Dripper system

Rufus Brown

On 27/08/2020 at 3:03 PM, SYZYGY said:

@GSZZ Of course mate, I'd be honoured. 

@Caly Glad to hear you're enjoying the easy life ;) 

@SYZYGY I am currently in the process of setting up a 16 pot medusa drain to waste and auto feed system in a 4m x 2m tent. after seeing your set up i hope you don't mind if i take note and customise my set up to a similar design. the idea with the rings is brilliant and will help with pressure. as i am running 16 pots and will be testing one 24mm line into the tent with an aqua king pump to see if this can create enough pressure, failing this i will be trying 2 aqua king pumps on 2 separates lines feeding separate areas within the test on twin schedules. just curious to know if you did any previous tests similar to this before finalising on your setup to give me some pointers? 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't come with the thread yet lads - I've been under the cosh for the past couple of weeks due to selling/buying a house and all that lovely stress that comes with it.

• Like 4

@GSZZ as they say all good things to them who wait. I wonder if Joolz could make it a sticky so the thread just has your guides and then lock it pronto. Makes sense to me.

Take it easy and chill in the new house for abit

Toke...

• Like 4

Half way through the process myself, will be testing a manifold on Monday/Tuesday if not will be creating rings for for each pot. If things go as planned hopefully a flora flex matrix system will be in the pipe works soon. honestly the whole process is actually enjoyable learning and seeing it all come together.

large.IMG_8706.jpeglarge.DAF6F39F-06D6-4345-A4A2-0915CFC65870_1_105_c.jpeg

• Like 6

On 01/09/2020 at 0:54 PM, The_Ibex said:

This is a brilliant idea @SYZYGY @GSZZ

Ive been researching building a dripper system for a few weeks now for a 12 pot.     I’ve got the Medusa baselines set up for the run off already and I have most of the gear for the dripper system.

All I needed was some proper instructions.
I wanted to do that distribution ring cos I seen it in your old diary’s @GSZZ and now @SYZYGY you’ve got in in yours. 
I’m ready when you’s are. Cheers

You seem to have the same setup to myself, have you managed to run yours yet ? And did you end up doing rings with the system ? Iv just ran a 13mm main line from the pump and split into 2 lines down either side of the middle tray line in the tent (picture above) going to try test this with the standard 8 splitter manifold some time this week and see if it works ok with the pump supplied. If not then rings it is 

23 hours ago, Danco said:

have you managed to run yours yet ?

No not yet mate. I’ve not set it up. I think I’m going to wait for guide Golden Syrup puts on here cos I know it’ll be bang on. I’ve not even put my clones in there yet so I’ve got a few weeks until I need the drippers running. Have you got any pics of yours on here? 

56 minutes ago, The_Ibex said:

No not yet mate. I’ve not set it up. I think I’m going to wait for guide Golden Syrup puts on here cos I know it’ll be bang on. I’ve not even put my clones in there yet so I’ve got a few weeks until I need the drippers running. Have you got any pics of yours on here? 

Iv started up a log in the diary section mate bottom of page one 

Just waiting on some standard 8 x4mm manifolds to be delivered. Going to try putting 4 of those on the line first as it’s the easiest and cheapest option. Failing that then il build some rings or try a few other options. I’m a perfectionist when it comes to small things so don’t want to settle for anything less than even distribution of nutrients to every pot. Bit over the top and probably unlikely but I have the time to test so why not. Will you be doing a diary? 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @GSZZ have you managed to start anything on that thread yet mate?
I’ve got 10 days left of veg then I need to flip. I’ve got a 12 pot Medusa set up.  I just need to set up the dripper system and I want it to be right.

The shop I bought it from has sent me a load of elbows and tees, a pump, an imperium plus timer and all sorts of shit with no instructions on how to put it all together.

If you’re still too busy can anyone pm me some links cos I can’t find a decent one on YT. 
:smokin:

1 hour ago, The_Ibex said:

I’ve got 10 days left of veg then I need to flip. I’ve got a 12 pot Medusa set up.  I just need to set up the dripper system and I want it to be right.

The shop I bought it from has sent me a load of elbows and tees, a pump, an imperium plus timer and all sorts of shit with no instructions on how to put it all together.

If you’re still too busy can anyone pm me some links cos I can’t find a decent one on YT. 

