First time setup!

Organic Greens

I have a t6 and an S6 for the one tent, 

I only use speed setting on the temp/humidity controller(entractor) and make sure I have it set higher than my intake speed controller. 

Hope this helps. 

Also the phonic trap ducting fits well, but less tight than combi ducting. 

:yinyang:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shumroom said:

I only use speed setting on the temp/humidity controller(extractor) and make sure I have it set higher than my intake speed controller. 

Hope this helps. 

Edit: spellin :)

7 hours ago, Joint hogger said:

be careful if this is what your using, it can only supply a constant 115w max, so you need to make sure the fan your using is lower than the 115w.

Here's the spec sheet.

Specifications:
- Mode: APS-500W
- Name: Single Phase AC Voltage Regulator Power Supply
- Rated Current: 2A
- The Max Current: 2A
- Input Voltage: 220V
- Frequency: 50/60Hz
- The Max Power: 500W
- Adjustable Voltage: 0-250V

Voltage Regulator load power characteristics: APS-500W(0-250V)

Output voltage

220V

150V

100V

50V

10V

Load power

<=400W

<=300W

<=200W

<=100W

<=20W

Calculation Corresponding load voltage value the max power formula:  Output load power (W)=Output voltage(V)*The max current(A)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Marky1000 said:

@Joint hogger I thought a Variac don't work on a  AC Infinity T6 

I didn't realise he was using those.  Good catch!

Edited by Major Lee Mashed
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Shumroom said:

I only use speed setting on the temp/humidity controller(entractor) and make sure I have it set higher than my intake speed controller. 

Hope this helps. 

Do I understand it correct @Shumroom ? My T6 is gonna be my extraction and S6 my active intake . T6 I will set higher than S6 to create negative pressure? May I ask What size tent do you have? 

Edited by Organic Greens
too many questions. Split them into two sections
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Lostlew said:

The fan speed controller would be for your Extraction AC Infinity,,, and not the two six inch , reads like your getting confused between the two 

Thanks @Lostlew . All of them called fans but which one is which is confusing a bit for beginning :-) 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Organic Greens said:

Do I understand it correct @Shumroom ? My T6 is gonna be my extraction and S6 my active intake . T6 I will set higher than S6 to create negative pressure? May I ask What size tent do you have? 

Yes that's correct, 

The tent is a dr150w 150*90*200 :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Yes that's correct, 

The tent is a dr150w 150*90*200 :)

Thanks for answering @Shumroom . Just trying to understand ... I have a passive intake both sides open windows and I need an active intake as well?

If yes why? Is it because my tent too small and my AC infinity fan and carbon filter too strong for tent?  

Sorry to be a pain ...

Funny enough when you reading someone`s diary all seems like straight forward and understandable BUT when start do yourself all looks different and complicated :-)

I am reading about passive and active intakes on this forum , YouTube and internet.

• Like 1

Since you have in intake fan(some don't),

you'll probably be wanting to keep the vents closed particularly during flowering(if photoperiod),

to avoid light pollution and any escaping smells ;) 

Ideally you should have your filter inside the tent so the fan is sucking through it rather than blowing

explains better than I could.

It might be worth looking at something like the G A S. EC5 fan controller(I have one of these but not wired into the cloudline 's yet).

You can set your desired max temp and minimum speeds for each fan(so you can set the extractor higher than the intake to maintain negative pressure to keep the smells away),

then the controller does the rest(just like the cloudline one should have :) ) to keep the space from overheating.

Hope this helps

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shumroom said:

Since you have in intake fan(some don't),

you'll probably be wanting to keep the vents closed particularly during flowering(if photoperiod),

to avoid light pollution and any escaping smells ;) 

Ideally you should have your filter inside the tent so the fan is sucking through it rather than blowing

explains better than I could.

It might be worth looking at something like the G A S. EC5 fan controller(I have one of these but not wired into the cloudline 's yet).

You can set your desired max temp and minimum speeds for each fan(so you can set the extractor higher than the intake to maintain negative pressure to keep the smells away),

then the controller does the rest(just like the cloudline one should have :) ) to keep the space from overheating.

Hope this helps

Thank you @Shumroom. Makes it clear now. I moved my fan and carbon outside due the space. I will try to fit filter inside tent not sure i will be able to though unless I put filter on floor then ducting pipe connected to extraction fan outside of tent. Another option filter and fan inside but it will leave me with very little room inside :-( . 

Edited by Organic Greens
grammar mistakes
  • Like 1

Right ... Came up only with to options.... Which is better?  Well at least no problem with negative pressure  as AC infinity will suck this tent out :-)  

OPTION 1
large_01.jpg

OPTION 2 

large_02.jpg

• Like 1

I'd go with Option 1(I have gone with this option),

giving slightly more space in the tent for training the plant and allowing you to have a section of ducting on either side of the extractor fan,

which if you upgrade to Phonic trap ducting should reduce the whooshing noise.

