Red Hot in the Tropic - SS7

Clumsy

Excellent diary man with great pics and alot of very nice frosty dense looking buds :notworthy: I bet that cream mandarine bubble was insanely good and tasty :wub: I look forward to see what ya do with your trim. Congrats on a a great job and all the best in the comp :yep: 

• Like 4

Some nice colourful, tasty looking end product you have there mate. Well done with the grow and the diary, top job :yep: 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I've  neglected this a bit been researching my vape report, be good when it comes, honest lol

Thanks @Woodie2010 the CreamMandarine was one of the tastiest plants I've had in a while, will give it another go at some point.

As I don't grow many plants the bubble is always a nice little treat :) But your dry-ice looks great, would like to give that a try one day. 

I'll be doing a small oil run with this trim now, probably next couple of days, will use a bit of that to infuse some coconut oil for baking.

Cheers @mr rhino congrats on the CoTC nomination, your diary and grow they're looking great, best of luck with the rest of your plentiful harvest

Thank you @sprog for the kind words and for following along, very much appreciated, all the best

Thanks @jadenugs Sweet Seeds representing well in the CoTC this month, thank you very much for the vote :) 

Your entry is absolutely stunning, it even got an "Oh Wow" from Mrs Clumsy, she has little interest in these things usually.

Best of luck :lucky:

Hey All, hope everyone is well,

The jars are still curing, some of the buds were coming up a little dry so I added a small bit of leaf from the clone when I was trimming.

Am enjoying vaping smaller bits and pieces but will leave it as long as poss before doing a final vape report.

While I'm here this is the clone at Day 17flower...large.clone2.jpglarge.Clone1.jpg

I've had a few non-grow issues which have meant the Drobe is out of action at the mo, so she's just been slung in a 80x160 tent and left to it really.

She hasn't stretched nearly as much as her mum and is looking OK so far, pretty hard to train as the net and frame aren't attached to anything  :)

Am hoping she'll fit back in the Drobe in a couple of weeks if I can get things sorted, not very practical where she is.

Will be back with a vape and oil report, til then take care

:oldtoker:

• Like 8

Cheers @Punta Roja :cheers: Hope you're well mate :)

Hey All, Hope everyone is well, Oil update today :)

Plenty of tutorials on here and discussions of safe practice etc, read them carefully is my advice :) 

Here's the kit I used, seems to be pretty standard, except for that crappy little syringe.

Just over 100g of sugar leaf and bud.

large.1.jpg

Washed and filtered twice as I managed to drop a bit of sediment back in :wallbash:

large.6098dea521dd7_Untitled.jpg

OUTSIDE! OUTSIDE! OUTSIDE!

large.5.jpg

Nearly there...

large.4.jpg

Decanted ready for oil bath, stirred with an instant read thermometer and decarbed by eye.

large.2.jpg

Last bits collected with some coconut oil :)

large.3.jpg

Had a mare with the syringes as I'd let it cool too much and the little one was just crap, so I've got 7ml in the syringe, which will be offered to a friend.

And just over 5ml plus the cleaning up in the coconut oil, which I'll dilute into caps or do some baking with, maybe a bit of both :)

large.oilncoco.jpg

Tried a little yesterday, very nice, will get back with a write up when I've tried a bit more,

Cheers all, take care.

• Like 10

Cheers for your vote too mate. Yeah Sweet Seeds have a large gathering in COTC this month. All good stuff :) 

I asked my missus if she ever gets sick of hearing about ganja. She said sometimes, with a smile. I said you're better being a ganja widow than being a golf or a fishing widow, I'd never be home. Or a pub widow, I'd be locked up all the time like I used to be lol She just laughed.

Clone looks great mate and that oil looks tasty :yep: 

• Like 4

Hey All,

Hope everyone is well. Nearly there, just been doing a bit more processing this week :)

Very good news, my friend doesn't require the oil, so that's good news for me too.

I've made some Caps (below) that I'll be using during a steroid taper.

This is the oil you can see it's a lovely amber colour.

large.4.jpg

I had about 6 grams already in 30 grams of coconut oil. Dissolved 2 more grams of oil and 10 more grams of Coconut oil in a hot water bath.

