The Next level - Dry herb Vapes

zeroG

@Arthur MixYoure a star, thanks mate :) - Ill look in to a bit more later. I fired off an email to New Vape earlier, and they come online at about 6pm, so we'll see what they say. Much appreciated :)

• Like 1

The other option is just get another cheap enail from China like the maker does and get the right size coil , it’s doable for around £60 so may be cheaper than customs back and forth to USA 

• Like 1

Yes its unlikely to be the PID @Arthur Mix :yep: .. 

@zeroG From your pictures you've shown, im pretty sure you've got the "XLR" connection for your coil and not the "Legacy" connection. If so, buy a new coil https://vapefiend.co.uk/collections/newvape/products/newvape-flowerpot-20mm-barrel-coil-for-d-nail .. If this works, buy another one- to have spare; Mine has been fine since day, but it was in my interest to find/keep spares.

I can confirm that the D-Nail is the correct pin setup / the pins match NV FlowerPot XLR connection.

eta: £30 + p&p.

Edited by stickyblack
  • Like 2

On 23/01/2021 at 0:25 AM, Slippy One said:

Don’t let the new crafty plus slip under the radar. Simple, cheap, electric and includes convection and conduction to heat the herb. 

3 decent sessions on batteries until you need to plug in, but mines always plugged in, and you can use a usb power bank to keep

it topped up out and about. 

clouds of lovely vapour and a definite desktop killer for me. I’ve only used the Aromed 2x since purchasing the Crafty plus. :yep:

lol - @Slippy One dude. Are you reading tea leaves?

yes, lol@Hippie on hill - how dare you sir! jokes aside. yes i reseated wiggled, bent and twisted tryng to see if it was a dodgy connection, but as it lights up tech support recon its the coil. We've come to an arrangemant. Without fuss or strife, to be honest if I didnt have a faulty coil, i would be exceptionally happy. They arew very helpful :)

New coil on the way :( Thanks @stickyblack

Glass is going back tomorrow as well, so here i am, once again back to TinyMight, no complaints over that, but im STILL just trying to get a desktop lol

• Like 4

@stickyblackLuck is relative;

Firstly they don't want to replace anything let alone carry the postage for it - if you dont really fight and get stroppy. Ive had to dismatle it completely, pull the sticky rubber feet off, and argue my ass off lol . Their position is that it was tested before dispatch - 9 days and 8000 miles ago, 3 transport hubs and a local courier from 150 miles away...but theres nothing wrong! It was packed OK for domestic transport, international, I would say a bit scrimpy to be fair. I now have a used wobbly base unit with only 3 rubber feet because the glue no longer works after being peeled off :( . I also have to buy replacement locktite to stop the pid box screws rattling after being unscrewed to open the box to htem to prove it was OK. I know it sounds like a moan, but with the carb cap its a $500 sale. Enough said. Eventually they agreed to send a replacement coil - 4 days wrangling later.

I had a fight about the return postage too, they asked me to upgrade my standard shipping warranty replacement to priority for the replacement coil! ($24) To which I had to argue that their fault/warranty replacement should come the same way it was paid for my me ($68 priority UPS). Any reputable firm apologises that their $500 unit doesnt work, give you a discount, or a free gift, even the tight ones aplogise - I expect nothing by the way, except a passing gesture to the failure...  . I usually shop in the UK or China - we get fuck all anyway lol

Exit stage left New Vape. Not a fucking sausage. No reply, no confirmation, no further communication and no aplogy for my inconvneience. Just attitude, but nicely the whole time - less assertive people will be bullied by them.

I did buy one anyway (coil) and it arived yesterday, as I realised my fight with New Vape could go on and on. As I said, they are just reluctant :(

I have no idea what method of shipping they used, I doint know if it's been dispatched or not.

I just found the entire experience really sub-standard for the cost of the unit and by normal US standards (I lived there for 10 years) - and wished that Vapefiend had stock at the time.

I have been enjoying my device partially, and wilkl be coming back later :)

• Like 2

@zeroG Sorry to hear of your troubles, but the unit is working now with the new coil right? ..

Theres only two things that can go with the FP, PID & Coil. So if you eliminated the issue with the PID with a coil replacement, then its a cheap enough fix and alot less hassle than sending the whole unit back.

Thats the reason I wired/built my own kit/PID, I can sorce the electrical parts in the UK if anything was to go wrong. The only part I had to buy from the US was the head and glassbowls, no moving/electical parts and unlikely to have any problems unless abused.

