How are buds my too dry???

Piper.180

On 4/18/2021 at 1:26 PM, mysticriver said:

is drying bud in a cardboard box connected to a grow tent so the extraction eeks out of the box to the tent, a good or bad idea?

slightly off topic guys I know

mysticriver  

I always get a decent dry doing it this way

• Like 1

Dry 7-10 days in a cardboard box in my groom. Once stems crack or bend but dont snap I give em another trim and pop em in the jars. Usually the last bit of moisture comes out in the jars (not a perfect seal) and keeps the buds from getting too dry. I sometimes take them out the jars for a few days and back into a cardboard shoebox if the moisture levels are increasing too much in jars.

• Like 1

thanks guys

On 18/04/2021 at 3:30 PM, Thai Stick said:

I've made a rack out of a bunch of pvc piping and plenty of t joints

I was going to string some line across the top of the box, say 100mm from the top and hang my stems to dry

mysticriver 

• Like 1

@Piper.180 I have been in your shoes many times if not every grow I have done up until recently. What the guys are saying about long slow drying and reducing the circulating fan all helps and just a few degrees lower lengthens the time drying time so you can be hitting the 2 week point. 

I used to wet trim but going with the advice from seasoned growers on here I just removed the fan leaves and left everything else for a dry trim, this helped massively along with minimising the airflow as I had my CF on just enough that my whole village didn't stink.

Patience and control of the environment is key at this point as mentioned before its a real art form and can make the difference if you're after top quality taste and smoke. 

We never lose, we either win or learn!

Edited by Kush Lover
spelling
  • Like 1

Low n slow for me. First grow I had green that smelled very hay like. Its been sat in jars for 3 months now and believe me it smells amazing now and smokes great. 

Second grow 15c for 2 weeks and it smells awesome straight away - no hay.

Definitely an art. Just jar it and monitor RH. Throw in boveda packs. Fast forward 2 months and im sure you'll be happy.

9 hours ago, mysticriver said:

I was going to string some line across the top of the box, say 100mm from the top and hang my stems to dry

I used to do that, but what i found it what you could never get the string tight, the box would bend in a bit, resulting in some lines that are tight, and some that arent.

In the new box im going to build, im going to use one of those laundry dryers for socks etc that has like 30 pegs hanging off it.
Makes handing the buds for checking much easier.
Take the whole lot out for inspection as opposed to one by one or poking your hand into the back of the box which always ends up in me knocking buds off the line.

• Like 1

On 18/04/2021 at 1:48 PM, ursus1000 said:

you can add a piece of orange peel to your jar to get some moisture back,but best check it after a few hours.

I keep jars of weed for a long time and if it ever gets too dry i use orange peel too and it works a treat it puts all the moisture back into the flower and the taste comes right back

Ive even used it on whole crops when they have dried too quick, i was seriously amazed how well it worked 

Edited by cannaboy_420
  • Like 3

On 18/04/2021 at 1:26 PM, mysticriver said:

is drying bud in a cardboard box connected to a grow tent so the extraction eeks out of the box to the tent, a good or bad idea?

slightly off topic guys I know

mysticriver  

No sure but have done this many times years ago with no ill affect.

12 hours ago, Thai Stick said:

one of those laundry dryers for socks etc that has like 30 pegs hanging off it.

do you have a picture? sounds good

mysticriver 

Just now, ursus1000 said:

@mysticriver just checked,wilko have them for £1-50

bro just checked wilko can't find anything under sock hanger that fits that description

do you mean 'black wire hanger for 20cm pot' - thats £1.50 and it hangs stuff?

mysticriver 

Edited by mysticriver

I checked google 'sock hanger' and down the list was wilko at £1-50. I'm using a vpn and I'm in the USA if that makes any kind of difference.