Dutch Passion Auto Power Plant

Dodgee

Soil temperature, controls so many factors in nutrient assimilation. The optimal soil temperature for the bacterial community maintenance, in the heart of the soil is 24c + or - 2c, 22c being the minimum required, for nutrient uptake, i find the handheld infra red thermometer, gives instant temperature readings, give or take 2c, so you can easy check temps at top of cab and soil temp, and what your light is producing therms wise . But how to get the wasted heat, that rises to the top of room or cab ? causing a thermocline, how to mix it top to bottom, so the soil can be warmed ? ie an homodinous temp strata top to bottom ?

Most people put the carbon filter up high in the stratified hot zone, as floor space is at a premium, this means as the heat rises it is sucked away, without heating the soil, or for that matter standing water being warmed to cab temp, matching root temp 24c, no cold water shocks to warm root matrix. This is how i recirculate the heat, so the cab temp is same top as at the floor. I use 100mm inline vent-axia 28w/hr small bathroom extractor fan. This sits in the corner of the room or cab, and the intake duct is run up to the very top of the cab, pulls air down, and pushes it through my old 300cm fresh carbon filter, on the floor. The hot air rises mixing and pulling cold air up of the floor (Cold Air Sinks), and at the same time the old carbon filter still scubs the terp off somewhat. I have 2 vent axia 100mm hot air re-circulation fan dragging down the heat, that rises to the cab top and mixing it, with the cold floor air while it dose a bit of terp washing into the bargain.

This prevents thermal stratification, in the cabinet, leading to cold soil, and raises the floor and soil temps to the same as the ceiling zone. Lifting the soil temp to the room temp, a valuable commodity. warmer matts run at 100W each ?. You just need to use the heat you pay to produce from the lights. During lights out, what then ? how to keep soil temps up when lights of ? How to maintain 24c ? I use a 1kw thermostatic heater fan, with knock over safety switch, the two 28w vent-axia's re-circulation fans do the same job as when lights on, as the thermo controlled floor heater fan kicks in and out at 27-28c the fans mix the heat, "keeping The Root Matrix" warm at 24c during lights out. As usually, the temp crashes during lights out, dragging down the root temp. Accordingly, you want to match your feed water to that temp, Infra red thermometer, come in handy again for temp matching.

No biology like a sharp diurnal rhythm, 10c floor temp 12hrs, light out, 26c 12hrs lights on, a sharp diurnal rhythm. Temperature in nature is slow in changing for a reason. It negates thermal shock to the biology. I use an organic medium, that is Ph stable the whole 100 day cycle =  gold label 'Special Mix", it's proven Dutch kit.  The only thing i add to it is RootGrow, "Mycorrhizal" fungi, that like it at 24-25c in the soil while at work with the root system ! This is why i usually do automatics in winter, as the lights are on 18hrs upto 12 midday, that way the 1kw heater fan is only on 6hrs. Why 18hrs not 20 or 24 ?/............... we only get 18 hour in nature, and canna being a primordial strain, that survived the "Kc" event. it is programmed over millions of years to 18/6 full summer 12/12 winter equinox. If you push 24/0, or even 20/4..... the plant struggles to reverse respiration, (Dark Calvin Cycle). On 24/0 the plant shuts down anyway during the constant light period, to convert the sugars its made ATP, into somatic growth, at least its at a good temperature to do so, (Eyes) or 'Stoma" reversed respiration detox.  From experience, stable soil temps (As You get In The Ground) with a near flat diurnal rythum, is one of the most important factors in dirt culture, and trichome production. These are my own experiences, over ten yrs of culturing in a small box room of 13 cubic meter.

Best to all.  Autoberry

• Like 3

Dodgee mate, hope you dont maind a site Qs, as a team member, can you tell me why i dont have the Pm facilities set up yet dodge ??...... and is there anyway i can get my previous acc back up ?/........ as i was a senior member with 3k post 4k like etc..... and me 6yrs of gallery pics, i cant get access to them ?? or pass it to a mod to reinstate etc /....... thank in advance AutoBerry,

Ps, i woulda Pm'ed but i cant at the mo !.....

• Like 1

Dodge mate, dont worry ok, someone else has sorted it out, i have my old account back now, 'AutoMaster and me gallery thk god !! phew  thx "AutoMaster", best to all AM

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Suffering.. 

I'll grab some pics tomorrow or Sunday, up to my eyes with the kids right now. 

But not good really, low temps, low humidity have both played their part.. 

I was due some shit after 2 pretty much faultless runs though, swings n roundabouts :yinyang:

• Like 5

Dodgee there buggers early on keep on ph if ur using tank.

Im running some now in flower id say 2 weeks max on most ,ones i tied down extra are gna be mental imo :yahoo:.

Ill do some good pics tomm i have uploaded some tonight but not the best tbh ....some ghsc e' cheese autos also but there not even close .....these pp are going nuts !!.

1.8 ec canna a and b /1ml at mom' per ltr of intense wideload just started as was waiting on it (£200 !) . no burn 2 x 1 min feeds on blue drippers 18hrs 5 x 600w hps ...

GG

• Like 3

In This pic theres 2 defo phenos ...most are like back right bushy as hell when lst'd,then other is more sativa leaved ...btm left ,btm right is no taller than 18" no stretch at all and the only runt lol .large.20201210_184027_resize_68.jpg

Pic 2 : back 2 rows are PP .

Back left id say is special & look like it could be a beast....eating nutes in hunger as i said 1.8 due to mass of them .large.20201202_193805_resize_92.jpg

Ive re-arranged my room yest ill take some more pics as rooms filled since these 1s .

Goodluck with yours ...any ideas now on issues ?

GG

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Ccs141 said:

that tall one looks like its gonna be a Gooden

Pic 1,2 & 3 are 1s i think will be beasts (same height as tall xmas tree) but 20 budtops stretched out just a week behind id say as there slightly slowed down by there extra lst'ing theyve had due to there size b4 ....

GG

• Like 2