Cannabis and interaction with other drugs

DANZIG

Caution and drugs are not words that belong together ~ in my vocabulary at least!

I'm a risk taking, danger enjoying drug user. Have been for most of my life now. I have no reason to change, but would not recommend my way to other people.

:smokin:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

:guitar: I smoke solid and have done since my stroke in 1999. Blood pressure down, Heart rate down, Epilepsy controlled. When i tell doctor;s i toke i dont get any adverse comment;s and i tell them all doctor;s. :smoke:

I am a regular smoker and survived a heart attack 10 years ago but continued to smoke neat skunk and tell all medical folk about the benefits I stopped taking the cocktails of drugs prescribed following the HT after 6 months and changed lifestyle gave up tobacco and booze.........Skunk helps maintain my blood pressure, my appetite both for food and sex......now we are told cannabis helps keep diabetes away.....It is criminal to put people on drugs for BP and heart conditions ad infinitum turning them into zombies with really harmful side effects. Beta blockers reduce your exercise tolerance by 50% and knock out your sex drive ................My wife has unstable blood presure and often shoots up but the only drug which works is cannabis..........I am 60 and wife 56 and pray that this herb is legalised soon in uk too as getting hold of this wonder herb is not easy for me living in Richmond london.......

• 3 weeks later...

I have half'd my intake of morphine though toking cannabis, i toke to treat trigeminal neuralgia and some other very painful neurological probs. I can honestly say hand on heart cannabis has saved my life.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

i know these are old posts but:

I didn't clear my Hep C. I'm a non-responder - the only treatment we have in the UK for this hasn't worked for me. A real bastard when for my type, there is an 85% success rate.......

I would have been sectioned if I hadn't had a smoke to cool off and get to sleep while I was on interferon / ribavirin - that or I would have had to take 6 months off work, which would not have been possible.

All I can add is that even having had this for over 20 years, I don't have very much liver damage. Perhaps smoking helps to keep my liver inflamation down, slowing the virus progress.

either THC or CBD is an antiinflammatory.

Hi, I'm totally new to this forum but my other half has recommended that I do a bit more research for my dad into the use of cannabis to help with his parkinson's. As I am completely clueless on most things medical, i figured, this may be the best place to ask for people's opinion.

I have just about convinced my mom that Cannabis definitely has a lot more pros than cons (if any cons at all!), and she has agreed to let me look into more ways of helping my dad as his parkinsons is starting to get a lot worse. Would anyone be able to tell me if there are any particular strains which could be best for him to take (he won't agree to smoking but I can try to make oil and cook with it), or if he should not mix cannabis with his medication at all...

for his Parkinsons, he is using:
Lannsopazole 15mg
Sinemet plus
Epanutin
Requip-Prolib (ropinirole)

As his parkinsons is getting a lot worse, his sleep is being affected because his body is getting really tense at night which is stopping him from moving round, I'm guessing having a bit of cannabis to relax him would help him, but just wanted to make sure (as I saw the quote above) that he doesn't get any reactions which could make him worse off.

would really appreciate your help and advise smokin.gif

parkinson's medication is truly horrible stuff. my dad has it. im hoping to make him some tincture from the CBD mango i am growing.

I note from an earlier post that there is some evidence of cannabis being contraindicated for Parkinson's dopamine replacement drugs.

For this reason I am holding out from accepting my Neurologist's offer of Rasagiline; mainly because the efficacy of Parkinsons drugs is short lived and often leaves one with permanent incurable dyskinesia, which quite frankly I can do without. I already have a notable and increasing tremor and am developing more and more symptoms as time goes by. More accurately, I am discovering that many issues I had and did not understand, are in reality plainly the symptoms of Parkinson's.

I'm gong to have a chat with the Neurologist. He knows I smoke Skunk-weed daily. But I want to discuss this and the contraindications issue with him. I also intend on asking him about daily small doses of Psilocybin and the efficacy of occasional MDMA use to kill the symptoms dead for when going out etc..

I really fucking hate this disease. But I won't go down without a fight...... Had a small bag of secondary buddage and trim turned into a nice gloopy dollop of oil yesterday. I'm going to eat, and see what happens.

• Like 5

Just had my first slice of Timothy Leary Toast. Toast, butter, Cannabis oil (equivalent to c.1/8th, or 3.5 grams of buddage) and marmalade. Breakfast of champions!

