Alien RDWC

Hogro

Can you upload a photo of the ball valve. I'm not familiar with the type this system uses.

I used to make ball valves from a past job, if its leaking sometimes we found the assembly process hadn't screwed the main body together tight enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Everything still going fine with this grow, one thing I've learned is to cut back a lot more during veg stage and train girls more as its very busy in tent, luckily it's a Mammoth Gavita G1 tent so a bit of extra hight in there and still eating and drinking well.

I've got camo tank set up and still emptying system weekly, they're taking the full camo tank plus full tank change weekly.

One question I'm running sterile with GHE tri-part, liquid silicone and silver bullet, I've got a litre of GHE ripen sitting there, is it advisable to use it in final week or so? Or leave well alone. :unsure:

PS. Ball valve not leaking any more but filter still just floats in there, I angled/raised connection slightly and put Jub clips on all connections which seemed to have worked.

Edited by beebs

iwould leave the ripen on the shelf, its only really for long flowering plants that refuse to finish.

• Like 1

Thanks bbb, I wasn't at all sure about using it after reading conflicting views online.

I'm growing Northern Lights as I wanted a short term flowering period, on week 4 of flowering and looking good, a bit busy but with no height issues.

Edited by beebs
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Sold my alien system, just couldn't get a grip of the root problems.

I got one decent grow then back to root problems.

Transferred my 6 ladies ( which were again showing root problems) into a Wilma system with 60/40 and they're thriving.

Stick to what you know:george:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/10/2021 at 1:42 PM, beebs said:

Sold my alien system, just couldn't get a grip of the root problems.

I got one decent grow then back to root problems.

Transferred my 6 ladies ( which were again showing root problems) into a Wilma system with 60/40 and they're thriving.

Stick to what you know:george:

Crazy mate. Would of loved for you to find out what the issues were. I can assure you those systems are excellent. Like you say if it ain’t working go back to what you know. 

Hope you smash the Wilma bud

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/01/2021 at 7:00 PM, beebs said:

Can I ask those who run this system, is it better to have the air pump outside of the tent or would it be ok to run it inside with input blowing over pump.

On another note its also worth trying to get your pump above the water level in your pots. If for some reason you had a power failure on the air pump they can syphon back and empty your pots all over your grow room floor. You may already have anti-syphon / one way valves installed but most dont like them much as its just another thing that can slow down the passage of air.

• Like 1