This Years Offerings.

OldFord

@Revive   cheers mate,  i have thoroughly enjoyed thus years run and its been a while since i said that :)      I did side by side tests on the autos & semi''s and subbies and the difference was plain to see,  the growth vigour / general health and nugget size / density was a chalk & cheese for sure.   

The rot side of things or lack of it this year .... im totally convinced its the pk phite but i will be doing a full season side by side next year and will be placing an order for sure.   

The Barneys all romped home hassle & rot free ! Thats got to speak volumes lol      

Even the stripped plants are still rot free with approx 10 days til i get a chance to get them down & processed.   

Actually gutted the seasons all but over,  yes i have the spoils but im going to miss caring for them mate.    

Roll on March so i can start it all over again :yep:     Take care , all the best & speak soon mate. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, OldFord said:

@Revive   cheers mate,  i have thoroughly enjoyed thus years run and its been a while since i said that :)      I did side by side tests on the autos & semi''s and subbies and the difference was plain to see,  the growth vigour / general health and nugget size / density was a chalk & cheese for sure.   

The rot side of things or lack of it this year .... im totally convinced its the pk phite but i will be doing a full season side by side next year and will be placing an order for sure.   

The Barneys all romped home hassle & rot free ! Thats got to speak volumes lol      

Even the stripped plants are still rot free with approx 10 days til i get a chance to get them down & processed.   

Actually gutted the seasons all but over,  yes i have the spoils but im going to miss caring for them mate.    

Roll on March so i can start it all over again :yep:     Take care , all the best & speak soon mate. 

Top man oldford.. fuking barneys is making a comeback lollol amazed!! I know what you mean its all fun and games this so im gutted we are drawing to a close too dude.. although right about now its about to get very manic for me harvest wise.. got upcoming out mybutt right-hand with girls to come down ASAP im running out of room fast.. I got this week to deal with a pretty big haul and im carrying a pretty bad injury after a fall at work.. its all go go go my mate but ill get it done with my good friend co-codamol to numb the pain.. its been a real funny season weather wise so im pretty chuffed how fast the jars are filling.. gonna need to buy a load more as there is a lot more to come.. hope you finish on a high and get the last of that bud over the line.. be lucky mucker :yep:

• Like 1

@Revive   Ouch !!! Not good mate .... Mr Bump lol     Ribs are a bastard of an injury as they take a while to heal & the healing is slowed by being in the main core ... been there and feel for ya mate.   Just get stuck into this years bounty and stay baked & on a plus note it will help with the extra jar requirements lol       

Im in the same boat , i need to go buy some new jars as im all out and still have a dozen plants to strip along with the tops thats air drying now .... i only use Kilner and the famous fabric shop " Dun**m's"  has them on special now :yep:       Hope your well and truly medictaed and taking it as easy as you can.   

• Like 1

A quick wander around the ladies before the daylight went away and im happy to say its all rot free :)      Not a single bit spotted,  a few suspect leaves but upon pulling they are still firm and not pulling away,  they may just last the duration until i get back.   

The Blue Dreams are getting fat & smelling very ... berry / fruity indeed ,  i hope they last til i het time to chop them.   

1 of the baby cuttings in the greenhouse is suspect but not too fussed,  the greenhouse has been open up fully to let airflow maximise ... time will tell.  

I wont get time to get pics up of the stripped girls but will do both before & after pics once  they have been totally stripped.   

I hope anyone with ladies still out gets them home safe :yep:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, OldFord said:

@Revive   Ouch !!! Not good mate .... Mr Bump lol     Ribs are a bastard of an injury as they take a while to heal & the healing is slowed by being in the main core ... been there and feel for ya mate.   Just get stuck into this years bounty and stay baked & on a plus note it will help with the extra jar requirements lol       

Im in the same boat , i need to go buy some new jars as im all out and still have a dozen plants to strip along with the tops thats air drying now .... i only use Kilner and the famous fabric shop " Dun**m's"  has them on special now :yep:       Hope your well and truly medictaed and taking it as easy as you can.   

Hey bro.. yes painful is an understatement.. think I have cracked them where they join up to my spine so the pain is round the back under my shoulder blade.. fuking killing me no matter what I do.. cant get into a comfortable position to get some relief so just swallowing pain killers and that is not ideal as they fuk my stomach up when I been on them a few days.. ill get through it somehow.. will take a look at that special offer.. the killers are good but quite expensive.. i been getting these big 4 ltr ones for preserving jams and shit.. odd they don't have a rubber seal but I filled them with water turned them upside down and they don't leak so I guess they must be air tight.. just back from a shift on 1 plot, and if it dont piss down I have a night visit planned on the auto plot.. its all fuking go right now brother so I could really do with being 100% fit and not in this fuking pain.. is what it is mate.. id have to be half dead to leave those girls rotting in the wild.. :yep:

I've cracked ribs before falling over on a riverbank out gardening. 6 weeks of slowly diminishing pain breathing, sneezing and laughing. If it was someone else's shoddy work, you can get reimbursed wages while you recover. Any admin type injury lawyer can sort that. I blamed my injury on prohibition, why else would we be sneaking around cracking ribs in the countryside? lol

As for the garden, def recommend going heavy on doing clones next year for the one advantage of a uniform harvest. All ripe at the same time, saves trips. Each plot can have different finish times, depending on sun etc. 

