The Next level - Dry herb Vapes

zeroG

Just now, Oldbear said:

can I ask for a brief review from you brother?

Dab-level intensity from flower

Function over form

No vape easier to clean

Ritual as enjoyable as the effect

Too brief? 

• Like 5

So we're here once again. The song title should give you a hint....:skin_up:I just linked the truncated version, so 3 no minute intro, just the Live in LA version...

JoOoooOy :D doooo do di dooo, dooowap....oooOOoo oo.... :D my new coil arrived today!!! No customs django this time, warranty replacement on the docket....stingAling kaaaaAAAA CHING!!!!!! - Arriving like a rocket :D

...and PAaaaaAaAAAannnnNNN.....:thumbdown::( ....EEEEEE remains the prevalent display code...i took a video and sent it to them today, but it's Friday lol so no one looks till monday...

I am resigned to it now. My birthday came and went, like the wind, again, as did my glass and vape. Like a torrent of temptation, to be prised from my very desperate grasp, just before a proper purchase...and it slipped passively away. without fight or fuss...

It sems as though I thought it was the coil, but it appears that it isnt, as this new coil is unlikely to be faulty too. All the connections are good, or the ones they ask you to check are anyway , inside the PID...

Joy and Pain..I like sunshine and rain.

Or better still snow :afro:

:(

I would open it up again and slide off the all spade connectors and push them back on again  (1 at a time so you don't get them mixed up) as I think, odds are, one of them has moved in transit.

• Like 3

I opened her up and re-seated and retightened the connectors as you suggest, little wiggle just to retouch the connection..... 'EEEE'... @Hippie on hill

I am however enjoying huge terpy hits from my TinyMight - with a corse grind to let the air flo thru...

Not sure what Im gonna do to be fair, im sure they'll probably just ask for it back and send me a new one, but at $90 replacement cost is it worth it? To be fair I might just ask them to refund me for the PID, if we cant get it working, and Ill buy it from Vapefiend, then at least i'll get UK warranty cover - the carbon footprint having it go back and forth at priority mail is just silly, and to be fair its my bad, i should have just waited - but it was a significant b/day so there is excuse in some degree -  then I would be buying from a batch that all travelled together to VF from the US, and the warranty returns are also bulk too...

At the moment Im feeling like im hanging in the wind a bit for $500 - Im doing my own repairs and diagnostics, which isnt really the idea for that kind of money if im honest. You can imagine Stors and Bickel asking me to don a 4mm star wrench to reseat the connectors on a Volcano Hybrid...Hmmm - back it goes, and new one comes for that kind of money. But sadly I already know that NV will make me fight more about it. Judging from the first round anyway.

Right now I would really just like to send it back and start again lol ... :(

• Like 3

@Hippie on hill, @Arthur Mix, @purepotstill

So I decided to write a bit of a complaint, no blood and thunder, just a little note of 'im a bit pissed at the way your rolling for my 500 bucks, this is what you've done.... Which fell completely on deaf ears. Not interested in anything apart getting away with the bare minimum. After I challenged the attitude, a reasonable level of politeness returned, but you can feel the teeth grinding in the background. Im quite shocked for $500. But not even interested in acknowledging the fact that he tried to pressure me twice to pay his warranty postage - and he was only going to send it surface, when the standard postage is priority for the insurance - and he tried to get me to upgrade that surface post to priority for another $24 while I was buying another 60 quids worth of accessories... I have words not to say here...

Im dissaponted on a many levels to be fair. It was a serious treat for a significant b/day, Ive been made to freel like it's my fault, whether that be through being 8k miles away, English, white with blonde hair, I dont know, but theyre upset with me cause my unit doesnt work, and it will cost them to make it work - i sent videos, photos, all to make sure i wasnt ripping and prove it - and to be sure it wasnt just stupidity on my part - I wanted it to work, Thats the bit I dont understand about their attitude lollol -. Thats retail/manufactuire risk too...look at the rewards though. No agg fram any other serious manufacturers or retaillers if its in warranty...I'd not had it a day let alone warranty...Very poor attitude for a high end device, very poor. 

Not happy at all - what ever you do, dont go direct, go through VF, wait for stock if necessary. Fuck NewVape Direct off competely. If youre outside the USA.

It gets no better with the glass either, thats back again at the shop - after a wrangle about that too...:( so it arrives, and its looking super trick, i really mean that. Extended dropdown, that supports the chamber, saweet to say the least. I pick it up, drop the extended drop on, from about 5mm to make sure it seats the first time deep into the sandblasted glass joint - a personal 'superstition' - been doing that for 30 yrs untroubled..until now, and the internal diffuser drops off...No 'tink' like its cracked off, or loose and dropped, it almost folded off and slid down the slide wall...so I figure shipping? Anyway, I had to speak to the blower about that as well, cause it arrived 1st time with the wrong measurements, and proportions to start - he didnt even look to see what a flowepot was you could tell, it burnt my face, and the FP bowl ddint sit straight for lack of room - fairly basic when you comission somone to build a specific rig. You dont need to have the entire 3d scematic, but the right accurate joint size (14/18) and enough room to seat the bowl on a vertical down tube is fairly entry level... I was quoted a price, and I gave 20% extra (im an artist too, just differnt, and without being asked!!) cause I know these things can wander - he expected me to pay the postage back and forth again for the first set of adjustments, which i did, and then tiraded me about how it was expensive to turn his gear on, and it had cost him this much and it was that and the drop down added more to his costs bla bla bla...OMG. Seriously?! youve never read anything like it - anyway after a bit of a battle its returning tomorrow or being jettisoned anyway....

