> SubSpecies UK Sub Tropixx 2021 (inna de yard) <

SubSpecies

large.pngegg(14)(2)(1).png

large.pngegg(11).pngGreetings to the worldlarge.pngegg(11).png

One Love People Get Ready

large.pngegg(8).png

In Memeory of Honourable Robert Nesta Marley: 6th Feb 1945 - 11th May 1981

:yinyang::bong::yinyang:

Welcome to Subs Tropixx 2021 UK yarden of 'erbs  an all tingz good, bless up ya'self!

So i start by giving thanks to Jah the great light in the the sky to help me and mi plants make through this years journey ahead,

Good luck to all the herb farmers planting out this year, Jah bless your green paths.... nuff respec so lets get high and give 'anova year 'anova try......  Rastafari everytime, manners & respect.

Yeah, thought i'd set up a likkle page here for mi Bredrens & Sistrens who are interested in some cool vibez,

we can share ganja info, you can request updates if im slacking,

ask for help & advice, kick back with a Red Strip or Guiness and smoke Chalice or spliff and reason about the world etc,

chant down babylon, play some dub and eat rice & pease cooked by me, plenty for all, can you play bongos? can also Nyabinghi all night 'till sunrise if so, all dem nice tingz are welcome.

Will be updating mad tingz in here im sure as the year progresses so keep your eyes out, check in from time to time or follow this topic to keep updated.

I got a nice list of variety growin this year... a whole heap of deliciously tasty beans inna mi yard, i cyaant wait!! Check it out....

Garden Photos:
Critical Neville Haze Early Version (Delicious Seeds)
Crystal Candy Fast Version (Sweet Seeds)(2nd time grow, soooo bloodclaat tasty man!!)
LSD-25 Fast Version (Garden of Green)

Garden Autos:
Auto Ultimate (Dutch Passion)
Auto Extreme (Dutch Passion)
Auto Moby Dick XXL (Dinafem)
Auto Robocrop (Cream Of The Crop)
Auto Cash Crop (Cream Of The Crop)
Auto Runtz XL (Sweet Seeds)
Auto Dark Devil (Sweet Seeds)
Auto Zkittles (Fast Budz)
Auto Gelato (Fast Budz)
Auto Gorilla Glue (Fast Budz)

Guerilla Grow:

Cream Caramel (Sweet Seeds)

Sweet Cheese (Sweet Seeds)
Sweet Afgani Delicious (Sweet Seeds)
Red Mandarine F1 Fast Version (Sweet Seeds originaly, but this time its some wicked self-seed from a gorgeous female plant last year)
Affidaze (Real Gorilla Seeds)(whole plant gonna be LST'd, trained then hashed @ harvest, makes the wickedest hash)

Tink that should do me for choice lol . Had to turn down some strains which was a tough choice as i have enuff on mi plate for now,

wanted to grow 'Vanilla Frosting' by Taste Budz, turned down Rainbow Cake aswell (up to 3kg yield!), also turned down a NLxHaze coz i gots enuff haze now, so next year probably grow them.

Enjoy the journey ahead, see you all around soon, alway remember to

Live The Life You Love and Love The Life You Live

large.5eee0e3f8a536_ras_bigup.gif

SubSpecies

large.pngegg(20).png

Edited by SubSpecies
  • Like 23

Update: April 6th

I got tingz off to an early start this year, below to the far left and far right are Red Mandarine F1 Fast from seeds i found on my best RM last year, super germination (2 days) and they were off, got them popped late Feb under a likkle LED grow light you'll see inna bit, in the middle upper is a Affidaze undergoing mainlining technique and onto LST and then into pruning, should be a beast! At the front middle is Crystal Candy FV, she popped same time as Affiedaze in Feb, i plan to grow Crystal Candy FV up to 20 nodes on the main stem and then top her and also top all the side branches resulting in technically 80 tops, she got plenty of time to veg those branches into big powerful arms, yamon!

