This Years Offerings.

OldFord

I found this in Mrs Old Fords little heated greenhouse she keeps for her cacti & succulents !    She came across the pot on a frame and dumped it in there for safe keeping,  now to see if i can keep them going,  have given them a feed and a tidy since the pics and have them under a full spectrum led.   Fingers crossed :yep:

They were bits that the slime brigade had removed and i was dumping them into pots to see what would transpire,  it would appear the smaller of the 2 is clearly Western Winds by the colours & pungent aromas , the other could be any one of the strains i ran this year.  

large_001.JPGlarge_002.JPGlarge_004.JPGlarge_005.JPG

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Friday was a day for celebrating as i did the last job of the year :)    I am now done with getting my hands dirty on old metal for this year and can now chill with the good lady :yep:

This means i can now have a good sampling session of the jars from this years runs ,  from some MWF to the French Macaron .... so looking forward to working my way through them and revisiting some old jars from previous years.   

Im a lightweight , have little to no tolerance as i only use once or twice a month so a small session ruins me lol     

I will get some pics of the jars contents and thoughts on it over the next week .   

Last night i had a play with some of the Barneys Cookies Kush and it was heavy !    Quite earthy with a sweetness in the mouth on inhale ,  it came in hard and fast,  good duration and a nice balanced head & body effect.  I could still focus to a certain extent but not the heavy hitter i was anticipating however it was very nice. 

Tonight will be the Dinafem OGC's turn :yep:     Very much looking forward to trying the TH French Macaron as the jar smells outstanding ! 

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

I had my 1st little play with some 4 month cured Dinafem Ocean Grown Cookies and its out standing in potency /  effect  duration ... it was an assault on the senses :) 

2 smokes for a lightweight like me and i was smashed lol     I did find it lacking in flavour compared to the French Macaron which the flavour profile i find is unreal.  

Slowly working my way through l\st years outdoor runs , still got quite a few to try after they have had a good few months strict jarring regime.   

The Blue Dream & Purple Wrecks smells immense but the Strawberry Glue jar is pure Hartleys strawberry jam :) and the taste aint far off it either.  

• Like 5

I do like how you take your time old boy.  The way you grow and cure is great is steady away. One day I will able to grow under mother natures own..

Good luck next year. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, growinggold said:

I do like how you take your time old boy.  The way you grow and cure is great is steady away. One day I will able to grow under mother natures own..

Good luck next year. 

When you test your patience growing under gods big grow lamp in the sky , fight mother nature , struggle with the assaults of the critters ... the least i can do is give my rewards a real cure :yep:     I use so little end product with me only smoking once or twice a month that i may as well have the best products i can produce :)    

The challenge & reward of the grow far outweigh the enjoyment of the end product for me , strange as it may seem.   I just enjoy the challenge of trying to get the ladies home safe against what mother nature and lady luck throw at you during the outdoor grow season.    

I have full & part jars from numerous previous years grows, i have a fair bit converted to medicine , i give a good bit away ....as sharing's caring :) 

My go to jars are always always ... a subbies offering from Brock1 , his SHD x BBG is my fav of everything i have ever grown ,  the flavour/ taste / smell / effect / duration are all on point , its just everything i want in a smoke.  Others would find it weak or not to their taste or standards but we are all unique.  :yep:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, OldFord said:

When you test your patience growing under gods big grow lamp in the sky , fight mother nature , struggle with the assaults of the critters ... the least i can do is give my rewards a real cure :yep:     I use so little end product with me only smoking once or twice a month that i may as well have the best products i can produce :)    

The challenge & reward of the grow far outweigh the enjoyment of the end product for me , strange as it may seem.   I just enjoy the challenge of trying to get the ladies home safe against what mother nature and lady luck throw at you during the outdoor grow season.    

I have full & part jars from numerous previous years grows, i have a fair bit converted to medicine , i give a good bit away ....as sharing's caring :) 

My go to jars are always always ... a subbies offering from Brock1 , his SHD x BBG is my fav of everything i have ever grown ,  the flavour/ taste / smell / effect / duration are all on point , its just everything i want in a smoke.  Others would find it weak or not to their taste or standards but we are all unique.  :yep:

Glad to hear your enjoying your rewards squire.

Nice to have some variety for those kid in a candy store moment's..

Won't be long before we are all fukung about in the mud again..

How you converting into meds mate? Oil?

