Greenhouse seed company

UKsFinest

I haven't actually noticed anybody growing any strains from greenhouse seeds since I've been in here and I remember back in the day it was one of the biggest breeders and was the only one I could get my hands on without ordering online back in around 2009 growing in my cupboard lol.

Does nobody use them these days I've never noticed a diary with anyone using anything bred by them.

Don't know if it's just me being blind or they have a bad rep these days. 

• Like 3

This is the story as I remember it.

There was a time when greenhouse used to be very good, thee breeding was done by shantibaba (I think) and they had quite a few epic strains back in the day like the original white widow. Arjan the owner of greenhouse and the breeder had a falling out and shantibaba ended up going to swtizerland with all of his genetics. Arjan however kept the names of the strains and tried to re-breed them using his own genetics, however he was a shit breeder and lots of people were left disaapointed when the saw the drop in quality. He did at some point later connect with franco who took over the breeding operations and franco's work has always been great, his cheese is meant to be the closest to the real thing. Sadly Franco passed away.

In addition to this, me and a lot of people out here just think arjan's a bit of a cock (especially with the whole king of cannabis thing) so aren't really that into supporting him, for the crazy ammount they are charging for seeds you can get much better genetics.

m2p

greeie

• Like 17

Had a few goes with their White Rhino and something else of there's last year but never saw them through for various reasons. I noticed nearly all the plants lacked vigour. Since grown Sensi, DP and RQS and they came through much better with just the odd weakling. The thing that got me with the Rhino was there was no discernible common familial characteristics between them. I felt that they didn't care about strain consistency, so gave up on them. The others at least smell the same.

• Like 3

Super Lemon Haze is/was the absolute bollocks if you find a good pheno and are patient enough to wait 12-16 weeks for it to flower.

You’ll know if you have a good pheno really early on - the seedling/s stink lol Something reminiscent of Amsterdam from the moment they pop the soil. 

I’d definitely give Francos Lemon Cheese a punt on the strength of the SLH and what I’ve heard about GH exodus cheese. 

Arjans recent collaborations with Berner suggest GHS is struggling without Franco and there’s trouble looming in paradise.

Edited by Smokey McBongface
  • Like 3

Had 1 good seed of SLH from GHS rest were a bit dodgy and were not worth a 2nd run.. but they were pick and mix from herbies who imo can't be trusted with seeds or your address

if you can't sell someone the correct seeds then you can't be trusted if you ask me. Fuck herbies I hope they catch herpies. Waste of time kidas swapping seeds if you ask me 

• Like 3

I'm running some "exodus" cheese atm, not a very stable line in my opinion but definitely some nice phenos in there. 

Doubt I'll go greenhouse again to be honest, flowering times have been about 10 weeks and personally feel like some have another 2 weeks..  lol.

• Like 2

I got a SLH freebie, I didn't even think about growing it out just in case it was any good and i'd have to recommend that cockmongers seeds to someone.

or they have a bad rep these days

I don't know what his seeds are like nowadays, but he's not got a very good rep. I think if his genetics were amazing people would overlook him being a bellend, we're a fickle species lol 

• Like 3

Thanks everyone the new kongs krush actually looks decent but I'd rather not risk it if their genetics isn't on point had enough trouble with hermies lately as it is.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KC said:

I got a SLH freebie, I didn't even think about growing it out just in case it was any good and i'd have to recommend that cockmongers seeds to someone.

I don't know what his seeds are like nowadays, but he's not got a very good rep. I think if his genetics were amazing people would overlook him being a bellend, we're a fickle species lol 

lol Poor Arjan. Comparing him to some of the Cali guys, he’s maybe less of a bellend?

• Like 2

Seen a few threads since I joined growing GHS. I grew a Exodus Cheese CBD Auto couple of months ago. I stunned it long story it was purely my fault luckily it wasn't the main plant I was growing and more of a side project in a little pot next to the main one. Finished quick and was nice after curing. Nothing like the clone only cheese tho but had its own rank smell and taste(in a good way lol). I got a 5 pack for the price of 3 only used 1 so far.

But of course my experience with GHS is very limited.

• Like 2

i used to grow a lot of super lemon haze, but about 5-6 years ago it went right down hill. 

i think they possibly were the last of the original stock, after which Arse-jam decided to throw  a couple of SLH together, cross his fingers, count his money and keep punting out inferior garbage. 

the rest of thier strains, well i heard thier exodus was ok, but havnt risked it. 

• Like 2

If you're looking for something close to old school white widow have a bash at DNA's White Walker Kush. The only plant I've ever grown that I tried to re veg after not taking a cut. Still got some beans left I'll pop them one day and hope I find that same pheno it was amazing. They used the original Ingemar cut of white widow to one of their skywalker's. The one I had took me back to when I first started smoking... Amazing plant. Gutted I lost it.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Smokey McBongface said:

Comparing him to some of the Cali guys, he’s maybe less of a bellend?

Well I don't know of these Cali guys you speak of but they must be weapons grade bellends if they make Arjan Cockwomble seem ok :g:

• Like 7

They fucked with landrace genetics in country of origin. We've lost stuff that can't be replaced. I'll never run any of their stock. :wanker:

Edited by j0eperry
  • Like 8