The Next level - Dry herb Vapes

zeroG

So over the last year Ive bought a few vapes, noteably butane examples recently as I like the heat and the experience of that style...

I think Im settled on a final choice for my desktop - I established that a SBL isnt that for me, although I like it, a true desktop has to be that. Full on session, easy to use and keep using, hot, terpy, shareable, delicious, strong...you know the form..Im surely waiting fot the Volcano chorus, however Im more artisan that spacejunk. Engineered I can do, if it beautiful (tinyMight. Davici IQ2) but my heat is a little more holistic...

The short list id probably no suprise; Flowerpor, probably with the V-rod, but im not sure as Im not a massive dabber, so maybe still weedeater...and Vapbong. The ceramic perfume burner lookalike - that can steam through a chamber of 2.5gs, no break in 'availabaility' of vapor, dry or water...

Flowerpot I can see/read about as its fairly popular, which is always good. However the Vapbong wants to steal my heart, and a few drops of lavender oil for my nightime bath lol - Any Vapbong owners in the house...?

• Like 1

Really like some of their designs that don't look like a VapDong :D (sorry I couldn't resist) 

The clever design to hide the wires and their filling tool are brilliant  

I'm not sure how I feel about the heater after watching the video 

and reading some concerns about the ceramic tube crumbling and shedding dust over time altho there is no evidence that it will actually happen.

• Like 1

Hi mate. I've not familiar with the Vapbong but have used almost every other serious vape going.

The Flowerpot is truly the endgame for desktop vapes IMO. The whole experience is an absolute pleasure; really easy to clean, quality build and materials, always ready to go if you leave it on for a session, capable of giving the most intense hits I've ever had from flower. The V-Rod head works fine with flower but if you don't see yourself dabbing much, go for the Weedeater.   

You won't be sorry.

• Like 4

Thanks guys, the vapbong is a serious contender as it seems simple to use without water. I dont really have water near my weed to be fair, and Im also not bothered about draw resistence perse, but i do like to milk up my glass if i use it (lol - I have the most basic and limited glass you can imagine, which is why im laughing). I love the idea of the flowerpot, and the fact that it seesms to be equally happy on micro dose as well as sesh. Its just the dry aspect that is concerning me. I just can't be fucked with complicated glass to try and clean. I have enough issues with my M, and TinyMight. The thought of tackling a 'triple percolater showerhead' and associated 'ash catcher' fil me with dread  with the thought of trying to clean that after dry vaping :(

Im a bit out of love with butane vapes this week to be fair, i been struggling with some stuff and really wanted big hits - zonkarama oblivion and detachment, and have ended up carbing too often, and getting choked way too often. The M hasnt been enough, and Ive been clearing a full runt bowl in one draw - when I wasnt even going to use it. I get times like this. When I used to combust, i could roll a pure fatty, or smash out a few big bowls. Nowdays conbusting makes me wretch and the stink - no fucking chance, hence being out of love with butane vapes for a bit...

Ive just modded my TinyMight with the new grav labs 'upline' taster - its a one hitter, but less complicated than all thosse nuts and bolts getting clogged up cooling sticky bush vape lol - Looks trick, might need to look at the main o-ring for the fit, but it says the diameter is 11mm - and its an engineered piece, rather than a less accurate 'spoon' hippy style effort - so with a lil bit of luck, ill be getting slightly looser hits, and its also a 3 incher and not just a 1, so I hoping the length will help with a little cooling, but I like it fairly hot anyway...so far Im just talking as its due tomorrow, but looking at it, its should be perfect as an alternative stem :)

Still banging my head about to be fair. Part of me wants to go back electric for a while, with no chance of burning/carbing/combustion, al Davinci/pax/mighty - but the hits and experience can be very underwhelming, hence my whole hearted jump to butane.

I would also like to put this to bed and get on with some of my other hobbies lol Its never been so complicated to get baked lollollol

Don’t let the new crafty plus slip under the radar. Simple, cheap, electric and includes convection and conduction to heat the herb. 

