Thoughts on how to start

Max99

29 minutes ago, Max99 said:

Would you give them a try or happy with vaping? I have to say that the tincture method does make it all seem a bit medicinal/lacking in excitement, but it does offer huge benefits for me. I'd love to hear anyone else's thoughts?

I'm an old daily smoker. Had a few years smoking only during holidays, but came back to daily use because of insomnia. But I wasn't a real heavy smoker. 3-4 joints a day max, mostly in the evening, and often less. So now, vaping is plenty enough for me. Using a small Dynavap VapCap, mostly microdosing, I think I consume roughly 0.1 mg/day (it makes something like 3 sessions), and a little bit more during weekend. It gets me high enough, and most important, I fall asleep way faster than with joints, as tobacco acted as a stimulant. Really sleeping like a baby now. Going from joints to vape is the best thing I've done these last months.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

To the OP, it would seem like a good idea to get outdoors and find a few spots to grow some plants. Plenty of strains available, we even have a part of this forum dedicated to geurrilla growing, and the extra outdoor activity is exactly what you need. Try to improve your diet (I know I'm guilty of eating rubbish), and come October, you should be coming home with bushels of fine outdoor organic flowers. 

As for the way to take it with existing health conditions, keep it simple as dry herb vape. Vapes like the CraftyPlus can heat the herb from all sides without burning, giving you instant relief whatever the strain. You can play with ethanol and turning your kitchen into a lab with decarbing and evapourating, but it's easier, cheaper, faster and safer to just vape flower. 

Good luck. :yep:

Sage words, Slippy One, and I take them on board, although given the current restrictions on movement and the fact I live in a town, I'm not sure how easy it would be for me to develop an outdoor crop. I do take regular walks and also try to fit in at least 5 lots of 30 mins a day - sometimes fail, but mostly manage - on an exercise bike for the old ticker. Simple is good, I agree, and decarbing and so on does sound like a science class bound to horribly wrong. Then again, one science experiment could provide me with months' worth - maybe even longer - of easily measured, easily stored, odourless (as in no smoke/vapour etc...) product. I'm in two minds. It seems everyone has their preference which is how it should be. May even try a bit of the legal CBD oil and see if that helps first. Thank you for your useful thoughts, it seems the more I learn the less I know what to do. Loving this forum though. So used to being on forums where people can't wait to knock others down, where this site is anything but - so far.   

• Like 1

Just now, Max99 said:

SMay even try a bit of the legal CBD oil and see if that helps first. 

1st thing to do IMHO. If it suits you, it's a no worry way. If it doesn't, then you'll have to try the illegal stuff...

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, purepotstill said:

I'm an old daily smoker. Had a few years smoking only during holidays, but came back to daily use because of insomnia. But I wasn't a real heavy smoker. 3-4 joints a day max, mostly in the evening, and often less. So now, vaping is plenty enough for me. Using a small Dynavap VapCap, mostly microdosing, I think I consume roughly 0.1 mg/day (it makes something like 3 sessions), and a little bit more during weekend. It gets me high enough, and most important, I fall asleep way faster than with joints, as tobacco acted as a stimulant. Really sleeping like a baby now. Going from joints to vape is the best thing I've done these last months.

After Slippy One's input, I am torn between vaping and tincture. I really could use better quality sleep and what you describe sounds like just what I'm after. While the thought of the kitchen prep to decarb etc... the flower to make a tincture sounds problematic, I did take a quick look at the number of vaping devices on the market and that seems like a whole new problem. 

• Like 1

Just now, purepotstill said:

1st thing to do IMHO. If it suits you, it's a no worry way. If it doesn't, then you'll have to try the illegal stuff...

Hard to argue with that wisdom. Any oil recommendations? Am I right in thinking that the stuff that's legal now was the same oil that poor mother needed but wasn't allowed on NHS so had to get it from Canada? 

3 hours ago, Max99 said:

Hi Firstimegrower_420, I'm still wavering on trying some legal CBD oil - seems easier to take/manage dose than the flower. Did vaping the flower help you sleep? 

Hi bud, I didnt try it for sleeping and just tried it during the day thinking im going nowhere for an hour or two and i found it relaxing. Its not my preferred smoke but I have read reviews for it helping with sleep. 

• Like 1

@Max99  raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar  is great for acid reflux and a bunch of other things.

I drink a hot drink of apple cider vinegar n honey with a little water every night . 

I call it pipe cleaner , clears your chest n throat right out 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Firstimegrower_420 said:

Hi bud, I didnt try it for sleeping and just tried it during the day thinking im going nowhere for an hour or two and i found it relaxing. Its not my preferred smoke but I have read reviews for it helping with sleep. 

Thanks for this. I've just spent an hour reading medical articles regarding the interaction of my blood thinner (clopidogrel also known as Plavix) with CBD and THC. It's enough to make me scream blue murder. Even the legal stuff supposedly fucks with my meds. Not sure where I go from here.

1 minute ago, FergusGrowman said:

@Max99  raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar  is great for acid reflux and a bunch of other things.

I drink a hot drink of apple cider vinegar n honey with a little water every night . 

I call it pipe cleaner , clears your chest n throat right out 

Hey Fergus, I've heard that cider vinegar is good. It's on my list of 'still to trys' but I will get round to it in the next few weeks assuming my current treatments don't pan out. Thanks for the tip. 

• Like 1

Just now, Max99 said:

I've heard that cider vinegar is good

There's that acid again!

On the kefir thing. It can take a while for your system to get used to it. A couple of weeks maybe. You might get a little constipated at first. Apparently some get the Tom Tits!

If you buy a small starter culture it takes awhile to get acclimatised and build up quantity so you kind of ease yourself in. Getting a nice consistency takes a wee while. Don't be put off with wishy washy stuff at first.

If nothing else and it doesn't help it's very nutritious and beneficial anyway.

ATB

• Like 1

@Max99 no worries mate !

Cayenne pepper is another one good for blood flow and supposedly good for the heart. Best checking with doctor first with the different pills you're taking.

Medicinal mushrooms are another great health booster , reishi , turkey tail , lions mane... Many more

With the booze side of things you'd be better off growing a 1:1 ratio cbd/THC strain and a normal indica strain , roll little 1 skinner puries and just take couple tokes at a time. Or if you're worried about getting too stoned grow a high cbd strain and always have a joint of that at the ready to puff on to bring you back down 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Wacky Wardrobe said:

There's that acid again!

On the kefir thing. It can take a while for your system to get used to it. A couple of weeks maybe. You might get a little constipated at first. Apparently some get the Tom Tits!

If you buy a small starter culture it takes awhile to get acclimatised and build up quantity so you kind of ease yourself in. Getting a nice consistency takes a wee while. Don't be put off with wishy washy stuff at first.

If nothing else and it doesn't help it's very nutritious and beneficial anyway.

ATB

Thanks for the heads up, Wacky. Still investigating a decent shop bought product to try first, see how I go with that.

17 hours ago, FergusGrowman said:

@Max99 no worries mate !

Cayenne pepper is another one good for blood flow and supposedly good for the heart. Best checking with doctor first with the different pills you're taking.

Medicinal mushrooms are another great health booster , reishi , turkey tail , lions mane... Many more

With the booze side of things you'd be better off growing a 1:1 ratio cbd/THC strain and a normal indica strain , roll little 1 skinner puries and just take couple tokes at a time. Or if you're worried about getting too stoned grow a high cbd strain and always have a joint of that at the ready to puff on to bring you back down 

I'll look into the pepper, not one I've heard before. Thanks.

• Like 1