It's not just a washing up bowl...

stu914

1 hour ago, badbillybob said:

ive got nothing out of the bottom of the pots at all?

Thats odd mate, mine are showing now...I can only think of is yours are air-pruning...tip one out and have a look?

Mine are suspended above dwc with heater and airstone, perhaps that's the difference...must be 100% humidity in there.

I would try either:-  spreader mat on the table...or...place the mesh pots inside solid ones just to get them going.

large.SSCN0976.JPG

I don't want this to fail on ya bud, you've had enough grief over the last few months...

• Like 3

ok mate, ive got the spreader mat down anyway, i will go and dig one up and see if its grown any roots since last weds/thursday, 

i'll get some pics. 

i did think about just taking the tray out, removing the drippers and going dwc on them, but i havnt.

here they are, brace yerself, they look shyte. the pump was doing its dailty run when i was in there, so i got sokme pics, plenty of flow out the bottom of the netpot, but cubes are soaked again. i bent the feeders even further downwards.

they have got roots outside the cube, but i think these are maybe beyond saving to be perfectly honest

i was thinking that if i just cracked the seeds like the aerocloner, and put them in here, they shouldnt get saturated, like the cube ones are just now. what you think, worth a try or persevere with these turkeys?large.7.JPGlarge.6.JPGlarge.3.JPGlarge.2.JPGlarge.1.JPG

ive got a back up plan in action tho, i got my old aero cloner out and cracked some seeds, put them in there this morning, see how they go

large.5.JPGlarge.4.JPG

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 4

I put the netpots in plastic pint glasses (dirt cheap from b&m) blacked out with strips of black insulation tape. The glass provides a nice humid space for the roots to grow out of the netpot. You can up end a clear glass on top as a humidity dome.

large.607ddb1c10304_pintglasses.JPG

Edited by Geo
added pic
  • Like 2

yep, definitely, same as mine mate, you can tell by the abrupt end to the roots eh?

thats 11 days in here now..................,im done................ the centre 2 have less roots on them than i started with......great  :).

the one on the left looks like its done some growing , not sure why its so special it was in the same tray  as the others, ohwellhowsadnevermind

mine are bin liners now, i got fed up wasting money on electric for them, bah!  fuckiiiiiiiitttttlarge.1.JPG

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 2

BIZARRE...:eek:

Save starting a new thread...

This is Generals Daughter, one of several different strains in the system and the only one doing this...

large.SSCN1134.JPG.f83df913e1070fee5b07e80dc1febbd3.JPG

Look closely, there are pistils growing from the junction where the leaf fingers meet on the petiole...never seen this on any plant I've ever grown.

What's more I've just been in this morning and found leaves growing from the centre of some buds...WTF is going on?

As already said, the other 5 strains are growing normally 4 weeks into 12/12.

Any ideas?

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, stu914 said:

Look closely, there are pistils growing from the junction where the leaf fingers meet on the petiole...never seen this on any plant I've ever grown.

Had it on Tangie and Disco Biscuit before now! I read in a DJ short book that its something that comes from Afghan lines, there was an illustration that showed buds growing all up the petioles and the centre of the leaf, I've only ever seen pictures online of it once.

1 hour ago, stu914 said:

What's more I've just been in this morning and found leaves growing from the centre of some buds...WTF is going on?

now that is weird lol

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, GSZZ said:

now that is weird

Tell me about it...!!

Thanks for looking in mate I value your opinion...I'l get some pics up later of the weirdo buds.

If any of the other strains had these peculiar growths I would be looking elsewhere, but my set-up is pretty much spot on so I'm a bit lost on this one.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stu914 said:

I'll run with it and see what happens, could be fun...lol

default_thumbsup.gif

Mutants often make killer smokes.

ive had the pistils growing out of the petiole before too, a couple of times. once they turned into mini bud-lets when i left them.

i cant remember how it smoked, i think i binned the leaf buds 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

ive had the pistils growing out of the petiole before too,

Can you remember the strain Billy? I hope this one's a bit special as it's the only survivor out of ten starters.

Bit disappointing not to have a choice but she has a nice structure and reminds me of the G13 I lost some years ago, looks very promising.

errrrrrr..... i cant remember what i had for breakfast mate...

it wasnt g13 though, cos ive never grown g13.....

im struggling to remember what it was to be honest, hmmmm let me think...... might have been an og kush, it was a few years ago but og kush rings a bell. The other one that did it, i cant remember tho.sorry

• Like 2