3 decent sessions on batteries until you need to plug in, but mines always plugged in, and you can use a usb power bank to keep

it topped up out and about. 

clouds of lovely vapour and a definite desktop killer for me. I’ve only used the Aromed 2x since purchasing the Crafty plus. :yep:

• Like 1

Dude just grab yaself the WE Flowerpot and one of EasyFlows peices of glass from VF; The Lil Rippa is a peice of piss to clean and solid. Ive spent a small fortune compared to some, but with the few vapes i've bought or tried, the FP delivers like nothing else.. true heavy hitter :yep: .. Sometimes I dont wanna get that high or just have a hit here and there, the Vapcap is perfect partner for that.

eta: Completely forgot the point of my post, @Military Grade sum'd it up pretty well lol

Edited by stickyblack
  • Like 5

You don't have to put water in the glass piece with the Flowerpot, but a little does allow you to take the most ungodly of hits like a champ. A simple bubbler does the job and is easy to clean.

I resisted the Flowerpot for ages as I wasn't fussed about the idea of water and cleaning glass (never was a bong man), but it's a good little ritual once you know how you'll be rewarded ;) 

Rinse at the end of the evening with hot water, leaving some in and pop a broken-up Steradent tablet in. Good shake and leave to soak overnight. That's usually enough unless I've hit it hard, then the ISO takes care of the rest. All told, the whole set-up is much easier to get completely clean than most other vapes. 

• Like 5

Right then, decision made, its my birthday in a few weeks, Ill have a treat...now that bits done, Ill undoubtedly have more questions, starting with; What the fuck do you buy after the flowerpot, as its universally recognised as the vape to end all vapes? And I like to buy for my hobby every now and again...

I do like a dab now and again, but im not that big on it. I like it, but I dont often have the time to consciously 'seperat'e for long periods these days, too many demands on my stoner life :( On the bright side I can have things like Vapcaps and TinyMights - SBLs and now Flowerpots...  :)

I do however have to watch the cash a bit - what kind of heating caps are you using? I dont know the terminology for it, but are you weedeating?, v-rodding? Showerheading? or running that coil banger thing?

Would it be better for me to buy exactly what I need seperately from the manufacturer, or is the kit the best way? I cant really work it out to br fair as I would have to buy seperates from Texas direct, wheras i can buy in the UK, but only in bundle. The bundle on vapefiend is massively expensive compared, and I just missed the 30% off at planet of thr vapes :(

Bot really looking to sink the price of a very serviceable motor car in a vape...however cool and perfect it may be!

Thanks for the input guys x

You'll be looking at glass pieces on dhgate and fancy stems for your other vapes next lol

I went for the vrod essentials kit from lacentralevapeur as it was a fair chunk cheaper than vapefiend and thats all there was in Europe at the time (and there still isn't much choice now 5months later to be honest). There's essentials kits or if you want to buy the bare min you can buy the weedeater head and a bowl from them or VF and an enail coil and controller from the bay of e. The Vrod head needs a coil that turns the right way so check that if you're gonna buy them separate (altho I don't think there are any vrod heads in Europe at the moment).

You get another dimension of versatility with the VROD as the temp you set on the coil is governed by the airflow of the rig and carb cap you're using in my experience. On an open rig, with the cap on I run it under 550F for a slow tasty vape and with the cap off I can go over 650F for a faster extraction. You can create the same effect by drawing slower, or using a more restrictive rig or restricting the air going into the weedeater somehow but putting a carb cap on the VROD is a lot easier.

• Like 3

It's a lot of cash but in my view totally worth it. Having smoked for years, this is the closest you get.

Massive rips if you want, or a more slow chilled session, all by varying technique (draw, carb and or temp). Even after a few months now, every so often the hit will take me by surprise and Im more wasted than I intended.

Sometimes I prefer going old school for dabs with a banger and torch but the vrod dab capability is a great option to have and the flower is simply brilliant through it on its own. When dabs and flower are combined it's dangerous :)

It is however quite a handful wrt the hot head and if not careful the opportunity to burn oneself is always present. I've only had a mild scorch so far! But this is a minor issue when playing with near perfection.... 

