Red Hot in the Tropic - SS7

Clumsy

Thanks @Punta Roja Fingers crossed :)

Think start of the chopping window will be in about 10 days but they could potentially go another three weeks.

I'll definitely be looking to take them on the early side, get my jars full and get the next one flowering. Hope you're well.

Hey All

So end of Week 7 flower, the girls are looking frosty and the mornings aren't, so all good here, hope everyone is well :)

Temps are normal 22-25c at roots, I've been keeping an eye on how often my tube heaters are on and it's most of the time.

So when it comes to totting up I think I should take another 55w into account. Hopefully get a heat mat in there for autumn.

I've cut the feed completely,just plain water  as you can see the tips are a bit sad and there is some rough looking leaves below the net but I'm pretty happy with them overall.

They are still drinking plenty, I'll give them as close to another two weeks as I can.

Have some constraints on drying if I want to keep temps optimal so will have to take that into account.

Two very different plants:

Whorly is super frosty with big swelling buds, you can see a few shades of colour trying to poke through.

large.SSDay47a.jpg

large.SSday49f.jpglarge.SS21Day49f.jpg

And Plant A, the nugs are pretty firm, but calyxes are still not swelling as much, even though it appears she is slightly further along.

Left of the "M" is plant A :)

large.SS21PD47flantA.jpg

large.SSDa47.jpg

So really just watering and waiting on these two now, I'm looking forward to my first taste of Whorly who smells lovely.

I'll probably dry all the tops for vaping and make a few bits and pieces with the rest.

And the clone,

I've taken off a few fan leaves, and started to fill back the central gap.

Just attaching it back to itself with some ties. I'll probably need to make another training net. Then I can just remove the other one with the drying plants still attached. Have got some bits and pieces so will do that this week.

large.clone.jpglarge.clone2.jpg

Have dropped the light back to 50w as 65 seemed a little high. Temps should start getting a bit steadier as outside temps pick up.

As the tent is on it's side there is a vent a the top middle and I have my fan and filter set up outside, pulling from the bottom to make the most of the heat. Think I'll be able to move one of the tubes out of the Flowerdrobe this month.

large.Clonetraining.jpg

That's all for now, take care, see you soon.

:oldtoker:

• Like 9

Hey All

Hope everyone is well, quick mid week picture update 

Environment is steady temps are normal, girls are still drinking a bit, taking just under a couple of days for two litres of plain water.

May have started them a little early on the plain water but they had been over fed so we'll see.

Tips and lower leaves obviously haven't got any better but the buds are coming along nicely.

Plant A colas are what I would call normal bud shape with points, whereas Whorly's colas are like a ball of calyxes with a round flattish top.

Both plants have a good coverage of trichomes with Whorly slightly more so. 

Probably should have taken are cutting of her but she really didn't look good going into flower, bit of an ugly duckling :)

Looking at these pics I would have thought ten days minimum but will see how they go.

Day 52

large.SSday52.jpg

Whorly Day52

large.SSDA52.jpglarge.Ssday52.jpglarge.SSdy52.jpglarge.SS52y.jpglarge.SS52rhc.jpg

Plant A Day52

large.RHCday52.jpg

Plant A Day51

large.SSRHCDay51f5.jpglarge.SSRHCDay51f3.jpg

So I've had a look and I think I can get five more tops in there for the next run, try and get the canopy a bit more level, will see how I get on :)

large.SS51b.jpg

The lady in waiting...currently under 3xSamsung 4k Strips running at 50w in 12 or 15 litres (never did find out) of Tropic Mix.

large.clone.jpg

That's all for now, take care, be back soon.

• Like 10

New I had a better shot of Plant A somewhere :) shows a little bit of colour trying to peek out.

Day52

large.SSRHCd52.jpg

• Like 10

K - oops think that fell off the start of my last post :)

Thanks @mr rhino pretty happy with them, the tips and edges don't look too bad in real life :wassnnme:

but the camera doesn't lie and there's definitely been a couple of blips along the way.

Hopefully not too much longer now.  Yours look like they're catching up and very nice too :) thanks for popping in, all the best.

• Like 5

Some nice colour coming through mate and plenty of the good stuff :yahoo: 

Loving the overhead shot of the canopy :yep: 

• Like 3

Thanks @jadenugs they've definitely got a good frosting, and both are showing about the sane amount of colour on the buds.

From early on it looked like A would be green and Whorly a darker purple more akin to your TPFV

But they've both ended up with a similar light purple, only on the buds that I can see.

Great stuff going on over at your place. You've got some crazy colas going on, my fingers got tired scrolling down them :D

And so,so healthy, really nice work :yep:

Thanks for dropping by, all the best.

