First time setup!

Organic Greens

53 minutes ago, Flamedodger said:

@Organic Greensdid you not get a temp and humidity controller with the T6? S6 should have a speed controller.

Hi @Flamedodger . Yes, I have and I am using it now BUT it`s working only in AUTO MODE. When temps and RH are OK fan switching off and that`s where troubles can begin - ODOR. To avoid smells I have to run T6 in ON mode all the time which means temp and RH controller wouldn`t work :-( 

• Like 2

I bought IHC-200 WiFi humidity controller and the ITC-308 WiFi thermostat for my tent (2.2x2.2X5.2 feet) which will arrive on following Thursday. I think this piece of equipment will cover my needs in this tent.

Now I am looking for an advice as I am NOOB in all these... @Shumroom  (will buy G.A.S. when upgrade my tent and looking forward to see your work in your diary), @NezA, @jtoogood, @sweettooth . Sorry be pain in butt guys but you know much much more than me and I will appreciate your help and advice!

As I have no much space left (wet towel, measure jug will go and plants might stay or go depends on setup)
large.tn_IMG_20201114_105839.jpg

I think I will go for cool tube and tubular heater or heat mat ... No idea what is better and what wattage to choose? Same for humidity controller I think I go for cool mist humidifier HUMIPRO COOL FOG GENERATOR 4L  (Dimensions (L x W x H): 16 x 16 x 31.5cm) and dehumidifier pro breeze 12L or 20L. I am still reading forum and looking on internet but I think I overheat myself and need stop for a while :-) 

Thank you!   

• Like 2

Sounds good to me, fitting all the kit in is always a tough balance. It's certainly worth doing if your environment is bang on your plants will thank you for it. But for a first run just try to keep things in acceptable levels rather than trying to perfect things you'll have enough on your plate learning everything there is to learn on a first grow without trying to perfect your environment.

A tube heater or 2 should be fine I was running 2 80w tube heaters for a while but now the colder weather is here they're not man enough for the task up in my loft. So this time of year the oil rad gets rolled out previously this has always caused me problems taking up precious cannopy space whereas now I've switched to vertical everything fits beautifully.

Remember you can add bits as you go along. I don't have a dehumidifier for example I'll get one as and when the need arises. 

I'd worry more about things like having a spare carbon filter and spare bulbs etc. My first grow my bulb went and I didn't have a spare on hand was a bit of a nightmare but managed to get by with some help from a friend. 

My humidifier is a £10 ultrasonic fogger off that auction site (the non LED version) I just chucked it in an open top 18L really useful box which is great for my footprint. I always opt for the best value way I can find of doing things. Sometimes there's perfectly workable solutions out there that don't have the "grow kit" tax attached. The WAC 1 fan controller is a great example for AC fans.

If you need any help with your controllers feel free to @ me I'll do my best to help. You might've seen I've been helping a few people over in my thread in the Environment sub forum. 

Looking forward to seeing how you get on with this run you've definitely started with a better setup than I did!

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, NezA said:

Sounds good to me, fitting all the kit in is always a tough balance. It's certainly worth doing if your environment is bang on your plants will thank you for it. But for a first run just try to keep things in acceptable levels rather than trying to perfect things you'll have enough on your plate learning everything there is to learn on a first grow without trying to perfect your environment.

A tube heater or 2 should be fine I was running 2 80w tube heaters for a while but now the colder weather is here they're not man enough for the task up in my loft. So this time of year the oil rad gets rolled out previously this has always caused me problems taking up precious cannopy space whereas now I've switched to vertical everything fits beautifully.

Remember you can add bits as you go along. I don't have a dehumidifier for example I'll get one as and when the need arises. 

I'd worry more about things like having a spare carbon filter and spare bulbs etc. My first grow my bulb went and I didn't have a spare on hand was a bit of a nightmare but managed to get by with some help from a friend. 

My humidifier is a £10 ultrasonic fogger off that auction site (the non LED version) I just chucked it in an open top 18L really useful box which is great for my footprint. I always opt for the best value way I can find of doing things. Sometimes there's perfectly workable solutions out there that don't have the "grow kit" tax attached. The WAC 1 fan controller is a great example for AC fans.

If you need any help with your controllers feel free to @ me I'll do my best to help. You might've seen I've been helping a few people over in my thread in the Environment sub forum. 

Looking forward to seeing how you get on with this run you've definitely started with a better setup than I did!

Thanks @NezA for a detailed explanation. The thing is I care for my plant as for my babe :-) and want it to protect and give maximum I can despite being newbie BUT with your help and forum I will do. Thanks again! Once my INKBIRD arrived I start setup.

My day temp is ok but humidty is playing up and opposite on nights. So I can`t see my plant being in stress all the time. Time to act :-). 

