> SubSpecies UK Sub Tropixx 2021 (inna de yard) <

SubSpecies

@Wacky Wardrobe Mi give thanks mi bredda, nice to know you enjoy the updates large.ras_cool.gif Respect!

I never knew it was edible! Niceness, i will check it out to which part to eat, can put it in my Ital Stew tomorrow!! All herbs are welcome round here :yep:

I use it for sensory, sound and vision, the seed heads even look similar to Rattlesnake tails, but when the pods are dry they rattle in the breeze, beautiful while smokin in the sun enjoying all the plants, i have plants for every sense :yinyang: The grass is invasive and native to New Zealand i believe, i hoping it gonna spread all over the yard large.ras_grin.gif

Bless UP ma Lion, nuff respect!
Take care :bong:

Edited by SubSpecies
  • Like 1

Just now, SubSpecies said:

I never knew it was edible!

Seeds and leaves apparently.

Seeds may be ground and cooked. Commonly used in bread or porridge.

I don't have a garden. Just a balcony full of containers. I grow a few token edibles as well as ornamentals and some "sensory herbs"!

Chillies, strawberries, haricot beans, lettuce leaves, carrots and potatoes, herbs etc.

I put a few low profile trained ganja plants out there hidden amongst my somniferum poppies.

Class B hiding in plain sight amongst a load of class A :-)

I'm planning to make some exotic cocktail hash with the two when I start harvesting very shortly.

Happy growing, eating and other sensory exploration :-)

• Like 2

Jah Love bredda Punta!! Nuff thanks and respect!! Your words are appreciated very much large.ras_cheers.gif

It  is very nice to see you this year my friend, i hope all has been well for you. Very glad you enjoy SubTropixx, it really is a peacefully hectic time inna de yard, tingz are growing nuts!! I tink its the MultiMite Seaweed!!

The Light Dep seems to be going well so far, i muss admit i forgot to post a pic of that, i&i onnit right away.... 

LD takes some dedication and commitment every day, i using Crystal Candy FV because of its shorter flower time, and it such nice herb!! She goes into cover @4:30pm ev' day then out at 11pm, currently i have to squeeze her through a window into the garage and into a tent, the 50L pot just fits through the window, a very good and worth-while work-out :yes:

Here she is @Punta Roja , she exactly 2 weeks today......

Crystal Candy FV 2 Weeks into Light Dep

large.DSC01875.jpeg

As you can see in picture, i have to squeeze her through a window and into darkness. In the end i decided not to use the outdoor box i had.

large.DSC01874.jpeg

Her progress @ 2 Weeks :yinyang:

large.DSC01876.jpeg

Enjoy blessed positive Sunday vibez. It's all Reggae oldies playing today, the sweet sounds of Culture, Dennis Brown, Beres Hammond, Gregory Isaacs to name a few large.ras_listening_music.gif

ONE LOVE !!!!!

Edited by SubSpecies
  • Like 8

@SubSpecieshere is a photo of the first three scotch bonnets. I’ve never grown them before, the small plant only cost £2.50 so looks like being a bargain. Lots of flowers so it looks like providing a lot of them.large.5CF4052B-21CC-4826-B6F0-36A79C59E670.jpeg

• Like 5

Sub species.amazing work.loving it!!! Proper skills brother.

I have LST the green gold bent her 90 degrees. and topped the purple maroc. Had a go at a FIM on my opg x chem.

Your auto in the first couple pics have you super cropped her? I'm tempted to try on a whitey freeze that has turned into a decent bush!

Do I gently snap the stems??

Many thanks man 

• Like 1

BIG UP ma Lion @Madmacca, many thanks! Hard work should pay off in the end seen large.ras_wink.gif

Yes, i believe they do call it super cropping, to me it was logic as i could see the way my plants were growing after LST bending and thought to myself mmm, i could pull dem branches down and let more light to the rear of the plant, as i don't get all day sun i thought to I-self...yeah-I, thats the way to do it! I have had to support the branches with canes as some didn't lift back up too well, lack of sun i should tink, its good for plants in pots, but if they are in the ground be careful, dem branches could potentially sit pon the floor without support, and that would be bad, naturally they will need more support as buds get nice an heavy.

Bending Guide: The way mi dwit (do it):

When i bend, i use my two 'peace' fingers and thumb, two fingers behind the branch and thumb in front, then i gently squeeze and try to sink my thumb into the stem gently where i want it to bend while i rock the branch back and forth gently and quite slowly forcing the branch more towards the angle i desire, eventually they will bend, but DO NOT force them too much, try to bend on soft stem, it is way more difficult on thicker woody stems, although it can be done, it just takes alot more time, and more prone to snapping. The idea is to gradually loosen up the fibers in the stem to avoid a tragic snap, it should bend way more freely that way.

I hope this can help you successfully accomplish the perfect bend :yinyang:

Enjoy your day my friend, i hope Jah sun is shining inna your yard :bong:

large.5eee0e3f8a536_ras_bigup.gif

• Like 7

@AutoAberdeen Lovin the Scotchie bro! Thanks for the pic, looks like they are well on their way! What are you feeding them? I treat mine the same as Ganja with feed jus not as often as they seem to like quite dry soil, i grow mine in the same medium as mi 'erbs and they love it! One day i might try bathing my feet in all this good soil, nice feet i wonder? Maybe even strong dreadlock growth as a result lol!