• Like 5

Hey All

A few pics, these are taken with my old Lumix compact, which actually doesn't take too bad a close up by the look of things,

WelI, I was pretty happy with them until I saw Jadenugs and Delagdos lol

Red Hot Cookies Day53 Close-Ups 

large_tri7.jpglarge_tri6.jpglarge_tri5.jpglarge_tri4.jpglarge_tri3.jpglarge_tri2.jpglarge_Tri1.jpg

• Like 14

Nowt wrong with those pics mate, showing all the details that need to be seen, and looking great, nice colours :yep: 

• Like 5

Great pictures, you've got some fantastic detail from the camera, and I like the angles and compositions you've used :yep:

The plants themselves are looking great, especially Whorly, with the swelling, colour and frost. Not too long now and you will have a nice and tasty harvest.

• Like 4

Cheers @jadenugs TBH I don't usually look at trichomes for harvest unless they're clones, usually go by overall "ripeness".

I think you can generally see with the naked eye when they start turning.  But they make for nice pics :)

Small confession, I tried a tiny bud of Whorly that kept on getting caught in the door :wassnnme:  it wasn't racy at all, even with a large number of clear trichs, pretty chilled

So they'll definitely be coming down in the next week, just waiting for them to swell a bit.

Thank you @delagdo I've struggled a bit with pics with this camera, mainly the lighting, the flash is very poor but these came out well with just the LED.

I don't edit or crop them unless I've left something stupid in the photo. Just resize them and adjust the quality in Gimp to max the upload limit.

Always nice to see what you talented guys can do with a camera, plenty of inspiration, keep up the great work, all the very best.

• Like 5

There's just as much frustration involved with photograghy as there is with growing, for me mate. They both go hand in hand as far as learning is concerned. The results can be very rewarding though when you hit the sweet spot on both :) It would be a lot easier to just choose some settings that have worked in the past but it's that desire to improve that always complicates things for me lol 

Nice crowns on the Whorly dude, I had this happen wityh a grow on the same plant. Can't remember which strain but some buds were pointed and some were crowned, all on the same plant. I think it might have been something to do with their distance from the lamp but again I can't remember which were the closest.

Nice to know the early taster wasn't racy. I shy away from clear trichs, probably why I've never had a quick finisher lol 

Great work mate, keep it up and I hope you're on the mend :smokin: 

• Like 2

Hey All

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the long weekend, cold the next few days so keep an eye on those temps :) 

This update will bring us to the end of week 8. 56 days and not far from chop.

Temps have been steady with roots between 22c - 25c as we established with the logger the ambient temps aren't far from that.

Humidity outside the drobe is below 55%, I have a dehumidifier set at that, but it's rarely coming on.

Lights still 120w @ 13"

Girls are still drinking a fair bit still nearly 2litres of plain water every day and a half. Both plants have a few white pistils left but Whorly is quite fat and looks like she is slightly ahead now.

All shots below are taken today on Day56 flower.

Group -

First shot was taken with flash, lights off.

large_56y.jpg

The second was with the lights on and I've tried adjusting the WhiteBalance on the camera.

The top leaves are a lot lighter than the bottom.

large_56da.jpg

Plant A -

Is ripening up nicely she has a mixture of clear and cloudy trichs with a spattering of early ambers.

large.SSday56.jpg

Some of the colas are slim and pointed.

large_56e.jpg

But there are a healthy number of them (with flash)

large_56c.jpg

Hopefully bit of swelling yet to come from her,

large_56b.jpg

Although a couple of Plant A's colas are a bit fatter already :)(with flash)

large_56a.jpg

Whorly -

Has fattened up a bit over the last week and now looks further ahead than Plant A,

large_56o.jpg

Like Plant A, Whorly still as few white pistils and a mixture of trichs

large_56p.jpg

With mostly round, flattish topslarge_56d.jpg

Quite chunky already, with some nice colours

large_d56.jpg

and plenty of frosting :)(with flash)

large_56t.jpg

They could probably go up to a couple of weeks, but the little taster seemed on point and I don't want them too stoney. So they'll come down some time this week.

large_56.jpg

Clone

The clone is looking alright, temps have been dropping a bit but she hasn't suffered too badly.

Expecting her to perk up once she goes into the Flowerdrobe :) I 'll do a bit of trimming when the net goes on and she's in the right shape.

large.Clone7week.jpg

Filling up the prop tent nicely so should slip into the drobe without issue. Still under 50Watts.

large.Clone7weeks.jpg

That's all for now, thanks for stopping by, take care all.

• Like 16

Thanks @KC, for the kind words and popping by.

A lot more pics get deleted than are selected, but I guess that's the joy of digital photography.

I'd be bankrupt if I had to use film :) 

@jadenugs It can be a bit frustrating as I can see what I want to capture but more often than not it's not right, of course it doesn't help being stuck halfway in a wardrobe.

Did think about getting a new camera but all the pics I've ever taken are on here so I'm not an avid user and this hobby can be expensive enough.

Googled a few of the cameras and phones people are using, think I'll stick with my compact which can currently be had on the bay for the same price as a lens cover :D

Yes the taster wasn't racy at all, but she also reeked of incense which really isn't my cup off tea. That was quick dried though, will see what they are both like dried properly and go from there, maybe extra bubble or oil.

Thanks for popping by and best of luck in the CoTC :lucky:

• Like 5