Sorry mate, the amount of stress I am under at the moment is killer. I've even started smoking fags again lol I've been trying to get it chipped out but its not looking like I'll be getting it done in the next week or two put it that way. I am really sorry about that, it is coming believe me @SYZYGY has seen the proto-type so far just incase anyone thinks I havent even started it lol

Heres an old image for you @The_Ibex im sorry I can't really elaborate on it anymore, just don't forget to put a 16-6mm tee in the feed pipe level with the top of the tank coming out of your feed pipe so you don't flood the gaff - it'll fire a bit of water back into the tank when the pump is running so when it turns off it lets air in and stops the siphon.

large.irrigation1.jpg.a243172fea24ed290f

• Like 5

2 hours ago, The_Ibex said:

@The_Ibex Did you order it from a grow shop based in Cannock or Stoke by any chance? Had the same issue with the shop I brought mine from and was told " we do not supply instructions with the system, it's common sense stuff"  I then sent the manager a link to their youtube channel which specifically advertises the system as coming with a simple instructions booklet. I was then told "oh i didn't know that, if you want me to source the instructions you will have to travel an hour to collect them" rather than just email them to me :wallbash: 

This was just the start of the problems I had with them and the unprofessional customer service. I even asked the manager to his face the next time i went into store why he thought a system that is pumping over 250litres of water around the first floor of a building with just cable ties and plastic elbows is simple common sense stuff when you have never used the systems before, obviously he couldn't answer. 

Sorry for the rant mate, Get some pics up when you get it all set up! very interested to see how you get on :v:

No stress @GSZZ I hope you’re nearly back straight to where you was. 
 If you could just give me a couple of pointers on here I’m sure I’ll figure the rest out and if it’s not bang on I’ll just change it to the new guide you put up for my next run. Really appreciate the help. 
Which one of these looks like the best way to do it?

large.E66081C0-1998-4A76-A17E-C5C483FBBA9E.jpeg
(A) has two rings. 

large.4210FFC4-D09C-46C5-AC8B-58E7B8BDACC3.jpeg
(B) just one ring

large.03D4F7A9-1F9D-45C9-A08A-D5DACC89590D.jpeg
(C) has a 25mm ice line running all the way around

Also, is the anti-siphon valve do the same job as the 6mm run off pipe? Like this?

large.4294513F-6641-4AA4-AF19-6DD73DA5942B.jpeg

Is the anything else that comes out the res, or is it just one pipe? 
many thanks

i know it’s a lot of questions

• Like 1

@Danco the exact same ones mate. All the same problems you had plus a lot more. I’ve still got missing items. It’s a good job I don't live too close to them :furious:

I won’t be using them again. Fucking useless

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Ibex said:

@Danco the exact same ones mate. All the same problems you had plus a lot more. I’ve still got missing items. It’s a good job I don't live too close to them :furious:

I won’t be using them again. Fucking useless

@The_Ibex I realised I was fighting a loosing battle when I requested some dripper inserts so that i could make the whole set up cleaner and they recommended a specific dripper ( which are amazing as they only release water once all the drippers have water built up in them to make sure all pots get the exact same amount of water). However the sales person forgot to mention that they are pressure regulated and only work at a pressure of one bar and none of the pumps that the shop sell can create that much pressure on the systems that have more than say 8-12 pots as aqua pumps are flow rated not pressure.

I only found this out when i rang the actual supplier of the drippers and spoke to some one who works with them daily. when i explained this to them on the phone i was told " we can supply you with a bigger pump" To which i replied " none of the pumps you supply are going to give me enough pressure on my system to create one bar as they are flow rated. granted it would work on a system that probably only has a few base line trays as the pump will then create enough pressure build up. In the end after literaly having to draw a diagram you would draw a 5 year old they reluctantly sent me the drippers i requested and i have managed to make it work. 

All in all not a onestop more like 10! i agree on the never using them again mate, londongrow seems to be a decent website with more options available so will be checking them out i think.

I can let you know how my system has gone so far if you like, if the information is of no use then no bother just ignore me mate :geek:

picture 1: This is how the system would look if i left it how the shop advise to build it (I think the picture alone needs no more explaining as to why I didn't want to keep it like this)  

large.IMG_0173.PNG

Picture 2 : This is how the system is with the pressure Drippers i explained installed ( much neater and easier to organise and move around the room)

large.IMG_9506.jpeg

picture 3 : close up of the pressure Drippers. I would definitely use these if i had a lot less pots as i would probably then be able to create the pressure needed and the Drippers would be perfect for controlling even flow.

large.IMG_9509.jpeg

Picture 4: This is how i was going to organise the system before i tried just running the lines in the trays as above. my idea was that i needed to even the amount of rings on each of the 2 lines and make sure that there was exactly the same amount of feed lines at the same points to make sure that there was even flow on both sides, To do this with 16 pots on a 3 row set up i needed to have 3 13mm-6mm dripper inserts on each ring (unlike the 4 advised above) as i would then have no un-used lines. 

large.IMG_0176.PNG

however before i did this i just tried the method in picture 2 and ran the 13mm ice lines in the trays and used the 3500 litre per hour aqua pump supplied and when testing i managed to get even distribution to all pots so decided if this works then why bother trying the rings.

I will be installing a R.O filter later on tonight so can take some up to date pictures for you of how the system is now if you like mate. the rings  idea mentioned by @GSZZ and  @SYZYGY is an amazing idea. I was just fortunate to get the required even distribution when testing first time so didn't think it warranted being changed.:yep:

Edited by Danco
  • Like 1