my plants are dieing

bongme

I dunno how well this would work for organic growing, but I have found that adding something like oxyplus (17% hydrogen peroxide) to nutrient feeds on NTF and pots + perlite will help root rot, as well as increasing oxygen around the roots.

Also, have you mixed in plenty of perlite and clay balls into your soil mixture so that its aeriating properly?

Otherwise mate, if the roots are dying, you could always take cuttings from the plants - chop the top growing shoot, as its the most vigorous.That way, it sets you back a few weeks but you don't lose your genetic stock. Just pray the rot has not made its way up the stem

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bongme

• oldtimer1

• Mr Bucket

• SpaceCadet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey bud pi here

lets see

ya got small plants with weak root system in an overlarge pot in a dome of some sort. leaves yellowin an fallin off.....

definitely overwatering imo. with a dome on they cant transpire and use water like they should and you are probably using enuf water to wet the pot but too much water for the plant. the roots must have that wet/ dry cycle to grow.

water comsumption will also depend on how much growth you have. if you have a 1k light you will use more water than say a 40w floro.

- i would remove the healthy plants from the dome. should be NO need for a dome if you have healthy plants.

-i would repot into smaller pots

-i would not go by what the top soil looks like when watering but i would look at 3 things

..... the weight of your pot (pick it up an learn the feel of it when its dry)

..... watch what yur leaves are doing when the pot is dry vs when it is wet

.... look at the side of your rootball to see if it so dry that it has shrunk away from the pot.

i go by both the weight of my pot as well as the leaves. it the pot feels dry but the leaves are NOT drooping than it prob can go a bit longer. if the soil is receding away from the pot than you should water to avoind damaging the perimeter roots.

for me the best time is when i first notice that the leaves are droopin and the pots feel a bit on the light side.

for that size plant you should not be watering more than say 250ml per every 3 days or so.

hopes this helps

... dont feel bad we all over watered at times.

piout

My Webpage ;)lol:P:D

Hey Bongme

Ive a word version of

THE MARIJUANA GROWER'S GUIDE

by Mel Frank and Ed Rosenthal

i can send it to you no probs, its only a small file

Let me know ;)

oops just checked the date on this threas, and it seems you were sorted months ago:rolleyes:

hi Greenies

Thank you for the offers here and in privet, but as blessedherb said that was a while back lol, now i have grow on the go and i have folks helping me out at all times in PM, So once again thank you for your kind offers that is great.

Grow forth my son :P

Bongme :ninja: