First time setup!

Organic Greens

Not in the above set ups, I used 5" ducting on 5" fans & 6" ducting with 6" fans, I've since set up a 1m drying tent with a 5" ruck L fan & a 6" rhino pro filter - 6" ducting,

this is then run into my DR120 tent as an active intake.

here's a few pics.

large.5f289d30b0144_1mBudboxdryingtent(3).jpg

large.5f289d31b6db8_1mBudboxdryingtent(4).jpg

large.5f289d32d87e9_1mBudboxdryingtent(5).jpg

it goes 6" rhino pro filter, 6" plastic pipe, 6" 90' metal elbow, 6" plastic pipe, 6" to 5" metal reducer, 5" plastic pipe, 5" ruck L fan, 5" plastic pipe, 5" 90' metal elbow, 5" plastic pipe.

I also used 1/2" self tapper screws & weave ducting tape, where the pipe comes out the vent, I just attached the ducting which had a ducting connector on it.  ADHD or what ?   lol

e2a - forgot a bit of 6" plastic pipe  lol

Edited by Joint hogger
  • Like 4

I know you are giving cracking information @Joint hoggerbut it's becoming a common way to setup with LED lights,

in order to minimise the need for additional heating. 

This is done deliberately to draw the heat from the top of the tent down,

to make up for the lack of radiated heat from LEDs compared to HPS CDM etc. 

I can't remember if it was @Exhale or @tokenroll that I got the idea from :bong:

:yinyang:

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Joint hogger said:

Both useless imo.

The filter needs to be at the top, heat rises, so where the filter is on the floor, it'll be sucking in fresh air from the passive vents & you wont have stable temps inside the tent,

ie hot at the top & colder at the bottom. so if the filter is at the top, it helps you to maintain a stable environment for the plants & help the plants breathe fresh air with the air

being pulled up through the plants.

So, if I were you, I'd be inclined to replace the filter with a 6" x 330mm carboair 50 filter, the reasons why I'd get this filter is that I checked the specs of your fan,

AC Infinity T6 is an average powered fan, the Airflow is 402m3/h, so you'd get away with the filter I mentioned above, this costs £85 from One Tree Horti (10% of £ for uk420 members)

& its airflow rating is 600m3/h + Minimum 2-year guarantee + it has a better outer dust cover.

As for hanging the filter up, I prefer to use either bungee chords or motorbike cargo nets,  both only cost a few £ & are ideal for hanging filters, here's a few of my set ups.

gallery_36349_2174_8044.jpg

gallery_36349_3574_61008.jpg

gallery_36349_2174_67412.jpg

As for the fans placement, you could always just have it sitting outside the tent on the roof of the tent (providing it wont fall off  lol 

if thats not an option, be careful you dont sit it on a hard surface as this can cause vibration noise, or if its possible, suspend the fan in a motorbike cargo net.

something like this.

large.5d101dbde1b8b_DR120(31)Cargonetforfan.jpg

large.5d101dbee0abc_DR120(32)FanintheCargonet.jpg

Thank you @Joint hogger for a detailed explanation and pictures. Very well explained, mate. I read a few topics on this forum and some internet search convinced me not to have filter on bottom of the tent for exactly same reason you explained here. I think I will stick to my old setup (fan and filter outside) at the moment as I spent already quite a lot and still need to spend for phonic trap ducting to calm down my neighbors and to protect filter inside from debris (cut to fit carbon pre-filter). If I back to work in november I will buy filter and will fit it in tent.  

• Like 1

I dont know the power settings on your fan but then the minimum you should turn the power down to is about (35%-40% minimum), the fans internal meter need cooling too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shumroom said:

I know you are giving cracking information @Joint hoggerbut it's becoming a common way to setup with LED lights,

I can't remember if it was @Exhale or @tokenroll that I got the idea from :bong:

Thanks @Shumroom . Good point about heat. Room where I have the tent is really warm itself. I have to take driver off the lights to avoid excess of heating inside the tent. I think I am slowly picking up how working environment inside tent and now it makes more sense about active/passive intakes. 

• Like 1

On 11/4/2020 at 9:53 PM, Joint hogger said:

I dont know the power settings on your fan but then the minimum you should turn the power down to is about (35%-40% minimum), the fans internal meter need cooling too.

Power setting is MAX 64W and average is 38W I ran on setting 3 from 10 so I think power is exactly like you suggested @Joint hogger . Thanks for pointing out :hippy: 

On 11/4/2020 at 9:15 PM, Shumroom said:

Yesterday, I put humidifier next to one of my passive intakes. I have a low humidity and my T6 working hard to adjust environment. Result was amazing - I MADE SAUNA IN MY ROOM ;-) . Extracted air could not escape as my room apparently too small and open window does not help either. So that what I did ... 

large.tn_IMG_20201106_083617.jpg 

Now I have air escaping to downstairs for now. Luckily enough I got loft door just right behind my door room and that`s the best way to get rid of extracted air from tent. I might don`t need use a carbon filter as my loft is massive.

Now my room temp and humidity come back to normal and lesson LEARNED - choose equipment accordingly the room you want to grow in otherwise will be a problem.

I just got lucky!

Unfortunately, I can`t put my humidifier inside tent as it has no variable control knob/settings. It has only two speeds - speed 1 is not enough, speed 2 is too much and I need somewhere between. At the moment looks like this. Humidity is playing up all the time and T6 all time is working. Hope I would not kill it BUT need find solution - new humidifier as possibility but you guys know more than me and might suggest something better. 

My room temp at the moment is 20.1C and humidity is  59% . Tent temp is 24 and humidty is playing up between 60% and 66%. I am on seedling stage at the moment so it is not critical but later it will be.

large.tn_IMG_20201106_083636.jpg 

Guys, if anyone could suggest good humidifier where I can adjust speed would be great! I bought one from famous auction site but it was not really good :cowboy:

• Like 2

Right ... I think I am stuck a bit with my setup ... First of all I do not like my humidifier working all the time as it has no volume  making room more humid and also it increasing my bills. Also, I think that my cloudline T6 has to be always ON during flowering time. This makes me think that I need a controller because fan will affect environment inside.  Also, I need to find timer or something to make cloudline T6 swtich on and off at certain times as I am running 18ON 6OFF schedule. Also, need wind decent humidifer ideally cool and warm mist for different year seasons. More questions than answers :-) . 

Edited by Organic Greens
grammar mistakes

As they get bigger they will create more humidity anyway so you'll probably not need the humidifier,

Do you even need it now or could you use a cloche/humidity dome atm? 

Photos? 

Keep the extraction running 24/7 with a matching carbon filter unless you want a visit :police:

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

As they get bigger they will create more humidity anyway so you'll probably not need the humidifier,

Do you even need it now or could you use a cloche/humidity dome atm? 

Photos? 

Keep the extraction running 24/7 with a matching carbon filter unless you want a visit :police:

Thanks for answering @Shumroom . There is a photo (sorry for bad quality I dropped my phone and broke camera), she developed second pair of leaves during last 24hours. 

large.tn_IMG_20201108_194525.jpg

Temp in tent +26C and humidity between 55%-62% , temp in room 22.1C and humidty 66%-69%. I think to run extraction is a bit too early but that`s where I am thinking about controller as infinity T6 will work ON mode instead AUTO MODE and it will affect temps and humidity in tent. 

• Like 1

On 11/4/2020 at 4:25 AM, Shumroom said:

I have a t6 and an S6 for the one tent, 

I only use speed setting on the temp/humidity controller(entractor) and make sure I have it set higher than my intake speed controller. 

Hope this helps. 

Also the phonic trap ducting fits well, but less tight than combi ducting. 

I can`t get my head around how I can use it for both purposes ODOR and TEMP/HUMIDITY CONTROLLER? Fan switching off automatically when temp/humidity reached the level but in this case I will have an odor. 

Edited by Organic Greens
grammar mistakes
  • Like 1

On the T6 I only keep It "on" not in auto mode,

I have a "humipro" 4l humidifier in the tent which is plugged into the same circuit as the lights,

so turns off when the lights go off(I then have to manually switch the humidifier on instead of using it's timer function).

So I use the fan speed to get the temp I want and the Humipro to get the humidity I'm after(probably won't need during bloom).

When the lights are off I have my T6 on speed setting '2' and the S6 on '1',

then when the lights come on I manually adjust the speed setting to 3 on the T6(extraction) and 2 on the S6,

this works fine for me at the moment in veg but I have a "GAS EC5" controller which I will connect both fans to(with a little help from @diyleduk on the re-wiring),

The "EC5" is a temp/speed/balancer.

For my other room which I have(not yet setup) a T8 and S6 and also a "GAS Enviro 2" which can control lights/heater and humidifier as well as EC fans(again needs to be re-wired) in order to keep temp/humidity in balance with regard to VPD as well as balance the fans.

Hope this helps :)

• Like 3

On 11/10/2020 at 1:25 PM, Shumroom said:

On the T6 I only keep It "on" not in auto mode,

I have a "humipro" 4l humidifier in the tent which is plugged into the same circuit as the lights,

so turns off when the lights go off(I then have to manually switch the humidifier on instead of using it's timer function).

So I use the fan speed to get the temp I want and the Humipro to get the humidity I'm after(probably won't need during bloom).

When the lights are off I have my T6 on speed setting '2' and the S6 on '1',

then when the lights come on I manually adjust the speed setting to 3 on the T6(extraction) and 2 on the S6,

this works fine for me at the moment in veg but I have a "GAS EC5" controller which I will connect both fans to(with a little help from @diyleduk on the re-wiring),

The "EC5" is a temp/speed/balancer.

For my other room which I have(not yet setup) a T8 and S6 and also a "GAS Enviro 2" which can control lights/heater and humidifier as well as EC fans(again needs to be re-wired) in order to keep temp/humidity in balance with regard to VPD as well as balance the fans.

Hope this helps :)

@Shumroom Thank you for answering! Would be great to see on forum (please, tag me if you will share your setup) your progress with GAS controller setup. May I ask you a question about Humipro humidifier? As I understand it is a cool mist humidifier. Does it affect temperature? Some people saying Yes it is lowering the temp due cool mist other people saying NO. In terms of saving energy cool mist humidifiers are perfect to compare to warm mist as they don`t use heating element.

Got my phonic trap ducting today. Some drilling jobs on the way as I decided to install fan and filter in loft through room ceiling.
large.tn_IMG_20201111_163538.jpg

I think in my case I need these two IHC-200 WiFi humidity controller and ITC-308 WiFi to keep my temps and humidity.

• Like 1

Will post the details and tag you in when I do the retire job(with photos) :) 

the Humipro is a cool mist(no heater) type,

little to no change in temperature :yep:

2 x IHC ?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

Will post the details and tag you in when I do the retire job(with photos) :) 

the Humipro is a cool mist(no heater) type,

little to no change in temperature :yep:

2 x IHC ?

Thank you!
Now I am sure cool mist doesn`t affect temp (or very little). 
One IHC to control temps and another to control humidity 

• Like 1