Dripper system

Rufus Brown

@Danco I am really looking forward to growing some healthy looking strapping girls. Your set up looks great! I am a little concerned about headroom in my tent as its only a 180 high tent and Ive already lost a fair few inches with the base trays and now by jacking them up a bit for run off but Ill just veg less and tie them down i guess. I am so scared about filling the res though. 225 Liters suddenly seems an awful lot of water to have sat there. I am wishing I opted for a smaller one now lol

@assault and battery This is a first for me as before this id only ever grown in soil hand fed mate, I have a few fabric pots on order to try them out also but the results im having with airpots in regards to root development and growth has opened my eyes to trying new things and experimenting more. I now what you mean about headroom, the 2 front plants are noticeably taller than the rest (poontang pie and Doh-si-Doh zkittles) but my tent is 2m so i am hoping the stretch slows over the next week!. In regards to the res every one has preferences but i installed a flexitank pro and had a leak from the seems underneath that i only noticed due to the fact there was a waterline on my kitchen ceiling underneath!. I ripped this one out and installed an Alien camo tank which was cheaper and ten times more sturdy and solid! also the drainage fittings are preinstalled at factory so you don't have to worry about it leaking like others. 

• Like 1

@Danco Ive just been through your diary and its pretty impressive stuff. my tent looks like a bombs gone off it to be honest , I'm just waiting for it to dry out so I can give it a good clean up before I post any pics of it.  Ive also gone for a multi strain grow this time, using up all my freebie fems before I go popping the good stuff.

I am thinking of ditching the flexi tank and getting a more rigid one that I can lag as I grow in a cabin so i think heating it will be a pain in the next few weeks/months.

@assault and battery thanks mate appreciate it!, I know a lot of people advise against multi strain grows especially with more plants and auto fed systems but so far so good! if you were looking to try a new tank i would  definatly advise looking into the camo tanks as they are metal framed so once built they are solid and easy to move around and work with. I just have a aqua heater resting through the corner or the top and it keeps it at a constant 19-20 degrees. make sure to tag me if you set up a diary so i can follow along!

• Like 1

@GSZZlarge.IMG_20201119_212616_resize_25.jpg

I've had a go and made this. Just waiting for some little zip ties to make sure those joints are water tight. Hopefully I will have this installed tomorrow and I can finally start feeding my ladies. Thanks again to you and everyone on this thread. I'll stop hijacking it now and go make a diary.

• Like 6

Cracking thread lads I just commented at the start and didn't look in again. I've been through this thread twice now the second time was to add likes but I just ended up getting engrossed in it again and forgot lol

So I'm going back in the loft after these 2 no till runs are done and I'll be back in coco and after reading this and @SYZYGY thread on a diy brain bucket I'm going to go drippers and dtw. 

I'll be running 6 medusa trays with four 2 litre airports per standard size tray giving me 24 plants thanks to advice from @GSZZ . Do you think I'll be able to use one big ring or 2 smaller ones. I should only need one dripper per pot.

Also how loud are people's aquaking pumps as with it being in the loft I don't want vibrations.

I've already got a Condensation pump with a remote float switch that a mate gave me years ago so that's one thing down 

large.IMG-20201121-WA0001.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ukbudz said:

I'll be running 6 medusa trays with four 2 litre airports per standard size tray giving me 24 plants thanks to advice from @GSZZ . Do you think I'll be able to use one big ring or 2 smaller ones. I should only need one dripper per pot.

:yep: You should be able to use one big ring - but you might not have to do make a huge one, global air supplies have released recently (its on their instagram) a 5 way 16 - 6mm fitting so if you ask your local grow shop they will be able to get some in for you, using those you'll be able to do a smaller ring but still get as many lines as you need out of it!

2 hours ago, ukbudz said:

Also how loud are people's aquaking pumps as with it being in the loft I don't want vibrations.

They can be pretty loud, have a look at the haelia a-series pumps, I think I was using a a5000 and that thing was very quiet and very powerful - its worth nothing that you'll need to use some fittings/a fitting to reduce the size down to 16mm, I think they're 20mm or something standard.

• Like 4

Thanks @GSZZ I'll add them to my growing list of equipment I need to get. The pumps are 25mm outlet according to the tech sheet, I think I've still got some reducers knocking around off my rdwc system that used a haelia hx series pump with the same outlet :yep:.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I'm trying to put together a drip ring but am now based in the US and trying to source some better pipe than the Poly pipe i have got for the main feed.

The Poly stuff kinks and just doesn't like being bent.

Looking in some of the earlier photo's and around the vendors, icepipe is the stuff that is being used, but it seems to be a UK based manufacturer.

All I can see in the blurb is plastic and PVC.. is there a better search term? 

I'm using Hydro Halo things to feed 8 big ladies in some mud... Its a solution to feeding while im away for a week, but will hopefully be staying along with a trial run of coco! :thumsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Good old Google, wish I found this thread before posting all my other questions.

@The_Ibex hows your system running? I also got the medusa add on kit.  using the AK Q2007 with 1 large 25mm ring, 8 way manifolds and thinking of ditching the 2L/hr pressure regulated drippers and use 1 blue flood dripper per pot. How's it working for you? how loud is that pump?