Nothing wrong with that at all mate we all want our babies to flourish. But as long as things aren't getting out of hand they'll be fine. No harm in doing your best for them but just aim to get through this grown with some smoke at the end anything more than that is a bonus 

• Like 2

All toys arrived ... Will start setup tomorrow ... Exciting times ahead! I know it is an overkill for my 70x70 tent but I will do upgrade to a bigger tent so have a time to play and experiment and it is one time investment ... 

large.tn_IMG_20201118_153641.jpg

• Like 3

Hello beautiful people!
Quick update on my current setup (looks like its not final though) and also would appreciate advice from you guys. Few obstacles I have at the moment ... Second picture shows different RH readings ... Did I put RH and Temp sensore reading corrctly or not? @Shumroom , @NezA , @jtoogood , @sweettooth . Sorry to pester you guys with my setup ... Also, looks like that Humipro (humidifer) not compatible with   IHC-200 WiFi humidity controller . Controller able to switch fumidifer off when RH in tent is OK but not able to switch it ON when RH in tent going down (I played with RH difference - NOTHING) ... Called to shop I purchased it from but they unable to give any advice and all they can do is refund :-( Dehumidifier THANKS to @jtoogood works spot on (bought 12 l pro breeze).

So, basically two things need to sort out before go to WI-FI settings. Correct sensors locations and humidifer ....   

large.tn_IMG_20201119_134522.jpg

large.tn_IMG_20201119_140340.jpg

Yeah this humidifier can't be switched off as it comes on in standby mode(and beeps each time),

which is a bit of a PITA,

but....

It does have its own humidistat which can be set to maintain the humidity you want,

and a timer(you've seen the remote control).

Quote from an item description:

Simple operation thanks to a LED panel that is clear to read, it’s easy to set the 24hr timer so the user can set different humidity levels for lights on, lights off and any timing in between; like if users want to pre-emptively turn off humidity before lights out.

I haven't been through the settings yet,

as I decide depending upon ambient humidity whether or not to turn it on(and which setting) when I switch the lights back on after their sleep(still vegging).

I'll try and suss out the settings before the tent goes 12/12 :D 

I haven't looked for an online manual yet.

Good that they'll refund if you choose :yep:

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 1

One of the things I'm thinking about changing up,

is to elevate the humidifier above the canopy somehow,

as it seems to me that with having the carbon filter on the floor instead of up high,

most of the mist gets removed by the extractor rather than hanging around and actually increasing the humidity as much as I would like :( 

I've grown for long enough without a humidifier(didn't fully understand the importance of environment),

but after investing so much on going LED that it became more important to make sure my environment was spot on.

Always learning :) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Shumroom said:

One of the things I'm thinking about changing up,

is to elevate the humidifier above the canopy somehow,

as it seems to me that with having the carbon filter on the floor instead of up high,

most of the mist gets removed by the extractor rather than hanging around and actually increasing the humidity as much as I would like :( 

I've grown for long enough without a humidifier(didn't fully understand the importance of environment),

but after investing so much on going LED that it became more important to make sure my environment was spot on.

Always learning :) 

Thank you for getting back to me @Shumroom . Yes, as I am trying to grow ORGANICALLY (only raw materials no commercial products) environment for me is a vital as same as for you. I am in the middle of setting up my INKBIRD RH and temp controllers and hopefully VPD (Vapor Pressure Deficit) will give good results as Ive seen diaries and people using less nutrients and teas just keeping right environment (Rh and Temp)... Looking forward to see your new setup!
Have a great evening, everybody!
OG

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 19/11/2020 at 4:30 PM, Shumroom said:

Quote from an item description:

Simple operation thanks to a LED panel that is clear to read, it’s easy to set the 24hr timer so the user can set different humidity levels for lights on, lights off and any timing in between; like if users want to pre-emptively turn off humidity before lights out.

I haven't been through the settings yet,

as I decide depending upon ambient humidity whether or not to turn it on(and which setting) when I switch the lights back on after their sleep(still vegging).

I'll try and suss out the settings before the tent goes 12/12 :D 

I haven't looked for an online manual yet.

Hi @Shumroom have you figured out how this thing works yet, I’ve just had my Humipro delivered and the instructions are as useful as a third armpit since they don’t mention what any of the buttons do :wallbash: 

Cheers!

• Like 1

I'm not impressed with it tbh. 

It produces cool mist, 

I don't have a problem with that part. 

It's the user interface that sucks. 

Can't seem to turn the beeper off when it runs out of water. 

Did you get the little remote control with it? 

There's not much to it, 

power on/off self explanatory, 

It seems you need to manually switch it on so you can't really use it with an external timer etc. 

Foggometer- level 1, 2 and 3(like a cold steam train) 

Timer- how long before switching off 

Level- humidity level setting 

Screen off incase your in bloom 

It might suit your setup but I hardly use mine. 

After having it for a while I can't really recommend it because of the inability to have it come on with an external timer. 

It's OK if you leave it on with a set humidity and regularly check whether it needs topped up,

otherwise it could end up beeping away while everyone else is sleeping. 

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

It's OK if you leave it on with a set humidity and regularly check whether it needs topped up,

otherwise it could end up beeping away while everyone else is sleeping. 

Thanks for the explanation fella but I think I’ve given up with it too already, the humidistat hasn’t got a clue on mine, it just chucks it out. When set to 55% it measures at 88%. It might come in useful if things get bad in the future tho and if I can be arsed to figure out the timer function to keep it under control. 

cheers fella!

• Like 1