Dutch Passion Auto Power Plant

Dodgee

Alright folks!  Hope this finds you well! 

So awhile back the good people at Dutch Passion @DutchPassionTony gifted me some auto seeds to run,  I usually do a few autos over the winter as its easier to leave the lights on that faff about with heaters etc..

So here's what they generously sent me, 

large.image_copy_2172x1573.jpg

So first I prepped some pots, once again I'm reusing the ecothrive soul, broken up and recharged with some plant life cycle and charge,  like so.. 

large.IMG_20200903_135315_copy_1332x1209.jpglarge.IMG_20200903_140447_copy_1332x1738.jpg

These were left to sit a few weeks before I put a few seeds into soak, 

large.PXL_20201105_091631901_copy_1023x612.jpglarge.PXL_20201105_091743632_copy_1023x1111.jpg

After an overnight soak I popped them into some jiffy plugs and stuck em under the T5 to sprout, 

large.IMG_20201108_161532_copy_1200x969.jpglarge.IMG_20201108_161615_copy_1200x1197.jpglarge.IMG_20201108_161712_copy_1200x1239.jpglarge.IMG_20201108_161801_copy_1200x1024.jpg

12ish hours later we have life!  Once all 3 had chucked there shells and had leaves out they were transferred to the 12/15(i forget) L fabric pots and placed upstairs in the veg tent under the 4000k Sammy strips on top of a heated blanket, 

large.IMG_20201117_093643_copy_1200x1600.jpglarge.IMG_20201117_093647_copy_1200x1600.jpglarge.IMG_20201117_093652_copy_1200x1600.jpg

Excuse the crap pictures, new phone/camera and still learning.. 

Anyway a few days later, 

large.IMG_20201123_142557_copy_1181x1368.jpglarge.IMG_20201123_142623_copy_1181x1375.jpglarge.IMG_20201123_142643_copy_1181x1201.jpg

Now 4000k strips are great for veg but I figured something more appropriate for flowering would be necessary, with that in mind I took out 2 of the strips and replaced with 3 x qx75w boards supplied by our fantastic sponsor @diyleduk these boards are full spectrum with more deep and far red in the mix,

large.IMG_20201117_094614_copy_1408x920.jpg

So 1 75w board per plant plus a bit of crossover light from the strips, the boards are on a separate 185w driver so slightly under run, I may upgrade that later.. 

Here are the girls yesterday, 

large.IMG_20201126_093841_copy_1600x1200.jpglarge.IMG_20201126_100650_copy_1600x1629.jpglarge.IMG_20201126_100747_copy_1600x1412.jpg

If they look a little sad it's coz the temps in the loft have bottomed out these past few days but I have a plan to remedy that (a dodgee one not the cunning sort). 

Anyways if you got this far thanks for reading! 

As always looks/laffs/bantz is what this diary is all about and hopefully showcasing some amazing new genetics from our friends at Dutch Passion. 

Please feel.free to steer me right when I appear to be going wrong! It will happen! lol

Thanks for looking, nice1 ta

• Like 13

looking good so far mate, Hope they fly for you.

is that charge or mychorrizal or what in the bottom of the pots?

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

looking good so far mate, Hope they fly for you.

is that charge or mychorrizal or what in the bottom of the pots?

Yeah it's ecothrive lifecycle and ecothrive charge added into the pots around the halfway mark mucka :yep:

I did add some mycos when I put the jiffys in the pots though. 

6 minutes ago, Exhale said:

Let's see what you can do with the Autos then @Dodgee be good to see how this 225w QX does, were these the reduced price boards?

Yeah these were the dent/dink boards but I can see a minor scratch on one but other than that fuck all wrong with em.  Adam must have better eyesight than me aye! 

Not sure it's technically 225w as I'm only driving at 185w so something like 61.8w per board or something like that.. I maybe wrong though I'm sure Adam said before the drivers sometimes out perform the spec sheets.. 

Thanks for stopping by guys! 

Hopefully I can do these autos justice, my mums at the back of the tent are looking decidedly unhappy, to cold up there and they been pot bound too long I think, I'll give them some tlc in the coming days. 

Atb

• Like 4

All the best with these Dodgee, looks like your are off to a great start. 

Looking forward to see how they do under your led set up, atb :smokin:

• Like 2

Hey mate, nice to see something from DP being run on here, an cool it’s Power Plant, I had been looking at it before, reg version. 

Sativa an a cup winner, so should be a real nice toke. 
An look’s like your off to a great start, though I know nowt about auto’s, so I will just be watching on. 
Good luck dude. :yep:

• Like 1

@shire

Thanks for stopping by man!  I'm interested myself, first time using this particular set up so it's gonna be a learning curve!