Im pleased I went with the many recommendations found on here....

• Like 4

It is done. I think anyway. :ninja:

1 weedeater 'essentials' bundle - direct from the supplier. Again, I hope... £338.11 Inc shipping, but they'll probably be a tax this end. I hope not, and its didnt say there would be...

It seems as though my antee is upped each time I try and buy something 'not-normal' - last time with my Tiny Might, the lack of communicable conversation with our Norweigan compadres was quite ashamedely basic. I was unsure if I was actually successful once again for £250+...Now, yet again and now with newVape, but not 250 this time. Oh no no no, 350! - Anyway Im trying to add a discount code and its saying 'out of stock' on the NewVape site with the 220 power selection - but i have one in my basket ;) (he, clearly the last one too... winks not knowing exactly why the fuck? lol But never the less... ) and Ive just had a confirmation email to say its being shipped, please allow 3 days to process, and I have an order number...and it is indeed selected at 220v...I was unsuccessful at adding a discount code...However I was expectying to pay about 350 or so, so im on target...just unconfidently... lol

I picked the WE bundle cause I read on FC that you can happliy drop a dab on the top of the WE head. It just want as easy to clean as the V-rod...Again i suppose I could always upgrade at a later date if I wasnt happy...but to be fair im not a big dabber, and I prefer to vape flower morethan anything else. So I think I made the right decision... we shall see :D

Big price increase in the last few months..... I'm sure you won't regret it.... Let us know your thoughts when it lands....

@M PamplemousseI noticed that too, the price increases, ive been looking at it for a while. Anyways I think I threrw a spanner in the works as I emailed and asked to add glass to my order, then found the glass $10 cheaper direct from the maker with a 15% first purchase incentive discount on top...Suffice to say I emailed to cancell the glass, and now my order is classified as 'unfulfilled'

I am no further forward today...And Now I think Ive decided to buy Mobius glass anyway...

Again, and considering Florida is firmly in british ex-pat territory, and posessing English, howewcver americanised, as a first language - one would think that for the 460$ with postage I would earn a polite communication path with my retailler. NOtrhing, not even a response, just a staus update in the wrong direction...

TinyMight worked out OK, so I have to follow the statistics and hope the same fate befits me a la Flowerpot...I would have scraped in for my birthday but for the small change, and total lack of comminication lol

It just gets better...so Im mooching through facebook for the first time in about a year, and who should I stumble across but my old mate Sam...Glass blower extraordinaire, and I really mean extraordinaire...I had no idea my old mate Sam was a glass blower, we've been friends for ooo,  lets say 15 years or so, we are physical friends too, not intimately lol i know how you lot think lol . But every one of my FB friens I have spent face to face time with and still do. I have no 'add me' buddies, friends of friends or hangers on ers... which is what I mean by physical - He's alsdo a tattoo artist, which is how we know eachother, but 10 years ago he started his studio... Not big on bongs admittedly, however I think we are going to have a fruitful relationship, considering Im from a marketing background. Anyway I digress...

... After an old times chat, a bit of an ideas smash about, some bata negotiations, very passive where I had to up the price I was prepared to pay lol - and the man who famously has the worst glass collection in the history of shitty glass collections, has ordered a bespoke piece - It will be organic and not overly scientific, but a good bubbling rig for my new Flowerpot. Hand built for me and completely unique...

How the tides change overnight. I will be sure to add some photos when it comes...and he's starting it this weekend. Im prepared for it to be horrible lol - I joke not as he really is newish to bongs, he makes beautiful art deco glasses/bottles for perfumers etc - and is a tie dye hippy (which concerns me as im fairly organised and scientific by nature...), but he is  a stunning tattooist... Now Im thinking about it, im fairly concerned lol - It could be geiger esque, but I think as I asked for upright and scientific, hes get as close as he can to that :)

Its kind of scarily exciting lol

• Like 1