I've got a bit to much product so gonna make some myself just cant decide what way to go with it yet..

Be lucky dude :yep:

• Like 1

@Revive  Cheers mate.  I am most def enjoying the rewards of last year :)     Yeah my mate makes oils for myself & others :yep:    I keep a jars worth of each girl , spread the love and oils. 

Kid in a candy shop for sure mate ,    i smoke so little nowadays  ,  meaning  a little lasts a long time  ,   im an old git now & i enjoy a smoke to unwind the mind & ease the body.         I dont smoke & work ,   so its especially nice after spending weeks & weeks  rolling  about the concrete floor restoring someones cherished old metal ,  the body aches as its old & worn  ,  the minds just mush with having just spent countless  hours being anally attentive to detail ,  i just want to relax & unwind with a good bit of music , food , good company :yep:    Long gone are my  stoner times      

I am getting excited again about getting back outdoors .... so much so ... i have been out in the garden today tidying up , moving bits ,  got all my pots together , im 100% sticking with the smaller pot option this season as it worked well for me last year.

Im very happy with the bean choices i decided upon for this years fun in the sun lol     

Good luck & all the best to all the outdoor boys & girls !  .   

Edited by OldFord
Spelling ...as usual
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, OldFord said:

Im very happy with the bean choices i decided upon for this years fun in the sun lol     

Hey dude, sorry just caught that message as I was going out the door earlier.. man it sounds like your consumption does not scratch the surface of your production.. I wish I was like that sometimes, I mean its rare to see me when i havent got a banger on my lip if think I can get away with it lol .. should really stop smoking at work though but being as its my company there ain't much to stop me jumping in the van for a quick 1skin ;) I'm basically at it constantly my head tells me I don't like roll ups anymore so I better put some weed in it..

So tell me squire what you planning on growing out this season? any re runs from last season?

I've been to the plot to do the same and tidy up the post harvest carnage left behind.. gonna go a lil smaller this year, well this is what I'm telling myself lol

I'll look forward to seeing your ideas for this season to come.

Be lucky @OldFord

• Like 1

This season i will be trying a my 1st go at -

Sagamartha -  Mantanuska Tundra & Mangolian Indica from my mate  -  1 st time for me outdoors.  If anything like indoors i will be delighted.

SeedStockers -  Blackberry Gum ,  Gelato 41 , Wedding Glue.  All new to me and very kindly offered by Mark in exchange for diary.  

Normal Favs  - 

Sweets S.A.D.  ,  Cream Caramel ,  Wild Rose , Ice Cool , Green Poison          My All time fav Auto    Sweets Cream Mandarine.

Repeats from last season.   

RGSC Auto Gelato is one of the most flavoursome mouthwatering smokes i have had the pleasure of.  

Subbies -  SHD x BBG 

Barneys  Cookies Kush ..... i have only had a brief play and its got a delicious sweet creamy flavour , its a long hitter ,  it hammered me lol    

TH Strawberry Glue  -   simple ..  its very nice and i love it.   Rock solid outdoors.  

Dinafem  Ocean Grown Cookies  -  its one of the most hard hitting smokes i have sampled ,  badly lacking in taste / flavour but the brief sample was devastating for me ,  i reckon i could do better with her in the light dep set up as she needed a few more weeks i couldnt give her  and she would have been a brutal assault on the senses :)   For me anyway.   

Alfemco -  MWF    I have had 2 smokes of it and when chopping it had a spicy note with sweet under tomes .... now its had a strict 4 month burp & cure its sweet and almost a red wine note underneath the sweetness ,   last years got munched and i didnt get to do it justice so i m having a go again :yep:  I owe it to Amarillo Slim as thanks for beans.  

Sagarmathas -  Western Winds   In liight dep again as its f"""ing class  & was a delight to grow.     Taste / flavour , effect and long duration... its got it all for me.    Heavy. 

I have some C99 fems , a few hazes in light dep i fancy using up ,  a few other single freebie & pic ' n ' mix beans  i fancy trying.    Prob forgot some too.  

Just a complete mixture of bits i enjoy , bits im confident  will make it home lol     Bits i simply fancied trying my hand at as i like a challenge.   

All will be documented on here 

• Like 7

Wow you certainly got your hands full there my brother.. this whole light dep thing is really interesting and a great way to get those long flowering strains to finish here in the UK..  it's a shame it's only really suited to garden growers..