To give roughly 8g in 40.large.1.jpg

Filled with a syringe large.2.jpg

And chilled :)

large.3.jpg

Ended up with 52 capsules so roughly 150mg per cap, I think, they're only for me so it doesn't matter too much, suck it and see :)

Had a little bit of that mix left so brought it up to 50g of coconut oil and added another couple of grams of oil, this I'll use for baking a small something, Mrs Clumsy is busy so I may have to grace the kitchen myself :D

Still have a three grams of oil left, which I'll save (for a bit).

large.5.jpg

The clone is flowering nicely, this is day 26 in the tent...

large.Clone.jpg

...and day 28, back in the Drobe, fairly trouble free.  Think she looked happier with the extra space but Mrs Clumsy didn't.

large.clone.jpglarge.clone2.jpg

I'll be back for a final write up, thanks for reading all, take care

• Like 7

Hey All,  Hope everyone is well :)

Finishing up time, I did mean to do this on Thursday but got waylaid by some cookies, still recovering now, but here we go.

It didn't seem right to be harvesting Cookies without making some, unfortunately Mrs Clumsy was not available...so we ended up with these :mashed:

large.cookies.jpg

What they lack in presentation they certainly make up for in potency think there's 2.5g of oil between 12 but seemed stronger.

The reason they're not all iced, they were going to be nice smiley stars, is because I had to go and have a lay down after trying one, two, I don't know it was all a blur, properly on my arse lol

And there was me saying mind your dosing, Just to make sure I pretty much did the same the next day, yep they're strong and loooong lasting. They do the trick but I'll definitely be leaving the baking to Mrs C in the future.

The caps are much more reliable, one of these gives a nice feeling for about four hours, considering the oil was fully decarbed they're not stoney, I did keep a close eye on temps.

Get quite a good high for the first hour or so followed by a relaxing calm, but with not much sedation.

Have been starting the day with one of these and will move up to two next week.

large.3.jpg

At the moment the straight oil is my favourite, love the hashy taste when left to dissolve.

Find the sublingual uptake quite different to the edibles or maybe I'm just dosing better :) "rice size" gives a nice mellow buzz, relaxing but functional.

large.4.jpg

For vaping I've been using my vintage Herbalaire (bags) and a standard VapCap with torch, to be honest I usually run these hot,

HA turned up max :)

large.grind.jpg

At these temps a lot of the flavour is lost but in favour of high, creamy vapour production.

I can quite happily vape away on the Vapcap all day IF I haven't been hitting the edibles :)

The Herbalaire is a bit harder hitting, I usually do two consecutive Medium bags, this strain has a little edginess to it at that level.  

Flavour wise I lost a bit in the drying, but turning the HA down or obeying the VapCap clicks brings through a light fruitiness in Plant A, more of a confectionery fruit than the fresh orangey smell you get from the stem rub, going to see if it will come out more in the clone with a better dry.

Whorly has held more flavour, the incense is still there but not as prominent and has been added to with a bit of citrus, maybe a bit Christmas like. They both smell a lot when vaped, Whorly still reeks.

Both are fine to vape all day but Whorly is a little more relaxing with out being couch lock, I don't have much of her in the vape jar.

Plant A has a more uplifting high and is more to my taste, will look to mature the clone a bit more see if that slight edge goes.

Collecting for a rainy day :)

large.kief1.jpg

The Grow

Grow went well, no strain related issues, only my own (check out Shumroom's diary if you want to see a healthy Red Hot Cookie :)) ,

Whorly was an interesting departure from the norm, and pretty rare I think, so can't comment on uniformity of strain, but Plant A was good representation of the strain description and will be happy to harvest her clone.

I've got biscuits, caps, oil and bud so am more than happy with the haul.

Another couple of solid plants from Sweet Seeds which to date have always turned out well with no dramas, thank you, keep up the great work.

Clone

Wasn't geared up for it but still pretty successful

Here's the last pic, Day 40f, doing fine,

She was from Plant A, will try and take her a little bit longer than her mum. See if she fills out that bit more.

large.clone.jpg

Whorly and Plant A.

large_w6.jpglarge_a5.jpg

And we're done, thanks to everyone who's dropped by, read or commented.

Big thanks to Joolz and the mods for all they do and of course to Sweet Seeds for a great competition.

Cheers Apolo, Jaypp, Tommy and all the other participants see you next year :yep:

Take care, all the very best.

• Like 10

Excellent diary Clumsy mate:yep:

Enjoy your buds and edibles :bong:

All the very best with the comp!!!!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...