It's not just a washing up bowl...

stu914

Just now, badbillybob said:

, i cant remember tho.sorry

No probs, I thought I was seeing things at first, just glad a couple of others have had the same experience...:yep:

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

The bowl is brought back to life...

I've tweaked a few things and frankenstein is ready to take clones.

Downsized the pots to fit and re-jigged the watering system, this should bring them on nicely before re-potting into mesh pots ready for flowering.

large.SSCN1294.JPG   

This the measure and drain pipe,

each black line is 4 ltrs.                                   Bog standard hose ring around the rim with three feed lines across

one spout into each pot, offset to allow for the plant stems.

large.SSCN1293.JPGlarge.SSCN1291.JPGlarge.SSCN1290.JPG

This is a Moneybush plant topped to leave four main stems, four cuttings on each. I intend to take twelve, selecting the best nine to grow on.

Depending on how these perform will decide if I bonsai this mum.

large.6122249f7a2c3_SSCN1234(1).JPGlarge.SSCN1259.JPGlarge.SSCN1260.JPGlarge.SSCN1292.JPG

Still got about 6/7 weeks before the flower room is empty which is ample time for these to establish and be flowered immediately they go in.

:oldtoker:

• Like 9

Here's what's left of mum after I took 12 cuttings today, she'll be tidied up later.

large.SSCN1303.JPG

12 fit nicely into this small tray which fits the prop.

large.SSCN1301.JPG

I take very small cuttings and trim ends of leaves as the plant 

cannot support top growth without roots.

large.SSCN1300.JPG

A lot of folk take large cuttings to try and cut veg time but I've found they take longer to root,

once these small one's have roots they soon take off and overtake the larger ones.

• Like 10

what strain is the mum mate, out of interest?

doh just re read it, moneybush, any good? i presume it is before you are running it again?

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, badbillybob said:

i presume it is before you are running it again?

Not tried this one before but had the seeds and wanted to do a clone run in the new system.

Mixed strains just don't work in an all in one hydro as I've found out on the last couple of grows, everything goes nuts and out of control.

Chuffed to bits with the hydro system and room though, if anything it's fecking turbo charged and grows so fast

I'm having a hard time keeping up.

No deficiencies or sign of the dreaded root rot...just goes to show what a huge feck-off gap does...:wassnnme:

:yep:

Edited by stu914
Tidy up
  • Like 3

On 25/08/2021 at 8:53 AM, stu914 said:

just goes to show what a huge feck-off gap does...:wassnnme:

:yep:

you say potatoe, i say potatoe lol

• Like 1

Nice one @stu914 like McMatey said earlier, you're getting the hang of this pic posting lark now - putting us all to shame with some quality blue peter builds here :yep:

• Like 3