Red Hot in the Tropic - SS7

Clumsy

@Punta Roja She's sitting here laughing, saying, she'll take it herself and only needs a one way ticket :down:

Fortunately she hasn't been vaccinated so wont be going anywhere :) 

Quite funny, she ran out of craft glue so went and grabbed some from her mum who lives local,

Couldn't tell her what she was making, so has had to make a Mothers Day card as well lol

:oldtoker:

• Like 5

Hey All

Hope everyone is good, here's a catch up for week 5 flower :)

Scope v2 strips @ 120w 13 inches

Root Temps 22-25c,

Canopy temps see below,

Feed 2.5/3ml/L Canna Terra Flores .25/.5ml/L Intense Nutrients MagCal, Epsom Salts

Ran the logger for a few more days, unfortunately I had it set at minute readings so the graph is a bit jittery.

You can see the canopy humidity and temps stay pretty steady through night 22c and day 24c, humidity 50-60%

It's easier to see on the software as the times and dates come up as you scroll and every individual log is searchable.

Will have more of a read on the VPD subject for next time.

Haven't put it back in the Flowerdrobe, will use it to keep an eye on the clone.

large.604d2879bec25_EasyLogUSB11.jpg

As you'll see below, the buds have now started to fill out a bit, trichomes are plentiful :)

The plants look OK, slightly overfed so I've knocked back both the Bloom and MagCal a bit.

One lower bud in a corner caught my eye as it looked like all the pistils had turned orange a bit quickly, I can't see anything untoward so fingers crossed.

large.SShmm.jpg

Plant A starting to fill out a bit Day 35

large.SS21Day35ii.jpglarge.SS21Day35fa.jpg

And a couple of shots of Whorly also at 35 Days

large.SS21D35d.jpglarge.SS21D35a.jpg

And the pair together, would have been nice to have matching sides, definitely some more potential with clones or one plant .

large.SS2135.jpg

The little buds are beautiful too :wub:

large.close1.jpg

Was supposed to have a potted up clone in here as well but didn't turn the heat mat on so am waiting for it to warm up.

Will pop back later with pics, thanks for reading, take care.

• Like 16

Hey All

To follow on from yesterday, here's the clone update

She was topped again a few days ago and bent about a bit. There is a method to the madness...I think :)

large.ssclone.jpg

She was then potted up yesterday, as you can see the roots have started to circle the pot, which I don't thinks a good thing.

Will probably only be in this pot 5-7 days and then into final.

large.roots.jpg

All clipped in to her new home. Keeping her pretty short while in the little tent,

large.SSclone.jpg

And here you can see the results of the topping and training.

Trying to keep her flat under the T5 as this is roughly the same size and shape as the flower area.

Sixteen tops here but she may have to be done again as the drobe wont be free for at least three weeks.

large.SS21training.jpg

That's all for now, Thanks for reading, be back soon :oldtoker:

• Like 14

Thanks @Punta Roja

Roots are crazy! Think it's the coco, but they do go round and round. Too long in that pot maybe, might have a look at cloth pots for air pruning in future.

Finally pulled my finger out and ordered some bits for a new veg light, try and keep the clone healthy and growing for the next few weeks. Will start to struggle under the T5 shortly.

I've got some of these 4k strips so will hopefully make one that fits in both the tent and the Flowerdrobe, lofty dreams of going two tier with some Regs I've got.

large_Led.jpg

Bits and bobs will hopefully be here over the next couple of days, so might have it done by the weekend. Will try and get a few pics up, but best laid plans and all that, I still haven't changed my filter :) 

Take care, all the best.

• Like 7

Hey All

Hope everyone is well,

Quick update, I know I keep saying I'll change my filter and build a light, yeah, yeah, all talk I here you say :)

Well I did and I have, so note to self filter changed 18/03, and below is my new veg light.

Happy to say where I got anything from and prices but am not qualified to answer anything else, I'll have a tot up but think it was around £120 including an overpriced driver.

DIY 150w Samsung 4k strip build.

large.1.jpglarge.2.jpglarge.3.jpg, large.4.jpg

Hmm don't think the sockets I've been sent will fit in my tent lol

large.60533020c3d09_wtf.jpg

I'll pop back later with some planty stuff, here's the girls at Day37, cheers.

large.front.jpg

And if anyone finds my profile pic laying around :down:

Edited by Clumsy
  • Like 15

Hey All

Hope everyone is well, bit crazy in the Clumsy household today, this post is dedicated to Mrs Clumsy :wub:

Was woken this morning 4am with a lot of pain, bottom of left ribs.

