Hso x sherbinski in the water garden

A little rot where one off my fans failed.....I have now cut and run. 

they just turned into monsters I couldn’t control lol 

I apologise for the shite diary and will be on the next project after a really deep deep clean up.

:skin_up:

• Like 3

Alright there @zen-ken

On 18/09/2020 at 1:10 PM, zen-ken said:

.....I have now cut and run. 

Probably for the best brother, did you salvage much?

On 18/09/2020 at 1:14 PM, zen-ken said:

Very sweet tasting SBG finger hash.....matcha is funky smelly

I have heard several reports about the pungent odour that the Purple Matcha gives off :fart:

I’ll keep my eye out for your smoke reports when the time comes.

Great diary too mate, just a shame the rot set in, sure you’ll be back with another.

Take it easy. Jj :yinyang:

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Jibba jabba said:

Alright there @zen-ken

Probably for the best brother, did you salvage much?

I have heard several reports about the pungent odour that the Purple Matcha gives off :fart:

I’ll keep my eye out for your smoke reports when the time comes.

Great diary too mate, just a shame the rot set in, sure you’ll be back with another.

Take it easy. Jj :yinyang:

Tbf there is a good amount of it considering.... The yield could have been obscene....I have a few colas (6) that are obscene and the rest is bitty.... rot got the the other tops....not majorly....they were just so dense and the fan failed moving about half way through....so little patches in each one.

tbf I needed less plants....like all HSO strains I’m finding....

if u put them in rdwc they very quickly turn into trees lol 

i haven’t had anything for a while so even the loose crap that’s dried too quick is bloody strong and tasty to smoke. 

This must be SBG as they hit the scissors a week earlier....very sweet tasting with a funk underneath. 

ill get myself resorted with my new lights that are finally on there way (I’m kinda glad  I didn’t wait for the scopex now as It wouldn’t fit it in my space - shame as it looks a beast and the scope I already have is a nice fixture) and start planning some supplements to max the light out at around 900 plus....I’m still thinking of keeping the 600w digital ballast to bear bulb a MH in initial veg.....then belt the LEDs and CMH on...I’ve gone pure white 3.5k Samsungs all the way.

MH may not be an efficient light source but with its far red (Increasing leaf size) and uv  stunting vertical growth and promoting a defensive response....it lays the foundations in rdwc for a more compact, Resinous and better rooted plant ime. 

hope u and urs are very well :skin_up:

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, badbillybob said:

what lights did you buy Ken?

im interested in why you went 3500k too

I needed something  with this pandemic buying so got the migro arrays...I was hoping dialaduck was gonna get some more scope style bits in but I went for them as they fit and I can always supplement.
You can get them stupidly close to the canopy and height is a premium for me. 

Like bugby says....MH to create a bush....then any powerful, efficiency, white spectrum light to flower....it’s good to be able to see the girls properly 

my best brother :skin_up:

• Like 2

im struggling with the LEds myself, they are too efficient in staying cool, temps were , like 18-20 in my tent this week,, so i had to add a 250watt hps in there, kinda defeats the purpose of having leds imho, but hey ho.......i suppose the extra spectrum might help...

take it easy brother.

• Like 2

On 25/09/2020 at 1:33 PM, badbillybob said:

im struggling with the LEds myself, they are too efficient in staying cool, temps were , like 18-20 in my tent this week,, so i had to add a 250watt hps in there, kinda defeats the purpose of having leds imho, but hey ho.......i suppose the extra spectrum might help...

take it easy brother.

If possible a MH....then the HPS....normally where the led meets HPS I am getting sick buds....ideally I’m gonna supplement my LEDs with some true blues (veg) and far reds (late flower) so I can veg at 5k and flower at 3k...but the HPS is gone....I’m gonna supplement my heat needs with the 315cmh :skin_up:

Edited by zen-ken

Both strains are savage....not sure which is which now but one makes me very forgetful. Lofty high...gives way to couch lock eventually if you smoke enough.

The extract on the other hand is unbelievably strong.....the butter took my head clean off. (Made at double strength with bud).:skin_up:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, zen-ken said:

Then I’m adding a uvb bulb as the LEDs suck at uv. 

My friend was telling me about adding uv light for the last 2 weeks apparently it makes them produce loads of trichomes I might give it a look into see if it's worth doing

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, UKsFinest said:

My friend was telling me about adding uv light for the last 2 weeks apparently it makes them produce loads of trichomes I might give it a look into see if it's worth doing

The science is sound.... migro did a great video and in my ime it works....a repeated study showed uvb used correctly causes the plant to defend itself with THC.

up to a 20% increase but as uv is very damaging it comes at the price of reduced cell productivity translating to lower yield.

swings and roundabouts 

:smokin:

• Like 4

Gotta say these strains are fire....the SBG is savagery.....it’s the one making me forgetful....you need head room for the lanky bitch to get the best out of her tho...denser planting perhaps ???

The matcha just funky tasting and great for LEDs imo....loads of runners....the matcha is the one the mrs complains about me smoking the most lol 

Considering my many issues (I discovered the pipes where full of root just to add to it all) the strains stood up to it well. 

full germinate and stable strains...good yield... very expensive to buy but deliver the goods.
:skin_up:

• Like 2