The Next level - Dry herb Vapes

zeroG

@Hippie on hillmate, whats wrong with the flowerpot? lollollol

In the mean time ive had a treat, i bought a Mobius birdcage sidecar waterpiece but it has a 18mm joint...so i bought another bowl/post/screen so I don't have to keep changing posts to change piece...this means I need another stand for my 14 and 18mm bowls...and you can see my selected ancient oak off cut that i'll drill and shape, and layer with teak, or antique oil, before waxing. Im a bit undecided what I want to be where, so the marings are just prelim until Ive dialled it. I dont want to make another one lol

Ill say this, the Mobius birdcage diff is amazing. Its like lightly carbonated water you get in restaurants, very refined and civilized lol - i think I went through 2 gms in .2 scoops in about an hour...I tried it dry, and it was too 'complicated' - not much flavour and/or heat -  both elements I like like most  - to be good...however my fire Salamander bubbler delivers the perfct dry sensation to contrast the wet...I will say this; I have never been bothered about water until now. The Mobius is just an absolute pleasure to hit, as close to velvet as I can describe. Its just the diffusion, but boy, doing it right makes all the diff... lol Pun intended :D

So for a show and tell Ive added my scientific complication to my Fire Salamander bubbler, shes trick with that drop down and delivers a chamber hit, cant explain the diff, but its noticeable to running it without...

large.IMG_2009.jpg

large.IMG_2008.jpg

large.IMG_2010.jpg

large.IMG_2011.jpg

large.IMG_2012.jpg

Do like 'equipment' lol i also just added a blumat setup to help automate my grow too...its all go this morning lol

• Like 2

:wassnnme: I'm looking the other way for you...  lol

600 'unattached' rubies came into play this afternoon...just trying to decide if i want to persevere and get the V-rod head for my FP, or just break out the Vapbong...:wassnnme:

:D

• Like 1

12 hours ago, zeroG said:

:wassnnme: I'm looking the other way for you...  lol

600 'unattached' rubies came into play this afternoon...just trying to decide if i want to persevere and get the V-rod head for my FP, or just break out the Vapbong...:wassnnme:

:D

Why the vrod head? Are you planning on using for concentrate? 

9 hours ago, M Pamplemousse said:

Why the vrod head? Are you planning on using for concentrate? 

Yes, I have been sprinkling my hash, using shatter and other concentrates 'grated' on my bud recently... with the weedeater on the top obviously. I also tried dabbing on the W/E head top as well with some shatter and most of it got left on the device lol... well im kind of wavering really...Sometimes I want it, ands think I'll use it all the time, other times im content in the W/E, and grated hash etc on the top... Its VAS mate, you have to prepare the justification for yet another device, rationalise it, understand it and own it, whence that is complete, the unabaited and comemsuate purchase can proceed. Before that point it, wont be enjoyable as it wotn re correct in the 'flow' ...

Looks great though doesnt it? lol

40 minutes ago, zeroG said:

Yes, I have been sprinkling my hash, using shatter and other concentrates 'grated' on my bud recently... with the weedeater on the top obviously. I also tried dabbing on the W/E head top as well with some shatter and most of it got left on the device lol... well im kind of wavering really...Sometimes I want it, ands think I'll use it all the time, other times im content in the W/E, and grated hash etc on the top... Its VAS mate, you have to prepare the justification for yet another device, rationalise it, understand it and own it, whence that is complete, the unabaited and comemsuate purchase can proceed. Before that point it, wont be enjoyable as it wotn re correct in the 'flow' ...

Looks great though doesnt it? lol

Consider the d cup (or t bucket for ultimate) for concentrate. I got one few weeks back and don't use my vrod for anything but flower now, the dcup is so much better. Vapefiend had a really good deal if your interested.... Think I've covered all bases for a while with this duo....

Edited by M Pamplemousse
Spelling

He he he 

I was hoping that building my own vapes would slow my VAS 

So I filled the Elev8r, LSV log, a DiY soldering iron log, the G43 and a couple of DiY G things with rubies.

And now I'm looking at about a hundred quids worth of shiny new Titanium balls this time 

35 minutes ago, Hippie on hill said:

He he he 

I was hoping that building my own vapes would slow my VAS 

So I filled the Elev8r, LSV log, a DiY soldering iron log, the G43 and a couple of DiY G things with rubies.

And now I'm looking at about a hundred quids worth of shiny new Titanium balls this time 

Explain pls... im very interested in the 'gobble-de-gook' you guys speak of...I assumed rubies was a monetry dwnomination :-/

Now its rubies and titanium balls as well!!!...I dont have anywhere to put balls, even if I knew what they were for...or indeed what they were...

3 hours ago, M Pamplemousse said:

Consider the d cup (or t bucket for ultimate) for concentrate. I got one few weeks back and don't use my vrod for anything but flower now, the dcup is so much better. Vapefiend had a really good deal if your interested.... Think I've covered all bases for a while with this duo....

I dont need anything more than the weedeater, ive decided!!!! ( lol ) Over the last couple of days Ive had a go with just about everything. I have to dress flower with it, but i like that. I have genuinely gone through wax /hard pressed hash, dry sift, oil (that was tricky getting that in there  )lol ), shatter, BHO, ISO, and over worked concentrate too, with high leaf matter - doesnt matter when you vape, i just take it all. And with a combination of the carb cap and the open diffuser, thats all i need. I dont make alot of concentrate, just fiddle on for shits and giggles and im lazy. I got a half-pound of super frosty trim in the bottom 2 draws of the freezer, 2 bags of ice...note the statement, "I've got..." lol And I've got 9 half pound jars ( not weed weight, just jar size) of dry trim and bud for concentrates too...i keep adding to it as opposed to diminishing it...