Sweating and writhing, Mrs Clumsy found me crawling towards the Growdrobe to try and feed the girls, how's that for dedication, stupidity? :)

She put me back to bed and sorted the bits and pieces out.

Pain got worse through out the day, spoke to 111 in the afternoon and they sent an emergency ambulance.

Paramedics arrived,  ran an ECG,  pulse of 33bpm, looking grey and shit, possible heart attack :nope:

ECG was then sent to a Cardiologist before they moved me, cool eh, who said he thought it was Pericarditis, better news?

So the paramedics started packing me up, as I (to them) was shouting random words to Mrs C, "Clumsy, 'password', Punta, Shumroom, anyone, get help with the girls" probably thought it was the morphine lol 

So stuck on a morphine drip and some anti nausea stuff and blue lit to hospital and straight into resusc.

CT scan, ECG, Chest X-ray, Dr painfully hitting me in the back, ahh nasty kidney infection in the left and kidney stones in the right, that will be it, at least no heart attack.

So I'm back home now with some antibiotics and instructions to ring 999 if anything gets worse "because we sometimes get it wrong" :)

Hopefully be alright now until/if the stones start moving, don't fancy passing a 4mm stone thanks.

So thanks again NHS and a big thank you to Mrs Clumsy :notworthy:

Now lets have some bud pics, all at Day39 

These have been lit with my T5

Whorly

large.WhorlyDay39.jpg

Plant A

large.SSDAy39f.jpg

Plant A or Whorly :spliff:

large.SS21D39f.jpg

The pair.

large.SS21D39fa.jpg

Will try and keep on top of the diary over the next couple of weeks, was told I might still get a bit sore and tired while it all clears up, but should be good.

Thanks for popping by, cheers @badbillybob :yep:

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 20

Hope you're feeling better soon :yep:

I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy,

at least it hasn't stopped your sense of humour :D

Plants are looking great. 

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 4

Thank you @Shumroom for the well wishes and kind words, feel OK today, pretty tired.

As you're always so helpful on here and often pop in to my diary I was sure you or Punta would assist Mrs Clumsy if needed.

She also likes your name so I knew she'd remember it :)

But all good and,,,

lol

• Like 5

Bloody hell mate. That is some dedication I hope your on the mend. Sending all the best wishes here. Sounds like Mrs clumsy brownie point bank is getting seriously large, god knows how your gonna pay her back this time. Loved ones reallly are the only things that matters. 

Greah light build! They're so easy to do aren't they! Plus look at them ladies, that's gonna be some trim session. Amazing growing and frost to boot. Love it.

All the best with your recovery, and take your time.... Health is key. 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Clumsy said:

don't fancy passing a 4mm stone thanks.

Try ph down :-)

Sorry to hear about your plight mate. Been there before with the kidney stones. Fucking painful.

I didn't really notice their passing fortunately. I read about increasing dietary acid intake (kefir, yoghurt, sauerkraut, fruit etc) and keeping well hydrated and that must have helped dissolve them.

GWS

• Like 5

Thanks @growinggold yeah she's a keeper

TBH she has seen me in some interesting states over the 20 odd years and is still here :)

Lights, yes they are, this was my second build so was super easy.

Took about four hours as I wasn't feeling great, funny that.

Can't believe more people don't build their own, I think you could build it for under £100 with some shopping around.

As it's a veg light and will only be run at low wattage I've gone for only sticking the strips as supposed to screwing.

Plenty of people on other forums have used them like this for years with no probs and am in there a few times a day so should see any issues.

Also manged to snap my cheap drill bit on the last frame bolt so the decision was pretty much confirmed there.

Trim doesn't look like it will be too bad.

I just trim off the fan leaves, cut the main stem and turn the net over, instant (well 10mins) hanging plants :)

After a couple of days I'll move the whole thing to the small tent and finish it off in there.

Cheers for popping in as per usual, and thank you very much for your kind words, ATB

@Wacky Wardrobe haven't had much pain from the stones yet, but the infection was very touchy.

I'm fairly used to dealing with pain but once it reaches the vomiting levels I'm done :)

Will have a read up on the acidic diet sounds like a much better option than passing them 

Think I'll start with some lemon juice and up apple cider vinegar before reaching for the phosphoric acid.

Thank you very much for the info and the kind words ATB

• Like 6

Blimey mate what an ordeal! Hope your feeling better/nicely medicated now! 

And yea nice light dude that may have to be a project for future me. I like the homemade approach wherever possible :cowboy:

Glad your plants are behaving themselves, very frosty! 

All the best:yinyang:

• Like 6