Is this a living soil/no till grow you're gonna be doing?

What lighting are you using?

Have you started or will you be starting a grow diary?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

I'd go with Option 1(I have gone with this option),

giving slightly more space in the tent for training the plant and allowing you to have a section of ducting on either side of the extractor fan,

which if you upgrade to Phonic trap ducting should reduce the whooshing noise.

Is this a living soil/no till grow you're gonna be doing?

What lighting are you using?

Have you started or will you be starting a grow diary?

Thank you @Shumroom . Yes it is living soil/no till . Base for soil took from @Road_Runner `s diry. Thank you @Road_Runner ! 6 gal (30 litres) breathing pot. Lights Mars Hydro TS 1000 125W (saving for @diyleduk Lumatek  when will get new tent and some experience). Yes, I will start my diary in couple of days. I think it is a good way to learn (to have a diary) and get answers from experienced growers like you. I think my main problem at the minute is keep temperature and humidity as it is changing all the time ... Seen good topic made by @NezA -  Inkbird Environment Control Automation - VPD Made Easy!  but i am skint at the moment and also would like to find out HOW TO CONTROL ENVOIRONMENT MANUALLY! 

Edited by Organic Greens
grammar mistakes again :-)
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Organic Greens said:

Right ... Came up only with to options.... Which is better?  Well at least no problem with negative pressure  as AC infinity will suck this tent out :-)  

OPTION 1
large_01.jpg

OPTION 2 

large_02.jpg

Both useless imo.

The filter needs to be at the top, heat rises, so where the filter is on the floor, it'll be sucking in fresh air from the passive vents & you wont have stable temps inside the tent,

ie hot at the top & colder at the bottom. so if the filter is at the top, it helps you to maintain a stable environment for the plants & help the plants breathe fresh air with the air

being pulled up through the plants.

So, if I were you, I'd be inclined to replace the filter with a 6" x 330mm carboair 50 filter, the reasons why I'd get this filter is that I checked the specs of your fan,

AC Infinity T6 is an average powered fan, the Airflow is 402m3/h, so you'd get away with the filter I mentioned above, this costs £85 from One Tree Horti (10% of £ for uk420 members)

& its airflow rating is 600m3/h + Minimum 2-year guarantee + it has a better outer dust cover.

As for hanging the filter up, I prefer to use either bungee chords or motorbike cargo nets,  both only cost a few £ & are ideal for hanging filters, here's a few of my set ups.

gallery_36349_2174_8044.jpg

gallery_36349_3574_61008.jpg

gallery_36349_2174_67412.jpg

As for the fans placement, you could always just have it sitting outside the tent on the roof of the tent (providing it wont fall off  lol 

if thats not an option, be careful you dont sit it on a hard surface as this can cause vibration noise, or if its possible, suspend the fan in a motorbike cargo net.

something like this.

large.5d101dbde1b8b_DR120(31)Cargonetforfan.jpg

large.5d101dbee0abc_DR120(32)FanintheCargonet.jpg

• Like 5

Guest anarchycamp
5 minutes ago, Joint hogger said:

Both useless imo.

The filter needs to be at the top, heat rises, so where the filter is on the floor, it'll be sucking in fresh air from the passive vents & you wont have stable temps inside the tent,

ie hot at the top & colder at the bottom. so if the filter is at the top, it helps you to maintain a stable environment for the plants & help the plants breathe fresh air with the air

being pulled up through the plants.

So, if I were you, I'd be inclined to replace the filter with a 6" x 330mm carboair 50 filter, the reasons why I'd get this filter is that I checked the specs of your fan,

AC Infinity T6 is an average powered fan, the Airflow is 402m3/h, so you'd get away with the filter I mentioned above, this costs £85 from One Tree Horti (10% of £ for uk420 members)

& its airflow rating is 600m3/h + Minimum 2-year guarantee + it has a better outer dust cover.

As for hanging the filter up, I prefer to use either bungee chords or motorbike cargo nets,  both only cost a few £ & are ideal for hanging filters, here's a few of my set ups.

gallery_36349_2174_8044.jpg

gallery_36349_3574_61008.jpg

gallery_36349_2174_67412.jpg

As for the fans placement, you could always just have it sitting outside the tent on the roof of the tent (providing it wont fall off  lol 

if thats not an option, be careful you dont sit it on a hard surface as this can cause vibration noise, or if its possible, suspend the fan in a motorbike cargo net.

something like this.

large.5d101dbde1b8b_DR120(31)Cargonetforfan.jpg

large.5d101dbee0abc_DR120(32)FanintheCargonet.jpg

Did you have to oversize the ducting to fit the solid ducting?