How are buds my too dry???

Piper.180

12 minutes ago, ursus1000 said:

@mysticriver I just checked again.wilko not in stock. Just check google images for 'sock hanger' to get an idea,and I'm sure you'll find them in a pound shop mate.

yes ive seen a few on amazon. oh yeah pound shop good idea

mysticriver 

• Like 1

On 18/04/2021 at 0:04 PM, KC said:

You should find the moisture from the middle of the bud works its way out.

@Piper.180 I'm sure you'll find KC is right on this.

Get it in jars sealed for three days at least this time with no burp and no humidity pavk and the moisture will be drawn from the stem through the bud. If its still too dry then try the packs. 

• Like 1

On 18/04/2021 at 1:37 PM, KaptainKush said:

I been watching a guy on YouTube and he uses a humidifier for the first 2 days of drying so it slows things down abit. This is my plan come harvest, my rh is 30% outside :banned:

I'd be very careful using a humidifier, the internals are breeding grounds for mould spores.

I currently just hang my buds on drying nets, and the amount of leaf I leave on depends on the time of year and outside temps. I manage to get good results but summer is a struggle.

I have a plan to build an humidistat controlled drying chamber eventually. Buds within enclosed chamber which has a tiny 12v extractor fan that pumps smelly air into flower chamber, inkbird maintaining 62% RH at all times. Could even step down 80%, 75%, 70%, etc gradually for a slower dry if need be. Will post it up once it's built

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

@BushDoctoR You ever get round to building that contraption?
Only thing i was thinking with that design is the fan sucking the air out of the flower chamber would be constantly pulling air out of the drying chamber too....

Im using a big black bin with a bunch of holes drilled out the bottom and covered with a perforated plastic filter sheet used for PC's.

The way i adjust how much airflow goes through the drying chamber is by restricting the ducting on the tent end.
I still think it's too much so will re-adjust it to pull through the vegging chamber first.

Has anybody ever encountered problems by ducting drying herb air into the flower chamber? ie. mold.

Anyway, heres the "bin"

large.IMG_20210624_213132_compress51.jpg

@Thai Stick My drying cupboard has the intake for my flowering room at the top and I've never really had a mould problem. Pretty amazing considering last year and this year (so far at least) have been terrible for high humidity. 

@Thai Stick I often extract into my flower tent in late flower from a drying box and have never had issues, and it goes in at the bottom too and out at the top, so it does get pulled through the grow tent.  If you're concerned then you could vent from the dry box into the top of your tent (assuming your fan is at the top) and have that humid air bypass your plants completely?  If you do though I'd make sure you also have a good amount of air still coming in from the bottom intake vents/ducts so that you're still getting good airflow throughout the tent.

Flip in hell.... Thought I had my drying plan boxed off until I read this. I was planning to use the grow tent BUT I could really do with getting another plant going before it gets too cold, so now considering the card board box connected to the grow tent idea 

On 18/04/2021 at 1:03 PM, fatboy77 said:

Branches snapping is a little late for 

Woops please delete

On 18/04/2021 at 1:03 PM, fatboy77 said:

Edited by MindSoup