Thoughts on how to start

Max99

I've not had chance to try the new one yet but my mate tried it and said it was fine. I'll have a sample tonight after work. 

Drinking it (watered down) will make the effects last longer. Since I've started using it I'm regularly having 12 hour sleeps which isn't like me at all. But hey its winter, pubs are shut, what better place to be than in bed :yawn:

Edited by KC
Predictive text errors

3 minutes ago, KC said:

I've not had chance to try the new one yet but my mate tried it and said it was fine. I'll have a sample tonight after work. 

Drinking it (watered down) will make the effects last longer. Since I've started using it I'm regularly having 12 hour sleeps which isn't like me at all. But hey its winter, pubs are shut, what better place to be than in bed :yawn:

Can't argue with that logic.

• Like 1

How did you get on with your tinctures?

Oh i tried my new tincture last night with the food grade ethanol and it's fine. Buying no more Spirytus now, got 2 bottles to use then i'm sticking with the cheap stuff. It's a bargain!!!!! 

• Like 2

Really @KC that food grade good? I'll grab some of that is so much cheaper...

What recipe you go in at ?

Anyone's got any dark bottles to store?

• Like 1

@KC, Haven't tried the tinctures yet. Probably try at the weekend. That's great news about the food grade ethanol. I made a note of the company you use. Did you try it straight in the mouth or via large G&T? :beer:

• Like 1

@growinggold  Does exactly what the Spirytus does, only i paid 122quid for 2 ltrs, my mate paid under a 100 for 5ltrs. I can't see how it can be much different, they're both undenatured ethanol, one is 95% and the cheap one is 96%.

I used 1.2ltrs to 58g. There was 1.25oz of critical sour, about 3.5g of some fluffy heavy grapefruit and the rest was made up from sexbud. I just keep my bottles in a dark cupboard mate. 

@Max99 I don't like dripping it mate, it burns lol I did have a double Gin and a bitter lemon but i might try it without the extra alcohol tonight, shouldn't really need it. 

• Like 2

Is that for a ltr @HippyHair ? 

I looked loads of places but everything had been denatured. Basically what we want is grain alcohol or ethyl alcohol. The one i'm getting works out about the same price is that's a ltr 

Edited by KC
i just asked the same question, sorry ....been vaping new weed
  • Like 1

I paid £30.50 for 1/2 litre of Spirytus which makes the food grade ethanol less than a third of the price. If it doesn't affect the flavour - I intend to imbibe it under my tongue - then it's one hell of a saving.

Edited by Max99
  • Like 1

So I tried the tincture made from AK47 (100% CBD legal variety) last night. Took one loaded dropper (can only seem to fill halfway up no matter how I squeeze) at 6:35 pm after tea. @KC you were right about it burning under the tongue - ouch! my skin still feels rough there this morning. Anyway there was definitely a feeling of relaxation after about 20 mins. I waited 50 minutes and then took another dropper load - in some fruit juice this time (not tongueing it again). About half an hour later I was laughing and joking with my son about this shit and that, and I have to say that despite the lack of THC, the experience was surprisingly in-my-face which I really didn't expect. 

@Firstimegrower_420 thanks for the recommendation, this was exactly the kind of effect I was looking for.

Downside was I went to sleep at 9:30 and woke up at 2:30 with the effect very much at its tail end. I didn't get any decent sleep after that. I think taking 2 dropper loads an hour before bed might just do the trick. We'll see. Planning to test the Skywalker tincture on Saturday. I initially thought that this strain was quite high in CBD but I since discovered it's only 1%. Still it's supposed to be great for sleeping and the high is supposed to be relaxed and mood boosting so we'll see how that plays out. Thanks again to everyone for your help. If these flowers work out, I'll not miss the alcohol and finally sleep through the night once in a while.

• Like 5