This photo was taken on the mini heat wave we had at end of March, the two Red Madarines have been outside in a plastic greenhouse for several weeks trying to sex them, one is male and one is female, i shall collect the pollen from the male and store it, the female is going in guerilla plot and shes been topped at 10th node.
Affidaze is spending time outside hardening off but not all the time outside as not to encourage early flowering, she has been under a light in the garage to prevent flowering.
Crystal Candy is being pampered, shes spending time outside when its nice (above 11c at least) and all the other time she is getting 24hrs light in my home made grow box, more on dat in the next update :yep:

large.606b5cb2db624_SubTropix2021-01.jpg

Here is the mother from last year (2020) to my Red Mandarines this year, bless up momma :yinyang:

large.rsz_02.jpg

large.rsz_04.jpg

large.rsz_dsc00036.jpg

• Like 21

Good luck this year mate.

Inspired by your pics i got my red manderines out of the fridge gonna give them a proper plot this year.

large.IMG_0682.JPG

• Like 8

@murphyblue Nice bredda, cheers bro i really do hope they grow well for you, in the right conditions they grow very very fast, the one in the garden last year was growing easy a couple of inches a day, it was like 1 new node every day, powerful structure and wanted to dominate mi yard, but Jamaican Dream had that honour instead. Murphy bro, just wait untill you smell those flowers, oh my Jah! Terp heaven!! I'll be anxiously lookin out fo your progress with those this year fo sure.

Blessed of luck to you for this season large.ras_smokin2.gif

One Love :yinyang:

large.pngegg(4).png

• Like 6

Updated on 7th April 2021:

Heres whats goin on at the min......

I made up a pretty decent grow space in mi garage using an old cold frame from the garden, the plastic hood was in ruins so i though to use the frame, handy frames these tingz sometimes.

I simply wrapped the frame with some green horticultural membrane for insulation, then used old large cardboard boxes and brown tape with gorilla tape to secure and for extra strength.  Then lined the inside with some diamond mylar.

Outside:

large.606b5cb56a79d_SubTropix2021-02.jpg

Inside:

I use 2x 23w heat mats for the 2x 10L auto pots to sit on keeping soil constantly warm. I got a heat tube at the bottom of the tent, warms up my water too!

large.606b5cb7e6b93_SubTropix2021-03.jpeg

Fixed a Corsair PC fan to the top back extracting the heat, i wired it to a usb cable which plugs into my plug socket and runs on 12v or less. The black fan is usb also, only have on standby for when temps rise. But mi nar install dem cobwebs tho :headpain:

large.DSC00319.jpeg

The lights are 2x UFO supposidly 300w LED with a 30w power draw each, auto's seem to love them so far, but they are only small plants as yet! and they are cheap lights just for an early start to mi outdoor growing. I have a round clip-on 23w 140 (i tink) LEDs which i bounce between the plants, the Runtz XL has had more of it and is growing more compact, so Zkittles has got it now to stop here out-competing Runtz in height.
The other 'white' light is 4x 24w LEDs in the middle of the tent, every bit helps for sure! So i got some quite intense light going on in there, hence why im growing autos early coz im gonna grow them in here and move them outside in the sun when the weather is sweet and then back in the tent over night giving then 24hrs light a days, they should mature quick (take 3 - 4 months for autos that are 100% outdoors).

Temps have been between 19c - 23c so all is lookin good so far.

The Plants:
Pic is 6th April, Autos exactly 2 weeks old:

large.606b5cbcdce5d_SubTropix2021-05.jpeg

I had 2 out of 3 Critical Neville Haze Early Version seeds fail to make it, and 1 x Auto Runtz failed, seed rotted. It muss have been the electric propagator being a bumboklaat ras :angry:

So i&i was 'well chuffed' when my last Nev Haze popped propperly. I germ my seeds direct in soil usually, but i germed my last Nev Haze seed in de-ironized water over night then on a plate with de-ironized water wet tissue and into the elec propagator, 2 days later a nice inch tap root, into soil and now she grows, ahhhh Jah Bless!!

Critical Neville Haze Early Version 5th April spreading her wings in joy, totally showing off that she made it!!

large.606e3921a7cde_ShellSpread.jpg

But i didn't want this angel flying away so i removed her icarus wings  :D

large.Shell.jpg

7th April, 1 day later......

Autos have grown alot in juss 1 day!! Wowzerz man!!