@Amo

I ran couple of DP's autos a few years back and was very happy with the result at the time :yep:

The original powerplant was a bit of a staple in the early years of (my own) growing career.  Was common in many grooms :hippy:

For anyone who is interested this is the blurb from the DP website,

The 90's brought a lot of great stuff. Some epic music, the feminised seed technique (invented by yours truly) and a true 'coffeeshop classic'; the legendary, high yielding, knock-you-out Power Plant.

Even today you can still find this variety in many Dutch coffeeshops. Power Plant has South African roots and is known for its ease of grow with large harvests, great taste and powerful effect. If you have ever been to a coffeeshop in The Netherlands between 1997 and now, you probably have smoked it and most likely Power Plant made your stay in our country even more pleasant.

Because of its success over the past decades, it may not surprise you to know that we are now finally introducing the autoflowering version of the original 'Queen of Dutch coffeeshops'!

Auto Power Plant grows in just 10 weeks into a large sized autoflower, with hard, dense nugs and packs the same Power Plant Punch as the 90's classic. Its very attractive bud-to-leaf ratio and bumper harvests, make this variety especially popular with commercial growers.

The first drag from your joint, bong or vaporizer will take you right back to the era where it all began.

>>I took this particular variety on Tony's recommendation so am confident they will do the business (even in my amateur hands).

I also have a pack of banana blaze which I'm unsure whether to run in the little tent under the highlight boards or if I wanna leave that on 12/12 with some clones I have handy..  I'll see how temps are over the next week before I decide.

Whilst I remember I was meant to @teehee when I started this diary, hope your well mate if I can achieve even half what you pull off your autos I will be very pleased! :yinyang:i

Thanks to everyone for the looks/likes/comments x

Nice1 ta

Edited by Dodgee
  • Like 6

22 minutes ago, teehee said:

I'm in Bro, looking forward to how they turn out!

That top pack of seeds... are they Banana Blaze? 

Aye there's a 3 pack of bb and that one on the top is a single banana blaze to make 4 of them. 

The other 2 packs are auto power plant x3. 

The pp are meant to be 10 weekers so I'll wait about 6weeks then pop another 3 to throw in and then do the 4 bb last I think.  Get a kinda semi perpetual auto grow on for the winter. 

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to pop back and keep me on course :yep:

Hopefully these don't get too tall as height is my one limiting factor in that space :yinyang:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jack010 said:

keeping an eye as Toni is sorting me out the power plant autos

Tony@Dp is not in that role any more, @DP, he has been promoted !!............... "Pauline" is handling the free seeds and the forums from now on Automaster,

from the man himself, Tony@DP, to me; sent 25th Nov to me; He will probably be in and out occasionally, you know our Tone :)

Quote;

"Yes I will be here for many years yet I hope! But from time to time we need extra help and Pauline is great.

My main duties include a few things, including website content and liaising with some external people - it’s busier than ever and we can keep in touch socially of course, with Pauline doing the pips. She is often keen to showcase the upcoming stuff, so she may want to tempt you with something new, as you are one of the original 7 DP premier growers team from 10yrs back. 

Hope you’re doing OK and staying safe. Not long until the vaccine - best wishes from me (ps I accidentally closed your privnote about 3 seconds after reading it, but Pauline will re-take your details and see if you are tempted by some new pips. She coordinates a lot of our social media activities, instagram etc)"

Tony 
Edited by AutoMaster
  • Like 2

Not the happiest looking plants at the moment but soldiering on, 

large.IMG_20201130_101726_copy_1600x776.jpglarge.IMG_20201130_101751_copy_1600x1498.jpglarge.IMG_20201130_101814_copy_1600x1776.jpglarge.IMG_20201130_101842_copy_1600x1669.jpg

Hardiness is a good sign if they're to survive the coming months in my hands :yep:

• Like 6

Look a bit cold don't they, colour is good though so not much to worry about.

What's the temps like over by you mate? I'm pulling air as slow as I can go without losing negative pressure and have the electric blanket up to "fuck this it's cold" lol 

• Like 3

Same here mate, had a few frosts and average nights are >5°c.

Loft is around 16 atm and I've got the T6 down on setting 2 and the leccy blanket is on setting 3.

I'm tempted to fire up the little tent and just dump the extract back into the loft space tbh. Bad form I know and not good for humidity but would help get the temps up a cpl degrees at least.. 

:yinyang:

• Like 3

hello mate, i missed this one, i reckon get them up another couple of degrees ambient temp and you should be ok, but then i have never had a loft to grow in so i could be talking shite lol

any way, best of luck with them fella :)

• Like 2