Spray terpenes post harvest

JPE1234

My bud is now storing in mason jars (has been for 7 days) and the jars as a whole smell nice - however the individual buds seem to have lost their smell. I've sampled the trim and it gives the effect, but the taste is lacking. Would spray on terpenes help the smell/flavour?

Would these issues have been caused in the drying phase or somewhere in the growth/flower phase? I think I over-dried them a little bit and they're currently sitting with 62% Bovedas, but really not sure the dank smell is goign to return.

Edited by JPE1234
  • Like 1

What ever you spray on your weed, that’s what it’ll taste of, don’t do it

7 days is not enough time for the cure to bring out the flavours, @ 3 weeks there should be a noticeable difference 

• Like 3

If the smell has gone for good it'll be because of drying issues, but 7 days is too early to say. It might come back with the cure.

e2a: I've ruined the taste/smell once by drying too quickly, it was very noticeably bland and hay-like. 

Edited by silvester growdrobe
  • Like 2

If you used a bowl trimmer and dried so fast that’s why no smell . Def don’t spray terpenes on them . 

• Like 7

No bud dried properly is ready for the jars in 7 days. You done goofed the drying, thats why it smells of nothing.

• Like 9

Low and slow. I wont even check the flowers until day 10, when I see they'll need another 3-5 days. 18C or cooler (takes longer), and around 60% RH after a few days at 50%. 

Then brown bags post trim for a day or 2. Then glass jars with 62% Bovedas.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, JPE1234 said:

My bud is now storing in mason jars (has been for 7 days) and the jars as a whole smell nice - however the individual buds seem to have lost their smell. I've sampled the trim and it gives the effect, but the taste is lacking. Would spray on terpenes help the smell/flavour?

Would these issues have been caused in the drying phase or somewhere in the growth/flower phase? I think I over-dried them a little bit and they're currently sitting with 62% Bovedas, but really not sure the dank smell is goign to return.

I definitely over dried before .

• Like 1

Any techniques for equalising your moisture levels once jarred mine are on the side of slightly too dry (easy to crumble with your fingers) 

It's been suggested I add a bit of freshly cut bud from my growing plants and stick that in the jar to permeate through the dry flowers? 

Or shall I just leave it move on and make sure the next lot get put in jars before getting over dry. 

Thanks 

If you have a boveda this would do but yeah a damp bud will moisten the others. 

I wouldn't put it in straight off the plant. Give the bud a wet trim andeave it on the side for a night then put it in the jar. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Greenthumbgardener said:

Any techniques for equalising your moisture levels once jarred mine are on the side of slightly too dry (easy to crumble with your fingers) 

It's been suggested I add a bit of freshly cut bud from my growing plants and stick that in the jar to permeate through the dry flowers? 

Or shall I just leave it move on and make sure the next lot get put in jars before getting over dry. 

Thanks 

Boveda one jar, but not the other. Come back in 2 weeks and smell both. If you still use bovedas after that I'll be very surprised.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, FarmerPalmersNT said:

Boveda one jar, but not the other. Come back in 2 weeks and smell both. If you still use bovedas after that I'll be very surprised.

On day 1 on jarring, the RH in the jar was in the 40s.

Now it's in the late 50s/early 60s.

What are you suggesting?