What do people think about the floraflex range of powderd nutrients

chris48

Hi,just thought i would ask you wonderful people what u think about flora flex nutrients?? I've seen their videos and posts on the ig, they are all powder nutes and lots of the commercial growers are using them and i like the look of them and was going to try their drip fed ged systems too flora,cap in either rock wool or coco. just under £140,for the 8 plant kits with feeds and dripper kit might go for the coco version but also like the rock wool cube kit but need to source them trays for run off first,ramble over just wanted hear other people's thoughts on what they think about them thanks in advance nice1,.Chris...

• Like 2

I like the look of it all too, if i was going to go fully automated it would certainly be something I'd look into 

Edited by Owderb
Not needed quote removed
  • Like 2

I wish more nutrient manufacturers would sell their fertilisers in dry form, the waste & emissions involved in shipping a load of water around the world, when we could all just add it from the tap, seems bonkers.

• Like 7

I wouldn't mind trying these myself but can only find them shipping from the states, can only find the irrigation parts over here.

Also the e.c is a lot higher then I would normally run in coco. 

• Like 2

Maybe try Maxigro and Maxibloom first , cheap and does the job when used properly . Preferred it to veg+bloom powders that just seemed expensive and needed more .

• Like 5

I know sonic seeds posted on insta about a powdered nutrient called titan hydro that he said he rated but thats not cheap either he also said that veg+bloom seemed to be full of fillers as he was using a load to hit the desired ec.

@Arthur Mix @tokenroll do you have soft or hard water. Was going to go back to growers ark coco but fancy trying some powdered nutrients. 

• Like 4

@ukbudz tap water was EC0.3 during winter so soft, but summer is ec0.4 moderately hard. 

When i used them i added some epsom salts 3rd week of flower and then just bloom nutrient after that. Simple grow.

Toke...

• Like 3

Aye I saw what sonic said and I wasn’t impressed by veg+bloom cba to ask if he tried maxi .my waters reasonably hard and there is no soft or hard for maxi irc .

• Like 5

Has anyone looked into the Athena pro line?

I am also thinking to switch to salts on my next run.  So far the choices seem to be between Jacks 321, Athena AG and Floraflex.

Athena pro line seems to be the easiest to source

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Chronicmafia said:

I am also thinking to switch to salts on my next run.  So far the choices seem to be between Jacks 321, Athena AG and Floraflex.

I used to use a non cannabis specific one made by Chempak in my last few grows, they do a high nitrogen/grow and a low nitrogen/bloom and iirc was paying £7 for 800g (would make up 16,000 litres). Worked out so cheap and didn't really notice any difference. I've gone with the shogun feed this grow (my 14 quid 1l bottle will make up 500 litres, so over 60x more expensive!), first grow in 5yrs so figured best to stick with canna specific as makes it simpler if I have any issues and need to get help on here. For the next grow going to do a side by side with the Chempak and I'm pretty confident they will grow and yield very similar, there definitely won't be 60x difference lol .

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Chronicmafia said:

Yeah m8 ive seen that athena on ig,also them jungle boys use it in some of their rooms and floraflex also hear them bigging up that power si, Its a silica,/silicone additive, supposed to be good but expensive so i,ll b sticking to my shogun silicone cheap and plants love it but after thinking about things I'm just going to treat myself to a 16"pot, rhizo-system perfect for my 2,4,x2,4,mtr tent but jus keep researching floraflex kits but i also like them RTA drip systems hmm decisions,decisions

• Like 1

On 22/11/2020 at 0:57 PM, ukbudz said:

I wouldn't mind trying these myself but can only find them shipping from the states, can only find the irrigation parts over here.

Also the e.c is a lot higher then I would normally run in coco. 

I noticed the e,c was a lot higher when using their feeds ?? So not sure what's that about and their new full tilt ripener??

• Like 1

@chris48 I've no idea mate. I've never ran plants that high in coco before i normally never go past 1.4. The ripener put me off as well as I don't use those either. I'm a nutrient manufactures nightmare as i don't buy everything lol

• Like 2