God knows where you get the energy from popping in every other evening. There must be a well trodden trail by now, surely? Anyway, every year is a lesson right?  :yep:lol

Oops, sry thought this was @Revive's shenanigans thread!  

lol 

Edited by Slippy One
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

I've cracked ribs before falling over on a riverbank out gardening. 6 weeks of slowly diminishing pain breathing, sneezing and laughing. If it was someone else's shoddy work, you can get reimbursed wages while you recover. Any admin type injury lawyer can sort that. I blamed my injury on prohibition, why else would we be sneaking around cracking ribs in the countryside? lol

As for the garden, def recommend going heavy on doing clones next year for the one advantage of a uniform harvest. All ripe at the same time, saves trips. Each plot can have different finish times, depending on sun etc. 

God knows where you get the energy from popping in every other evening. There must be a well trodden trail by now, surely? Anyway, every year is a lesson right?  :yep:lol

Oops, sry thought this was @Revive's shenanigans thread!  

lol 

lol I'm sure oldford won't mind.. im the proprietor of the company slips so there won't be any of that.. its fine..  the last 2 days harvests couldn't have happened if I was working.. no worry about the trodden path there's many obstacles to negotiate to follow anything and with the leaves falling as they are right now all is pretty much covered by the next day.. this is my forever plot so its pretty well set up.. tbh I don't mind the staggered harvest as i would  not have the room for it all in 1 go or the time do harvest it all  so processing would be a mare if it all finished at the same time.. although it would cut down the risk somewhat.. having this drying tent running for 6/8weeks isn't ideal so there's goods and bads.. so far its working its just me thats broken lol

Edited by Revive
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Arrived home early this morning from a week away racing,  straight out at daybreak to check whats left of the girls & chop anything worth salvahing.

Main tops all taken 10 days ago ...... and im happy to say i actually managed to get a fair bit today :yep:

The girls have had no feed or water for 14 days now other than rain.

The Blue Dreams seemed to be thriving and very happy with plenty of perfectly ripple golf ball nuggets, i guess well under 5% loss to mold. 

The Strawberry Glues were still happy and offered up a good fruity bounty, a good 25% amber and im guessing 5% mold loss. 

The OG Cookies seemed to be stressing ,  a good harvest of rock hard fragrant nuggets & approx 25% mold loss.  A good 25% amber trichs.   

The French Macarons looked terrible,   still got a fair harvest of some almost black & purple very fragrant hard nuggets, they smell incredible.  50% loss to mold, anything with the slightest sign of mold  was binned.   What was left looks very nice,  looking forward to sampling the fully cooked harvest with a good 40% trichs being amber.  

Now to my random addition to this year as i liked the sound of it,  this pack of 3 produced the darkest , oiliest and most pungent plants of this season,  ed cuttings were ravaged by the mold and with almost zero loss to mold,  super dense medium sized nuggets that smell amazing,  the plants have been a pleasure to grow and have ordered another pack after sampling a 10 day air dried taster.

The plants in question are none other than Barneys Cookies Kush :)    What i harvested today is some of the best quality outdoor goodies i have produced to date,  the plants have been a joy to grow, very uniform and very good yield with flavour and potency..... very impressed and will be running them GG next year.   

All the slime brigade donated cuttings were ravaged by mold with only the 2 tiny ones offering up minute nuggets.  

All in all its been a fantastic outdoor season thats been a learning curve, a challenge and great fun :yep:      

I will be back next season with a larger light dep run & back on the GG also.   Cant wait for spring to arrive :)   

• Like 8

This outdoor season is over for me, everything is down , processed , drying or curing :)    Its been a challenging run but enjoyable, made even more so by some on here  -

Thank you to  - 

@panik for the autos Mazar & Gelato  , the Gelato is outstanding in flavour .... def running these next year.  Will be grabbing a few other bits shortly too.  

@Amarillo slim for the MWF -  the toughest plants i have come across with a doubt !  Not had a cured tester but will do soon,  will def be out in the garden next year. 

@Intense Nutrients  &  @grotbags For popping my nute cherry and giving me my best seasonal results to date,  very impressed.  

Thanks to all whom have offered help , advice and support ,  much appreciated.

Here's to next season being just as good if not better :yep:

Good luck to all who still have ladies out in the elements,  i hope you get a result.  

• Like 10

You know its been a bumper harvest year .... when you need to do 2 trips for kilners as you underestimated what you reaped from this years run :)     

Got kilners galore , all in the dark and on a strict burping regime , a good 3 month cure and then sample  :) 

• Like 4

Great work @OldFord.. please to hear there all home drying.. nice to hear that you got a lil brucee bonus when you returned im sure that will fill a few more jars for you.. just got my last 3 girls down a couple hours ago so im pretty happy also.. been a bumper season for me to mate I've reaped 3/4 times my target and am having murders with all the kilners I have had to buy this year.. already had a lot from last season and there not cheap..done another £50 just yesterday and there now full so need quite a few more.. anyhowz stoned and rambling here..

Enjoy your fruits my man, won't be long b4 we are all at it again :yep:

• Like 4

@Revive   Congrats at getting your last ladies down sir :yep:    Yeah i have a set number of jars i use and that way i know if its been a busy run or not, this year i have had to buy kilners twice due to underestimating the bounty.    Im well up for next season & just about ready for it.  Going to enjoy the fruits of my labour for now with a small sample of each before a lengthy cure.  

Just something special about a bit of outdoor own grown :)  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, OldFord said:

Just something special about a bit of outdoor own grown :)

Thanks dude.. You can't beat a bit of decent sun grown bud .. just how nature intended it to be :yep:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I went out today to clear the last few pots of this years debris and i found a survivor :yep:   A tiny pot with what looks like 2 of the slime brigade cuttings in full flower with tiny little buds forming .  1 is def a Western Winds and no idea what the 2nd is.    Brought it in , gave it a feed , will see if i can keep it going and this will motivate me to get back on the fridge groom :) 

Get pics up in the morning.    

• Like 2