and runs about like a nutter before curling back up in the bass bins :)   large_010.JPG

Still got roses going but they seem to be getting battered by the weather also ,  smell so sweet !   Love the smell of a nice rose.  

large_012.JPGlarge_003.JPG

• Like 14

The reason for the small pot trials this year is to enable me to do the light dep run next year and those are the pot sizes i wanted to use. 

Certainly looks to be no drama with using the smaller pots . so i can get the amount of pots i want within a set dimension.  

• Like 4

@OldFord dude I can't believe I have only just found this diary.. hats off to you squire..  splendid stuff indeed.. just had a nice lil read and some lovely shows from your pics.. really healthy looking garden.. and what a garden it is, i wish I had a garden that I could grow in, I love being around my plants so to be so close would be great..you can give them all the love they need then.. but fuk me bro your back yard must half pong lol how do you get away with that man? Well keep up the good work ma man ill look forward for what is to come :yep:

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Revive said:

@OldFord dude I can't believe I have only just found this diary.. hats off to you squire..  splendid stuff indeed.. just had a nice lil read and some lovely shows from your pics.. really healthy looking garden.. and what a garden it is, i wish I had a garden that I could grow in, I love being around my plants so to be so close would be great..you can give them all the love they need then.. but fuk me bro your back yard must half pong lol how do you get away with that man? Well keep up the good work ma man ill look forward for what is to come :yep:

Thanks @Revive  its the grow it in plain sight method lol   it really works,  joking aside, it actually works !   The amount of bodies that come through the yard  and dont notice them.

I am located far away away from others with nobody directly on top of us,  the yard is huge mate.   Other than the odour from the girls offending local residents, an d i do care, apart from that i couldnt give a flying fuck :)    I'm a little old pensioner, being a good citizen and assisting with the county lines plight by growing my own & not procuring from the street,  i dont sell anything i grow and most is converted to medicine ... so bollocks to them :yep: 

The smell believe it or not aint bad,  unless up close & handling the girls the smell isnt really noticeable , height of summer with all the Western Winds , all the fems and autos it was LOUD !!!  But now is hardly audible :)        A good few hundred scented roses & lilies help combat any unwanted odours and i can confirm that on a summers night you can bask in the aroma of a good few hundred scented lilies inside the local residents manors !   Over for a bbq one night and you can smell the lilies perfume as plain as day in their front rooms :) 

Edited by OldFord
Spelling :)
  • Like 9

Sounds a dream your patch buddy. It really does. Top work again mate. Soon as I can get out of town this will be my way. 

Edited by growinggold
  • Like 4

Out early this morning to shake the excess water off the girls as its been very misty today,  the blue on the Blue Dreams is shining through very nicely :yep:   

large_001.JPGlarge_002.JPGlarge_004.JPG

Hard to see from the pics but its a vivid neon blue shade and becoming very pretty :)     Not pretty enough to avoid getting the chop though :) 

• Like 10