The seedstockes beans are they for the comp mark spoke of or just a diary dude? I saw he spoke of a comp but haven't read much else about it.

Yeah the MWF is a really impressive vat lovely smoke with many diff phenos it would seem.. it's just the lil auto phenos that lets it down but I only had 1.. got 2 beans left for this year so hope I don't end up with another :v:

Gonna run some RGSC auto gelato too as I've read good things here and there.

Gonna try scale down this season, I've already got boxes of jars down the lockup so unless I find a way to get through that lot it won't be needed, however I don't want to rob myself of the fun growing it mind ;)

SHG × BBG subbed are they good for outdoors those? It seems most of the subbie seeds are for indoor grows. Last year I got some of flighty exo mob spurt and they really impressed. I have a few more so they will go out 2.. will have to see as we move closer what else ends up on the list lol you know how it goes mate.. looking at sweet seeds I fancy something from them this year..

What was the green poison like mate?

Read some positives outdoors with this strain.. 

I'll look forward to seeing what you get up to mate.

Be lucky :yinyang:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 2

@Revive   The selection should keep me busy lol     

The beans from Mark will be a bit of fun , im under no illusions of winning any comps as i let the ladies do their own thing, as in no training or manipulating ,  lets just say im making the numbers up & helping to fill the thread with some pics.   I only grow for fun, my own amusement and to develop my skills mate.  

I am seriously considering a good go at Marks 420L grow comp , trying to sort a few bits out to support a big ass bush :yep:

The SHD x BBG were an older subbies from Brock1  - a semi auto and they thrive outdoors.   I have ran them the last 2 seasons with last year being a poor show due to my health but the years before was cracking.  Pics in my gallery.   

I have 2 MWF beans left and hope to do them justice.   very nice smoke. 

RGSC auto Gelato is rather mouthwatering, fantastic aromas in the jar too.   

Yeah i found some more beans in my stash  i want to give a run.    Wont be long now mate

• Like 2

He has found more lol that list is getting bigger mate. Well you are certainly gonna have a whole lot of fun old chap, let's just hope mother nature plays a better part this year.

Gonna try and get in marks comp for abit of fun too.. this whole 420l pot challenge seems interesting but Of course suited to garden growers more than out in the wild.. if you have a go mate id get some big supports set in the ground cause those big bitches are gonna need some serious anchoring lol

There don't seem to be much in the subbies right now that have been grown outdoor. shame cause I need to renew my sub, and was gonna life myself off. I love growing outdoors mate but it does have its restrictions in term of strains. Hopefully something pops up that I fancy.

Be lucky dude :yinyang:

• Like 2

@Revive    I had my eye on some of Welsh Toms subbies and also spied the No Names x No Names  sorry cant recall whom sent them in.   

I have no idea if either would run outdoors but for the reward if they do make it would make for a nice bit of sun kissed love :yep:

The O Haze caught my eye also for the light dep but i got to face facts that the light dep set up is maxed out lol   

Blackpool Bouncers SSH and the bubblegum all take my fancy too , but im pretty full and dont want to give up valuable real estate to find out i got males , although the rewards in quality terms would justify losing the space.     Decisions decisions !!

I am taking out an old pond i have at the bottom of the wild garden area ,  i was going to sink the 420L set up to keep height down a tad , yeah i would frame it with some nice stainless bar stock i have , could be quite decorative.   Just working out logistics of it all as i have a rather busy race season ahead , numerous customers cars booked in until late summer and a few of my own project vehicles that i really need to pull my finger out on ... time is not my friend !    The joys.    

• Like 1

Hey mate, yeah looked at the no names crosses too funny enough.. yeah i hear that on the males. Was my first time running regs last year and I was thinking the same about wasting valuable space/holes with males.. most of the subbies are regs although I've seen a few fems here and there come and go..  going down the regs route with something that isn't breed or suited to outdoor cultivation is even more of a risk.. if i had more space or viable plots then it wouldn't be an issue but green space that isn't full of activity is hard to come by in a concrete jungle..

I think sinking a pot that size will deffo be beneficial mate.. I know you say to keep the height down a tad but in terms of anchoring that would be the way to go.. and with this fancy metal tube frame you have in mind well I very much doubt the girl would go anywhere what ever the weather..

Glad to hear your busy with work and play mate. What could be better than earning money for doing something you love :yep:

Be lucky squire :yinyang:

• Like 1