I get artistic lovelies, I am one. Actually im past that -  but i have a fair to extremly high level of synicism replacing it very quickly. My wife is an artistic 'lovelie' too - all prescious and indignant lol self righteous, couldnt possibly be my faul..how dare yoiu criticise my art you bastard, that's me in clay that is -!!! (sniff/croc tears/booHoo...) How dare you...you paid money? fuck off look what its cost me in swaet and flappy fuss! It dosnt work? Pay me more!!

I seriously joke not.

Theres reasoning...I was supposed to be in ther USA for 2 weeks, boarding with the fam - lock down, no trip. Wife says, after she tidied herself up, cooled off, had a drink and relaxed a bit after the previos episode above...says, yoiur birthdays cancelled this year then. Your just not XX this year anyway its next...She fucking jinxed me out of a whole year to the good!!! Get a load of that! 2012, Colorada/Utah - and my birthday suprises will succeed...mon the 'Gee' lol

Anyway, my tinymight is still sweet, im high from the Runt, sandwiched between the Vapcap...its just a matter of principal. I wouldnt mind if id changed my mind, decided to try and get a refund without good reason. breached warranty in any capacity, or maybe even not paid!!! or dread to think...some 'funny biznizzz' lol But it seems as though I have a completely different ethic to most people regarding whats fair in the modern day and what is acceptable societally...I paid what I was asked on both counts (and above), and was failed miserably with the effect to my cause...

I stil' have no glass or a Flowerpot and my birthday was 4th... :(

• Like 2

Was gonna like your post as a sign of my support but I just can't like that tale of woe :(

I'd mail Edwyn if you haven't already, and see what he says about this fiasco 

I had to have a new PID, which took another 10 days or so. So I do eventually have a Weedeater ^^ They are just ignorant. 

The device itself is amazing, not too amazing without a carb cap, or i should say; IMO, not so amazing using the WeedEater head without a carb cap...even though its not supposed to need one. Im running a dry rig, and a pretty small one at that, and I need to 'bellow it' to milk up...

Ive been experimenting an tuning it ridiculously... I like the temps about 675 - (but it only ever goes to 680?) - and I can drop my hash in the mix and with the carb cap, I can toas' that off sweet...

I also like to 'oven up' the really dank and sticky bush, by capping the bowl with the weedeater, and then carb capping that for about 30-45 seconds and then a fairly consistent meduim draw...that pretty much sits me on my ass. Building that temp up makes it really terpy and flavoursome...its so moorish its stoooooopoid lol

I;m getting 6 good rips from a ,1/,2 scoop, so I tend to take 3 hot hits, till its a bit dry, then sprinkle the hash in the mix...'oven up' the bowl again, and rip that till the vape goes clear lol ....

To be honest, ive got it running like an endless TinyMight lol Hot and terpy, and dry like the desert...

large.IMG_1892.jpg

• Like 5

Glad you've got a working setup at long last 

Not sure what it does exactly but if you hold down the > button after switching on from cold it will autotune the PID for you 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, zeroG said:

I had to have a new PID, which took another 10 days or so. So I do eventually have a Weedeater ^^ They are just ignorant. 

The device itself is amazing, not too amazing without a carb cap, or i should say; IMO, not so amazing using the WeedEater head without a carb cap...even though its not supposed to need one. Im running a dry rig, and a pretty small one at that, and I need to 'bellow it' to milk up...

Ive been experimenting an tuning it ridiculously... I like the temps about 675 - (but it only ever goes to 680?) - and I can drop my hash in the mix and with the carb cap, I can toas' that off sweet...

I also like to 'oven up' the really dank and sticky bush, by capping the bowl with the weedeater, and then carb capping that for about 30-45 seconds and then a fairly consistent meduim draw...that pretty much sits me on my ass. Building that temp up makes it really terpy and flavoursome...its so moorish its stoooooopoid lol

I;m getting 6 good rips from a ,1/,2 scoop, so I tend to take 3 hot hits, till its a bit dry, then sprinkle the hash in the mix...'oven up' the bowl again, and rip that till the vape goes clear lol ....

To be honest, ive got it running like an endless TinyMight lol Hot and terpy, and dry like the desert...

large.IMG_1892.jpg

I don't know what's going on here, looks like a straightening iron type heater that attaches to a mini coffee puller then water bong...But I wanna be there and get baked as hell. What is that wand with the old fashioned braided cable? <3

• Like 1

20 hours ago, zeroG said:

To be honest, ive got it running like an endless TinyMight  Hot and terpy, and dry like the desert...

Your inhaling/pullin too heavy/fast; pulling the heat away from the bowl. Imagine holdng a penny between ya lips, when you breath in- if you hear a whistle like sounds thats far too heavy/fast, if you can hear the air entering your mouth thats still abit too fast, its a slow deep pull, almost silent; just like opening your mouth/lungs. Same when using water in the bubbler, your aiming for little movement/diffusion.

Once you get this, you'll have no trouble with convection vapes :yep:  .. Thats also the reason for your temp being set high, the faster you draw the lower the temp and vice versa. The TM is different as its so resticted with the CU. Dont try a slow deep pull w/o the cooling unit, the path is too short and it will hot & hurt. 

The FP shits all over the TM lol .. taking nothing away from the TM, its a great vape, its just nowhere near the FP.

Edited by stickyblack
  • Like 2