Tiny might vape

TheplantUK

Anyone had an issue with the temp dial? 

I think hitting it on beast mode all day has fucked mine - basically if i turn it on the light goes to whatever battery level its at then when i press the button it goes to white (ie beast mode) and heats up way past the temp dial setting - if i press the dial lightly when i press the button then the light goes back to the battery level colour as per normal but when i stop pressing (the temp dial) it goes white again.

Bad connection?  To much beast mode melted the connection?

So dont want to have to send it off.

Seems to be behaving itself now ... hope it was just a blip as its been very reliable up to now and thats getting through 3-5 battery swaps per day since i have had it pretty much.

Frankly if i need to send it off im very tempted to get another one as a spare or to swap between when it gets hot.

On 22/06/2023 at 9:43 PM, highgrower said:

heats up way past the temp dial setting

If it does it again try and run it in session as you're not meant to be able to do beast mode unless it's in demand mode.

If you need a spare vape may I suggest buying something else instead. I'm really not convinced these things are reliable from what I've seen so far, my mate is on his third and I'm on my second. I don't even use mine that much.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, KC said:

If you need a spare vape may I suggest buying something else instead.

Yup order made for the Mighty+ as i was a hard choice between the two.

Unfortunately the dial is fucked and have to send it back - it has been very reliable with constant use 3-5 battery changes a day - there is a long thread on FuckComb and not many people have issues so could just be unlucky - i think perhaps constant beast mode of a few days and it just got too hot - there has to be some thermal wear and tear on the solder and other parts getting hot and cold all the time.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, KC said:

@highgrower

I got one recently, it's amazing. I couldn't pick between that and the TM2 really. I want a Crafty+ now though lol

Really?

I found the crafty/mighty vapor no where near as thick and potent as the TM2.

• Like 1

If thats the case i can see the mighty being my daytime device and tm2 for the evenings.

How is the mighty with a water adaptor?

I really only was able to use the tm2 for a few days with a water thing and it was superb - especially on beast mode you can squeeze a lot more out of your stash.

large.tm2-water-adaptor.jpg

Edited by highgrower
6 hours ago, KC said:

I want a Crafty+ now

I took a peek at the crafty but anything which needs an app on a phone for doing stuff - and also read that apple pulled their app? so just confirms my avoidance of things which are tied to a phone or cloud provider.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, mr rhino said:

Really?

I am able to get thicker clouds off the TM2 but I think I get just as stoned with the Mighty. The Mighty seems to use more weed mind. 

5 hours ago, highgrower said:

anything which needs an app on a phone for doing stuff

I don't think you need the app unless you want specific temperatures, it has 3 pre set ones I believe. I have the app on my phone for the Volcano but I never use it, it's daft. 

That don't surprise me about Apple tbh :thumbdown:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2023 at 9:43 PM, highgrower said:

Anyone had an issue with the temp dial? 

I think hitting it on beast mode all day has fucked mine - basically if i turn it on the light goes to whatever battery level its at then when i press the button it goes to white (ie beast mode) and heats up way past the temp dial setting - if i press the dial lightly when i press the button then the light goes back to the battery level colour as per normal but when i stop pressing (the temp dial) it goes white again.

Bad connection?  To much beast mode melted the connection?

So dont want to have to send it off.

Yeah me...   

Mine went the other way, wasn't getting up to full temp. I mainly use on Beast Mode too and thought I'd fucked mine

Was a bit pissed off because I've killed 2 Mighty's so far and was pretty happy with the TM2.

Email to TM and a call to those fiends at the shop who advised me to try a new battery...    I have 7 which I rotate. Didn't think all 7 were fucked already so tried what TM told me to try before sending it in.

Re calibrate it...  Appendix 2 at the back of the instruction booklet.

Works a treat once I'd worked out how to re calibrate....   Hands down beats the Mighty.  AKA the plastic pig - oink! 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, mmmm...nice! said:

I mainly use on Beast Mode too and thought I'd fucked mine

Yea thats what i thought happened to mine as well - all had been good and then i got the water adaptor and hit it on mostly on beast mode for a few days and think it just couldnt handle the thermal wear and tear - in the end my dial thing just rotated around 360 and made no difference to the temp.

• Like 1

I don't really do beast mode but I don't do demand either so my unit does get pretty hot as sometimes I forget it's on. I'm pretty sure they don't like getting hot, it must melt the solder inside or something.

• Like 2

My wife and I are both on our 2nd unit. It was the button that went wonky on ours though. From what I read, the solder was beefed up on more recent units so I'm hopeful these warranty units last longer than 6 months. I am happy with the TM2 itself still (not had anything that's as satisfying to vape as this) and 10 year warranty and Vapefiend service though so no buyer's remorse still 6 month later.

I hadn't seen the bit about recalibration, thanks for the pointer!

The advice I've seen is to leave time to cool a bit between sessions or on-demand bowls and also don't charge via USBC port while the unit is hot.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, highgrower said:

in the end my dial thing just rotated around 360 and made no difference to the temp

!0 year warranty on these TM2's isn't there?? 

Send it back :yep:  They're usually on the ball, quick turnaround but they're on holiday till the 17th  lol 

• Like 1