Thoughts on how to start

Max99

18 hours ago, Wacky Wardrobe said:

Apparently some get the Tom Tits!

i do from fermented food, it's a fucker because i love sauerkraut :crybaby:

• Like 1

On 01/02/2021 at 9:04 PM, Firstimegrower_420 said:

I bought some CBD flower from a UK shop and didn't know what to expect from it, I read so much about the benefits it brings without the head fucks weed can give. I used the mighty vape and tried the vanilla kush, strawberry kush and AK47. Surprisingly it was quite relaxing and no a bad taste. It kinda put me in my own relaxed world which I found strange as I wasn't stoned, but my prefrence is a nice indica strain full of thc and I wouldnt personally grow CBD as its freely available and you can get it without breaking the law.

Quick question @Firstimegrower_420, which of the 3 CBD flowers gave you the best relaxed world? Looking to order so wondered if you had a preference. Many thanks. 

26 minutes ago, Max99 said:

Quick question @Firstimegrower_420, which of the 3 CBD flowers gave you the best relaxed world? Looking to order so wondered if you had a preference. Many thanks. 

I liked the AK47 as it was 18% CBD the vanilla kush was as little as 8% but nice in the vape and strawberry im no sure of. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Firstimegrower_420 said:

I liked the AK47 as it was 18% CBD the vanilla kush was as little as 8% but nice in the vape and strawberry im no sure of. 

Had a look at these and they look well worth a try. Might be a crazy question but they're described as tea flowers. Does it not make a difference? I'm guessing not but did you ever try any as a tea?

27 minutes ago, Max99 said:

Had a look at these and they look well worth a try. Might be a crazy question but they're described as tea flowers. Does it not make a difference? I'm guessing not but did you ever try any as a tea?

lol I never gave the tea flower much thought. It looks like weed, gave the % of CBD in the bud and tasted alright in the vape. Maybe Tea might work but im a coffee drinker lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Firstimegrower_420 said:

lol I never gave the tea flower much thought. It looks like weed, gave the % of CBD in the bud and tasted alright in the vape. Maybe Tea might work but im a coffee drinker lol

I like that! Figured I might have a go at tincturing it, see what happens. Got nothing to lose, right?

High levels of THC works on nausea for me, CBD doesn't but it does have some benefits and smallish doses with THC can combine to help your mental state. CBD does work on some things and THC only works on others so a combination is great. If you want to test it out you can buy online CBD hemp tea which is usually %15-20 cbd and try a bit out and work out your mixture 

Dinafem do some higher CBD strains but if the cbd/thc is wrong for you you've grown a plant not any use

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nick Berry said:

High levels of THC works on nausea for me, CBD doesn't but it does have some benefits and smallish doses with THC can combine to help your mental state. CBD does work on some things and THC only works on others so a combination is great. If you want to test it out you can buy online CBD hemp tea which is usually %15-20 cbd and try a bit out and work out your mixture 

Dinafem do some higher CBD strains but if the cbd/thc is wrong for you you've grown a plant not any use

Thanks Nick, I'm thinking of trying a pure CBD and a medium level THC and see how that goes. In my twenties/thirties it was always baccy and resin rollups or resin on a pin-punctured coke tin. Twenty years later, I haven't got a clue!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Max99 said:

Thanks Nick, I'm thinking of trying a pure CBD and a medium level THC and see how that goes. In my twenties/thirties it was always baccy and resin rollups or resin on a pin-punctured coke tin. Twenty years later, I haven't got a clue!

I tried pure CBD last thing at night but tried mixing it with high THC which was for me the best combination. Hopefully you'll find what works best for yourself.

Didn't lib Dems plan to only allow CBD/THC bands? Which was great if you found CBD beneficial but if you want only THC you were basically fucked. Which would have been a step forward to how it is currently

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nick Berry said:

I tried pure CBD last thing at night but tried mixing it with high THC which was for me the best combination. Hopefully you'll find what works best for yourself.

Didn't lib Dems plan to only allow CBD/THC bands? Which was great if you found CBD beneficial but if you want only THC you were basically fucked. Which would have been a step forward to how it is currently

Is that a ‘send-you-off-to-sleep cocktail? Sounds like you know what you’re doing. I’ve ordered some legit CBD flower as recommended on here and also some mid-level CBD/THC combination that is supposedly good for relaxation. May just have thrown a chunk of crypto vouchers away, we’ll see! Also splashed out on some super strength polish spirit plus some dropper bottles etc... and I’m going to have myself a science party in the kitchen soon. If anything turns up that is.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Max99 said:

Is that a ‘send-you-off-to-sleep cocktail? Sounds like you know what you’re doing. I’ve ordered some legit CBD flower as recommended on here and also some mid-level CBD/THC combination that is supposedly good for relaxation. May just have thrown a chunk of crypto vouchers away, we’ll see! Also splashed out on some super strength polish spirit plus some dropper bottles etc... and I’m going to have myself a science party in the kitchen soon. If anything turns up that is.

No I didn't find it has any affect on the sleep.

The American ones sell pretty much all variations drops, shatter, vape and smoking flowers. 

It's a growth industry the police did raid a few CBD sellers but then couldn't be bothered

• Like 1

On 01/02/2021 at 8:27 PM, Wacky Wardrobe said:

Hey Max. I would just like to add my tuppence worth on the probiotics thing here.