Auto Runtz XL:
large.DSC00313.jpeg

Auto Zkittles

large.DSC00315.jpeg

Dem lovin the lights proper it appears, real Sub Tropixx inna mi yard :bong:

Critical Neville Haze EV 7th April, she doin' Irie Rasta, bless!!

large.DSC00318.jpeg

Crystal Cany FV getting a serious head start for the outside world, she been veggin for about 6 or more weeks now large.ras_smokin2.gif

large.DSC00320.jpeg

Arright im done fi now seen, nuff respect for tuning into my page :yinyang:

Peace, Love and Adaptaion, Rastafari everytime :bong:

Sub

• Like 11

@SubSpecies... great lil read that was bro. Nice lil selection this season i see.. man loving the way you have put this together, I commend the effort you put in to sharing your adventures sub.

I will be pulling up a chair for this 1 that's for sure, squeeze me in the ferment row as I do hate to miss out on anything ;)

The rice and peas will go down a treat with some Guinness punch ma man.. a lil blaze on the challice and you won't hear a peep out of me lol .. very best of luck to you dude.. exciting times are ahead.

Loving the lil diy number too, plenty of light in there bro.. looking forward to watching this unfold with you. Stay safe and keep it green sub :yep: 1 love :yinyang:

• Like 1

Updated on 9th April 2021:

Deep down UK in Sub'z Tropicixx the Red Manderines i popped back in February have been outside for some time now, in plastic-house over night (mostly) and outside in daytime (except hail), naturally this time of year they have gone into pre flower, so right now im very pleased, i now have a hardy resilient well developed female plant super ready for plant out this year. The male mi very pleased about as i will collect the pollen for a likke cross breeding! Wicked strain for a cross i rekon, have been climatized to the UK, and it's a vigorous male for sure, carrying the Red genetics hopefully large.ras_cool.gif

Topped the female @ 5th node for 10 tops, will deffo nip the branches soon as i can for 20 tops, then maybe nip again for 40 tops, ain't sure yet.
large.607092d96ed02_RMFVMale9-4-2021(2).jpeg

The SubTropixx natural daylight 'Mandy' Male:

large.607092e10ade8_RMFVMale9-4-2021(5).jpeg

Red Pimp...

large.607092dbe4f6a_RMFVMale9-4-2021(3).jpeg

Red Nutz...

large.607092de80ee7_RMFVMale9-4-2021(4).jpeg

RedPurple Natty Dreadlocks....

large.607092e3a0c7b_RMFVMale9-4-2021(6).jpeg

Milky male trichs, Red Milkshake anyone!! (i also got home made red sorrel drink too if you like that?)

large.607092e4cf387_RMFVMale9-4-2021.jpg

Thats how Subs rollin at min..... bless up :yinyang:

Mi gwaan fi now (im gone for now)..... large.ras_bike_thumb.gif

Jah Love large.ras_smokin2.gif

large.mlg-blunt-transparent-9.png

Edited by SubSpecies
  • Like 11

Big up @SubSpecies

Some fancy looking nut sacks there dude..I would like to have a go one day at some breeding.. reckon it would be a whole lot of fun..

1love brother :yinyang:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Revive said:

Some fancy looking nut sacks there dude... reckon it would be a whole lot of fun..

Thats what she said large.ras_lighter.giflol

I never tried crossing stuff befor so this will be intressting, bit of a unplanned 'pregnacy' from Red Manderin last year has led me to it this year so i&i gunna give it a shot an see, jus gotta find the right partner-in-terps to suit the cross, i wanted to cross it with the Jamaican Dream coz they taste sweeet smoked togeather, and i would call it 'Red Jamaican' or 'Sub-Jamanderine' :bong: But mi nar have any JD seeds leff now sadly, however, i found 1 seed in my guerilla JD plant, and Red Mandy was growin jus 6 feet away and she had about 15 self seeds on her making her the culprit potentially, so i might already have a SubJamanderine seed, maybe i grow that pickney this year into a tree an hope it is fem seed :hippy:, but then still if it turns out male iv got some JD pollen or potentially SubJamanderine pollen, mad ting however it works!! It now feels like mi studying at Cannabis College, BTEC Diploma in breeding heeeee :D:D Got ma 3rd Edition 690 page Cannabis Grow Bible (Greg Green) here with me getting nerdy brainz reading 'bout breeding, like its the karma sutra of cannabis haha :nerd:  Mad times ahead :magic:

BigUp mi Lion, Rastafari :yinyang:

1heart :bong:

Edited by SubSpecies
  • Like 5

47 minutes ago, SubSpecies said:

Thats what she said large.ras_lighter.giflol

I never tried crossing stuff befor so this will be intressting, bit of a unplanned 'pregnacy' from Red Manderin last year has led me to it this year so i&i gunna give it a shot an see, jus gotta find the right partner-in-terps to suit the cross, i wanted to cross it with the Jamaican Dream coz they taste sweeet smoked togeather, and i would call it 'Red Jamaican' or 'Sub-Jamanderine' :bong: But mi nar have any JD seeds leff now sadly, however, i found 1 seed in my guerilla JD plant, and Red Mandy was growin jus 6 feet away and she had about 15 self seeds on her making her the culprit potentially, so i might already have a SubJamanderine seed, maybe i grow that pickney this year into a tree an hope it is fem seed :hippy:, but then still if it turns out male iv got some JD pollen or potentially SubJamanderine pollen, mad ting however it works!! It now feels like mi studying at Cannabis College, BTEC Diploma in breeding heeeee :D:D Got ma 3rd Edition 690 page Cannabis Grow Bible (Greg Green) here with me getting nerdy brainz reading 'bout breeding, like its the karma sutra of cannabis haha :nerd:  Mad times ahead :magic:

BigUp mi Lion, Rastafari :yinyang:

1heart :bong:

Yes yes big up to the sub jamanderine creation massive.. lol funny how sometimes shit goes down and it leads you into something totally unplanned.. maybe it is fate my bredda.. thats a cracking name to start with lets be honest ;)

I tried to do some reading up on it but it boggled my nut man.. love to be able to create my own one day that would just be bad ass, something I could really call my own ya no.. who knows as you say you may already have your by complete accident.. be a nice lil suprised aye mukka.. hope all is well sub.. I been getting busy today as its creeping up on us real quick now..dam im buzzing for this 1 I tell ya..have a wicked eve ma man and keep it green :yinyang:

• Like 2

Lovely little read this! 

The red nuts and hoes, too an' fro's, pick and mix chro, rasta exposed. 

Mad props to my rasta, real tings happenin' here for sure. (I'm very much so not a rasta, if you couldn't tell. BUT.. I am British, and I will try to fit in, in a polite and mildly offensive British way lol ).

I also sympathise with @Revive in that I would love to learn more, but the shear mind-boggling nature of breeding exposes my lack of knowledge in every attempt I make to dive into the literature. One day I too would love to create my own strain, I'm a creative personality type you see; the desire to monetise on my creativity (not necessarily financially) burns inside me like it does many others. 

So, having said all that, I will now pull up a chair, finish my joint, pipe down and get ready for the show.

Thanks for the effort that's gone into this one Sub, one love and much respect and all that rasta stuff. For real. 

HFM

:skin_up:

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, HullFeltMashematician said:

The red nuts and hoes, too an' fro's, pick and mix chro, rasta exposed. 

lol that did make make laugh man.. 

Maybe one day we will get our head around the breeding malarkey dude.. I find it quite fascinating.. I to am a creative personality type but always like to know the ins and out of everything I put myself up against.. thats where I fall short on this as I dont fully understand all the finer details.. in the future I may find the time to delve into it.. love to create something to call my own.. peace bro :yep:

• Like 2

@HullFeltMashematician :bong: BlessUp ma Lion! Mi feelin' your vibez like when i play mi Bob Marley tunez! Wake de town an tell de people large.ras_shout.gif Nuff respect bredda

! Welcome to the Sub-Tropixx my friend, Irie to have you onboard de boat to Zion! Rastafari kno :yinyang: Enjoy da vibez to da fullest! Can i get you a nice chiiled Red Stripe beer or a Baba Roots served with Chalice while you kick back in yo chair? Got a 'ole-eap pon da menu to come fe mi bredren an sistren dem! Yes-i, yardman stylee :yinyang:

It nar matter what color creed race or religion, we all fit in, drink and smoke smile an talk live & love together! World Unity :yinyang:

Herbs (and UK420) are the healing of nations large.ras_smileleaf.gif Sippa'cup of Ital coz you kno it is vital large.ras_listening_music.gif
large.607760d262847_BabaRoots.jpg

large.ras_cheers.gif

Heartical Vibrations :yinyang:

Raspec HFMassive large.ras_smokin.gif

• Like 6

Updated on 15th April

Subz range of nutes for 2021:

Still got my Cream Of The Crop prize Intense Nutes kickin about from last year, they still smell Irie (good) after a year storage :yep:

large.DSC00360.jpeg

In my culture we drink Irish Sea Moss, super healthy, my plants are drinking Ital (healthy) Liquid Seaweed! Rastafari :bong:

OG Granules are the same as Mycorrhizal Fungi but of superior quality. Neem oil is on stand-by juss in case of heavy bug attacks, like last year, bumboklaat (bad swear word) bugs man!

large.DSC00365.jpeg

Molasses fi mi (for my) compost tea.... This year I&I (me and Jah) growing my own sugar cane, stay tuned for that later in the year :yinyang:

large.DSC00382.jpeg

Really lookin forward to using this neem meal, i was watching Mendo Dope on youtube and see they were usin it, so i got 2kg

large.DSC00383.jpeg

If you can be assed to read it heres what it does:

"Neem Meal is the residue remaining after the neem seed kernels have been crushed to extract the oil. The remaining product is rich in N-P-K and also contains all other nutrients and minerals required for plant growth. Not only does neem provide nutrition, but is also a well know replacement for synthetic pesticides containing anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-pest properties. We recommend using either a Neem meal drench (made from soaking the meal with water for 24hours) or neem oil for your weekly IPM routine.

Neem deters pests on its own by suppressing pests appetite, it also enables the plant to boost it's own natural pest defence system. As a by product of this the plant produces better aromas and flavours than ever before. Neem is also proving to be an effective fungicide for the prevention and control of many plant diseases such as powdery mildew, black spot, down mildew, rust, leaf spot and botrytis. Earthworm populations have been known to increase where Neem Meal has been applied."
A MUSS HAVE :yep:

Now a likkle sumting different, never done it before but others on here have inspired me to try a bit of light deprivation technique. I have decided to cross some of my Red Manderine pollen (when i get it) into my Crytal Candy FV, CCFV is going into light dep arounf mid/late May, one lower branch of CC will get dusted with da Red Jizz to create 'Mandy Candy FV' or 'Red Candy', or even 'Crystal Manderine', what ya tink sounds good?

Heres the plastic box mi go use for light dep.... juss the 1 plant for early smoke and some wicked seeds hopefully.

large.DSC00401.jpeg

Heres the hole ready for Nevilles Haze Early Version, livin large.......

large.DSC00392.jpeg

Mi auto's are commin on well, 3 weeks old now, got a new addition to the Tropixx, Scotch Bonnet chilli, mo fire large.ras_fyahblaze.gif

large.DSC00404.jpeg

Auto Zkittles:

large.DSC00405.jpeg

Auto Runtz XL, taking on a stretch, thats because i moved a light for half a day:

large.DSC00406.jpeg

So mi ago leave with this stunning photo of Male Red Manderine on 15th April, Temp 9c..... Enjoy :yinyang:

large.DSC00400.jpeg

Nuff Love & Respect to each and everyone! large.ras_old_jah_bless.gif

large.pngegg(20).png

Edited by SubSpecies
  • Like 11

I'll sip a baba Chalice out of intrigue! Would you accept in return a magical concoction of acidic fruit and mushrooms to help a brother enjoy this amazing season that is upon us? Spring is a time of life, birth, growth, oneness with nature. The cold air on your skin, the sun in your eyes, and wonderful gifts of nature inside. Or if your not that way inclined, I could offer another gesture of kind; my labour in the garden, for I am young of body and mind. :realcool:

Looking good, excited to see some more light dep! 

Atb

:skin_up:

• Like 2