So far it has switched off a force 5 of 10 Sciatica attack. Done FA for tremor control or improved motor function though, but it is only my first dose. Got enough for another 3 doses.

Not enough to judge, but worth a shot. Nice high!

Whoa yeah. Must play tunes....... :smokin:

• Like 5

Just had my first slice of Timothy Leary Toast. Toast, butter, Cannabis oil (equivalent to c.1/8th, or 3.5 grams of buddage) and marmalade. Breakfast of champions!

So far it has switched off a force 5 of 10 Sciatica attack. Done FA for tremor control or improved motor function though, but it is only my first dose. Got enough for another 3 doses.

Not enough to judge, but worth a shot. Nice high!

Whoa yeah. Must play tunes....... :smokin:

@@Arnold Layne

Sorry to hear about your Parkinsons Arnold. Good luck with your cannabis toast! Are you in one of the counties holding a truce on cannabis?

(I'm a copper trying to narrow your location down :ninja: )

Edited by Hir
  • Like 1

@@Arnold Layne

Sorry to hear about your Parkinsons Arnold. Good luck with your cannabis toast! Are you in one of the counties holding a truce on cannabis?

(I'm a copper trying to narrow your location down :ninja: )

:rofl:

Thanks, man.

I think our local plod are now so decimated by cuts that percie growing has been "very low priority" for quite some time. Go too.public, or start dealing and they jump hard; but keep it to yourself and I doubt they are even interested.

I stayed stoned as a bast'd for a good twelve hours, could barely talk or move for most of yesterday. Next dose will be considerably smaller. Probably a quarter of yesterday's dose.

• 3 weeks later...

Iv been taking cannabis oil along side my chemotherapy and I have a brain tumour I got admitted to hospital 2 days ago because I started twiching during the night which doctors think may have been mini seizures could this of happen because of a reaction with my chemotherapy which is eptopside I will ask my consultant on Tuesday but I can't see him till Tuesday just wondered if anyone could advise me

Edited by help4btumour

I doubt the oil would make you twitch... first Ive heard of it.

If you are asking if the chemo could be responsible for the twitch.... I could easily see that, it is a poison of sorts no ? :unsure:

I could see a poison making you twitch easily as a side effect..

sorry I couldn't be more help..if any

Edited by gb1
  • Like 1

Guest Theokoles

I have half'd my intake of morphine though toking cannabis, i toke to treat trigeminal neuralgia and some other very painful neurological probs. I can honestly say hand on heart cannabis has saved my life.

Hi fets, can i ask what kind of TN you have is it the type 1 or 2, and are there any triggers or times its worse etc, also have you tried meds such as gabapentin with any success?

Cheers.

• 1 year later...

• The effects on the cardiovascular system are varied and cannot be reliably predicted. While this may be of minor importance to a healthy person there may be a risk in the presence of significant hypertension or ischaemic heart disease.

That's what I have so it was a downer to read the above- but then I read Arnold's comments what his cardiologist said and it took the edge off it a bit

• 3 weeks later...

@Arnold Layne

So sorry to hear about PD. It sucks. Still in limbo land after 14 years of symptoms that all point to early onset Parkinson's. I'm on my own with this as have had naff all help from the so called medical professionals; over the years have been prescribed drugs that I can't tolerate, made things worse, or put my life at risk. I'm booked in for therapy counselling again as been struggling to look after myself as progression has ramped up. Nausea, lack of appetite, sun downing (which was ridiculous; almost a month with hardly any sleep), tremors, freezing, stiffness, suspected seizures, dizziness, balance problems, pain and fatigue, spasticity to mention just a few of the symptoms.

I've noticed a lot of difference between strains, but then I've been relying on deals where I often haven't a clue as to what strain they are. Wish I knew what I had last as was in a pretty bad way until my first dose.... Almost every ailment melted away within moments and all was right with the world :) 

I find I'm best sticking to low doses with a few days off every now and then. Trying to maintain steady dopamine levels without bulding up a tolerance. Looking into diet and trying to get some regular exercise. Getting myself some decent organic, lactose free probiotics when I get paid as have a 'leaky gut'

Just got myself a grow started and will be keeping a diary.

In one way I'm kind of glad of the fact that I don't have a diagnosis as I know a lot of the meds offered for PD don't sound nice at all and offer little relief.

Hope you find something to suit!

• Like 4