AllJahBest with the grow my friend!!

Mo Fyah large.ras_fyahblaze.gif

• Like 3

@SubSpecies As always mate your plants look ace and your irie diarie (like what I did there :naughty:) is a pleasure to read !

I was laughing at your experience with 300 Liberty caps, that’s a proper dose man !!

• Like 2

Irie DIrie lollol am LOVIN' that one @LA LUNA haha yes Iyah!! Mo respect!! I like to larrf so thank you for Irie jokes! large.ras_cheers.gif
Bless UP for yo admiration of I&I works, this year the auto'z zeem better than auto'z iv done before, looks like a good year, although humidity is high now and dare i say it........ iv got bumboklaat mold on mi Auto Zkitz and mi Runtz XL, ahh shit man, i had to chop some last night, but they both are at 7 weeks and have milky trichs, however the weather has perked up now and mi ago leave dem outside for pistils to brown off as much as i can to try to hit the 8 week mark. Mi vexed a likke but wat can mi do against the rhaatid mold, so i praised Jah and had to snip some crucial buds, including the top bud, nipped the mold in the bud so to speak, juss before it got out of hand :yes:
Cyaant wait fi shmoke the buds in 10days, so im really happy to be honest. Rastafari Bless large.ras_old_jah_bless.gif
AllJahBleesed this year with your herbs :bong:
Thanks mi friend :yinyang:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, SubSpecies said:

@AutoAberdeen Lovin the Scotchie bro! Thanks for the pic, looks like they are well on their way! What are you feeding them? I treat mine the same as Ganja with feed jus not as often as they seem to like quite dry soil, i grow mine in the same medium as mi 'erbs and they love it! One day i might try bathing my feet in all this good soil, nice feet i wonder? Maybe even strong dreadlock growth as a result lol!

AllJahBest with the grow my friend!!

Mo Fyah large.ras_fyahblaze.gif

Liquid seaweed and tomato feed like my ganja, same soil too so sounds like we’re doing the same thing :hippy:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SubSpecies said:

Irie DIrie lollol am LOVIN' that one @LA LUNA haha yes Iyah!! Mo respect!! I like to larrf so thank you for Irie jokes! large.ras_cheers.gif
Bless UP for yo admiration of I&I works, this year the auto'z zeem better than auto'z iv done before, looks like a good year, although humidity is high now and dare i say it........ iv got bumboklaat mold on mi Auto Zkitz and mi Runtz XL, ahh shit man, i had to chop some last night, but they both are at 7 weeks and have milky trichs, however the weather has perked up now and mi ago leave dem outside for pistils to brown off as much as i can to try to hit the 8 week mark. Mi vexed a likke but wat can mi do against the rhaatid mold, so i praised Jah and had to snip some crucial buds, including the top bud, nipped the mold in the bud so to speak, juss before it got out of hand :yes:
Cyaant wait fi shmoke the buds in 10days, so im really happy to be honest. Rastafari Bless large.ras_old_jah_bless.gif
AllJahBleesed this year with your herbs :bong:
Thanks mi friend :yinyang:

My garden is like a fucking wind tunnel bruh.... Hopefully keep the rat out of my kitchen <-:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SubSpecies said:

BIG UP ma Lion @Madmacca, many thanks! Hard work should pay off in the end seen large.ras_wink.gif

Yes, i believe they do call it super cropping, to me it was logic as i could see the way my plants were growing after LST bending and thought to myself mmm, i could pull dem branches down and let more light to the rear of the plant, as i don't get all day sun i thought to I-self...yeah-I, thats the way to do it! I have had to support the branches with canes as some didn't lift back up too well, lack of sun i should tink, its good for plants in pots, but if they are in the ground be careful, dem branches could potentially sit pon the floor without support, and that would be bad, naturally they will need more support as buds get nice an heavy.

Bending Guide: The way mi dwit (do it):

When i bend, i use my two 'peace' fingers and thumb, two fingers behind the branch and thumb in front, then i gently squeeze and try to sink my thumb into the stem gently where i want it to bend while i rock the branch back and forth gently and quite slowly forcing the branch more towards the angle i desire, eventually they will bend, but DO NOT force them too much, try to bend on soft stem, it is way more difficult on thicker woody stems, although it can be done, it just takes alot more time, and more prone to snapping. The idea is to gradually loosen up the fibers in the stem to avoid a tragic snap, it should bend way more freely that way.

I hope this can help you successfully accomplish the perfect bend :yinyang:

Enjoy your day my friend, i hope Jah sun is shining inna your yard :bong:

large.5eee0e3f8a536_ras_bigup.gif

Perfect advise .ya rule.

I will certainly do that on me auto mazar.my whitey freeze is in first week of flower I forgot to say.am into late for a good bend? Worried about the rot .glad ya nipped it in the bud hahaha!!

What's this 300 liberty trip bet that was heavy man.have you tried Dimitri?

• Like 1

Great stuff dude, your plants look amazing, I've had a nightmare with Autos this year, but it'll stand me in good stead for next year. All part of the learning curve.   :hippy:

• Like 1