A few years ago I had a real problem with reflux and bloating type symptoms. For as long as I can remember I used to suffer mild symptoms that the odd Rennie tablet would take care of but this was nothing like as mild or occasional. Got checked out by the doctors. Had cameras inserted both ends and various stool samples etc. All to no avail. I was put on proton pump inhibitors (Omeprazol type drugs). They worked and held it under control. Kind of.

When I was coming to the end of a course of my prescription I started taking kefir (a probiotic drink) an ex had been using for years for a gall bladder thing.

I did some reading around this and the theory goes that your guts are supposed to be acid and inhabited by good acid loving microbes. The bloating and reflux are caused by gas produced by the wrong kind of microbes displacing your intestinal acid. What the drugs do is switch off the body's acid production and thereby relieve the symptoms.

What probiotics do is get your microbes back into a healthy balance.

It seems counterintuitive but you need to increase your acidity!

Kefir does this with a potent symbiotic colony of something like thirty different kinds of yeasts and bacteria that overpopulate the bad microbes. Yakult has one bacteria strain by comparison.

You can buy kefir in supermarkets these days but my advice is to buy a culture (kefir grains) on ebay and make your own. It's supposed to be much more potent with a wider array of microbes than the commercial stuff.

It's incredibly simple to make. I produce a nuttella jar's worth every day with no more than a glass of milk, a coffee jar and a sieve. Just ferment it on the worktop.

It's my top tip for the symptoms you describe. I no longer use any kind of antacid.

If you want any more info there's tons online or I'm happy to give tips.

ATB

I ordered a litre of Biotiful kefir cow's milk today. I did a lot of searching and it is supposed to be one of the best brands available on the shelves. Has 40+ bacteria strains and billions of cultures etc... etc... If I get positive results then I'll launch into home-production. The ppis don't seem to do anything and long-term use is a cause of further problems down the road. Thanks again for the tip!

Thought I should document my attempts at creating 2 tinctures for anyone else thinking about it or to provide a good laugh for those more experienced.

Firstly, this is a smelly operation, even decarboning inside sealed Mason Jars. It's been a long time since I've come across that heady smell although my son whose currently on forced home study from Uni says the place now smells just like his Uni halls from last year.

To start, I ground up - wife's hand mixer attachment that worked very well - a pure CBD (AK47) flower (1/8th ounce) and a mid-level THC/CBD mix called Skywalker (also 1/8th ounce). These ground flowers then went into separate Mason jars and into the oven for 45 mins at 110C which I think is about 225F. I noticed that the AK47 turned much browner than the Skywalker which remained quite green. Once baked I let these cool off and then added 90ml of Spirytus Duch Puszczy a 95% ABV spirit. From my online research that level of alcohol should make for a relatively mild tincture. Next I lidded the Mason jars and shook them every 30 mins or so (for about a minute at a time) until bedtime.

This morning - after a couple of minutes of shaking (the jars, not me) - I filtered out the flower through muslin cloth over a measuring jug. Next I funneled the tincture into 30ml brown glass dropper bottles from Amazon. Lost approx 10-20ml in the transfer from jars to bottles - I think some stayed in the flower. Stuck the bottles in the cupboard and that's it!

I'll probably try the CBD first, although not sure when or exactly how much to put under my tongue. Thoughts welcome.

Thanks for all the advice and tips etc... from everyone. I'll let you know how it goes.

You'll always lose a bit of liquid, the flowers do hold a bit and after bottling I notice it drops a bit too. 

I just made tincture last night, I used 2oz of bud to 1.2ltrs, I take 10ml but I'm a habitual user and an alkie. 

You can drop it on the tongue for fast effect but I prefer drinking it as it gets metabolised by the liver. I think when you drop it under the tongue it goes into bloodstream, hence it being quicker. 

Obviously I water it down (usually gin and tonic) 

Of you get into tinctures check out liquid essesces, they do everclear cheaper than spirytus and they do food grade ethanol 96% even cheaper than that 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KC said:

You'll always lose a bit of liquid, the flowers do hold a bit and after bottling I notice it drops a bit too. 

I just made tincture last night, I used 2oz of bud to 1.2ltrs, I take 10ml but I'm a habitual user and an alkie. 

You can drop it on the tongue for fast effect but I prefer drinking it as it gets metabolised by the liver. I think when you drop it under the tongue it goes into bloodstream, hence it being quicker. 

Obviously I water it down (usually gin and tonic) 

Of you get into tinctures check out liquid essesces, they do everclear cheaper than spirytus and they do food grade ethanol 96% even cheaper than that 

Thanks for the tips. The spirytus was quite expensive, I'll checkout your suggestions if I continue with the tinctures. Edit: Just had a quick look - Everclear was a bit cheaper but not much. Food grade ethanol is way cheaper - and just as good in your opinion? 

I haven't touched cannabis in 20 years so I'll be taking it slow. 10ml sounds like quite a bolt. Think I'll try one dropper full at a time. I figured that drinking or under the tongue would both get metabolised by the liver, just the tongue way is a more direct entry into the bloodstream, but I'm learning as I go, so appreciate you sharing your experience. I wanted a speedy result so I could adjust the dose easily.

Edited by Max99
  • Like 1