Still intrigued by that Vapbong...In reality I probably just want a go, a sesh maybe, and see. Its not going to be that different to the FP, just easier - but it still need warming up.... The FP is a bit of a pain. Its like doing the dinner, I have to come in and say...do I want a toke yet? and think about it cuase i have to turn it on to get warm and prepare... lol Im a bit more spontaneous than that, so Im still using my tinymight more than I should in the house lol

And it seriously reduces your weed intake, ive never been so stoned off half a gram lol Its embarassing if someone was watching, espcially at my age and experence lol

I did wonder lol

If you google the G43 and Terp Torch you should find some pics.

They're basically a heating element, in a tube, surrounded by 3mm borosilicate balls.

The G43 by Bud at Vapelife uses a stainless steel wire coil wrapped round a 4mm quartz rod which can be powered by a 12V psu and a buck boost dimmer or an ecig mod in power mode. It's an idea that Bud came up with after being inspired by the Glass Symphony and a few DiY projects on FC

The Terp Torch from Simrel came out after the G43 and uses a repurposed temp controlled soldering iron to heat the balls in a similar fashion. 

Inspired by the G, GS and the same DiY projects I've been having some fun putting coils, soldering iron elements, halogen bulbs, heater carts, resistors, different diameter and material balls, SS mesh ... in tubes, stems, lab glass, whip adapters, parts from other vapes .... and sometimes put them in cups (and pen pots) to make log style vapes, or make things like the Herbo and Flowerpot that sit on the bowl and have no heat shield. 

Vapefiend sell the LSV (Life Saber Vape) and the Elev8R, both made by 7th floor vapes.

7th Floor (elev8glassgallery) sell all the parts for their vapes so I bought the LSV heater cover and instead of using a soldering iron element and a dimmer, like the stock LSV, I've put a temp controlled soldering iron element and balls in the tube, and stuck that in a cup to make what I'm calling my LSLV (life saber log vape) :)

They also now make an E-heater version of the Elev8R after someone on the forums had the idea to wrap the original version with a 16mm enail coil to heat it, and put balls inside, so essentially it's like the others I've mentioned but the heater is on the outside. 

I've been messing about with different size borosilicate balls in them and a few other projects for a while and upgraded to corundum rubies this week, which has enabled me to reduce power or temp a little and gives slightly better flavour and heat distribution compared to the boro balls.

And I've been waiting for about 5 months now for shipping prices from France to drop again before ordering some Ti balls as people say they perform better (shipping is as much as the balls atm).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hippie on hill said:

I did wonder lol

So did I funnily enough lol , wI ondered where your pictures are?...if you don't mind sharing that is...? I would be very interested in seeing some of those 'concoctions' :)

• 3 weeks later...

So my pre-order VonG failed at the first hurdle...its not coming on time for pre-order. :( It should be here today...its not even in the country...apparently.

I thought it was too good to be true, £86 inc shipping was the cheapest by a country mile. Vapefiend dont seem to be even stocking them on release, and EDIT and Namaste only carry the odd spare...outlets are few and far between...

Dissapointed a bit to be fair, however it seems as though Dynavap have extended the 'buy one get one free' aspect to other suppliers as a result of shipping delays...as a gesture of goodwill I am also recieving a 2020M as a freebie..Dynavap were the only ones doing this as an incentive directly from them for launch. Vape wellness have that too now - but only for pre-order custmers, you still get a free 20M from Dynavap USA directly if you shop there and pay 40$ shipping...

I already have an M, so im in no hurry for the Vong particularly, apart from curiousity for the Titanium experiernce...besides i'm kicking and screaming being dragged away from my flowerpot at the moment, now Ive nailed it..

I really can have a whole night off my face night on 2 x .3 bowls lol - its an epiphany :D, a revelation :D - why doesn't everyone have one lol  they should be a legal requirement ;)

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Funny how these things come round full circle…guess what…we back in the market for a portable, after loosing two in a week to children's playing fingers…

The two casualties were my mighty, which i replaced immediately without question. There is only one camping/travelling general workhorse. It’s a genuine tour de force, but its just that a workhorse, minimal flavour, but gets you there - whatever the weather lol

and this is the heart breaker, my TinyMight :(

nothing else need be said. Little bugger found lights and exciting looking things, and went to town until both buttons on both devices were shot, all out of warranty :( 

That's £450 in a Day. Just pondering that for a moment, after just buying him a 48V electric quad for a grand. 

Price no object, i have no hobbies other than getting stoned when i come in off the field…i am back on the tinymight2 waiting list, but the last one took me 6 months to get so not holding my breath… :(

options? Ideas? Pretty please :)

just gotta be convection, and battery/rechargeable. I got every other conceivable vape ~ (almost) anyway). Just been out the loop for a bit moving farms…

T.I.A x

I think the TinyMight2 would be top of my list 

The YLL Angus looks like it's going to be good enough to run in the same pack, from reading the early reports 

I would love a Tubo or a Nomad but they involve long wait lists for a Nomad or a mad dash to the checkout when Lamart opens the store 

The Anvil, the DaniVape BFG and PhattPiggies Thermal Accumulator interest me at the moment as they're all quite similar, like big Vapcaps

Altho they don't quite fulfill the brief here, I believe they can be used with bigger IHs like the iSpire Wand 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zeroG said:

nothing else need be said. Little bugger found lights and exciting looking things, and went to town until both buttons on both devices were shot, all out of warranty

TM has a 10 year warranty so you are still covered for repair.

• Like 1