Coils can last for years- but they do burn out, hence the reason for keeping replacements.

eta: Old pic of the build..

large_VS.jpg

Edited by stickyblack
  • Like 4

NIce setup you got there @stickyblack, our equipment is strangely similar...I just dont have any log vapes...yet :D or a rosin press - but I have sticky bricks. And lucky you getting to relax inside! Im bound to my garage for always, I can do absolutely what I like there, but its very ciold in the winter...

I bought a genuine NV coil just to make sure it was all wired correctly, so the replacement will become my spare. What a polava lol I think you sent me the link, thanks bud :)

Ive been running at 700 to start with the FP, but i dont like a standard bong with it - which is all I have. I can get a hit ok, but the water really kills it for me...my bong has a huge water chamber, which is great for combusting, but rubbish for vaping...so Im waiting on my chinese mobius, and my Fire Salamander glass, until then Im probably smashing my tinymight and vapcap most of the time...I think its going to take some dialling it. I have been a little bit underwhelmed, but Im just schooling it as new right now.

Although I have bought the 'porche design/priced' NV 'insulated dabber/carb cap!!! slamdunk biatches!!! POW - KABANG!!*&^%^%%! - I have been enjoying my wooden 'burr nobble' which is currently doing the job superbly. It also gives the Flowerpot a kind of artisan feel, you can smell the warm wood (although it is air then kiln dried) and it imparts a presence and experience to the Flowerpot.

Ive been experimenting with other woods too, some of them really give a nice comfortable and safe experience. I know it sounds starnge.

Thw weedeater can also deal with fairly good hiome made hash crumbled onto flowers :) - Which I like in tiumes of stress...

What a palava !!

Hope Edwyn (ed@newvape.com) finds out about this and sorts you out

So I guess you've done this now (was gonna be my next recommendation)

If a new coil works you may be able to resurrect the old one by opening up the xlr (or whatever it is) connector and checking the connections 

• Like 1

Yes we've been in pieces, I had both covers off, front and back. All connections solid, so the only option left, unless its a component failure, is the connector as you say. Ill keep it, and if my spare goes after this new one , then maybe ill have a fiddle with it.

Im fairly annoyed to be fair. I wasn't expecting to have to buy parts to use it at the price I paid, but needs must. More annoyed at the attitude. I felt like I was being punished for a failure out of my control, and for being so far away. If you dont want to warranty that far and at that expense, dont sell there...

Anyways, Im struggling with it a bit to be fair, but its in a traditional wide mouthed bong, which isnt great for the finer pleasures of the vapor... and the bong just fails miserably dry.

You can feel its potential though, so Im hoping my experience will be what I have been waiting for, when a decent piece of glass arrives for me to dry chug...

• Like 1

@zeroG what a nightmare. Keep the faith mate as once you have paired with good glass you won't look back.

I do flower at around 600. Lower if I want a more chilled session, higher can wipe out a bowl in a couple of hits.

For rosin I push up to 700 for milky hits.

I hope NV reach out to you as I heard they have good support. However I'm glad I managed to buy one from our vapefiend who I know have great service.

When they sent my fp, despite me specifying EU plug I was sent UK. On phoning them, they admitted mistake and sent express a replacement. Superb!

• Like 2

Am looking to upgrade my Plenty to a desktop with a whip also, just dry herb for myself. Was wondering if anyone has any experience of the Ditanium, I like the look of it, and judging by the problems as above with all the attachments with the flowerpot, I'd welcome a simpler vape just for herb. At £100 cheaper am thinking it might be a good choice for myself? Does the flowerpot still blow this one away also? Many thanks

17 minutes ago, zone_coasting said:

Does the flowerpot still blow this one away also?

IMHO: yes. 

I borrowed one for a week before taking the plunge with a Flowerpot. It does hit well, but not quite on par with the FP experience. Needs a whip for best results (anything else is just awkward) and I hate whips - I'm a clean freak and whips don't come clean lol The rest of the unit is not so easy to clean either. Air pathway is not all-glass. Loading was a faff. Awkward is the best word to describe my experience of the Ditanium. It's main advantage is being able to vape concentrates and flower at the same time so if you're looking for something just for flower I'd give it a swerve. 

Issues with the Flowerpot are usually few and far between but if you're considering one, I'd wait until Vapefiend are restocked. Impeccable service :yep: 

• Like 3

@SYZYGY

Mate, I've been thinking about a flower pot. You sound like a man of experience   can I ask for a brief review from you brother? (I also have cleanliness issues) 

Cheers bro

• Like 1