Hso x sherbinski in the water garden

large.BBD36A64-054D-4644-9600-8E2E43826133.jpeglarge.4A48C245-6FE7-4682-9C1E-C11FC9196B2C.jpeg

as u can clearly see .....top is SBG and the bottom purple matcha

very consistent plants that are doing very very well all things considered :skin_up:

• Like 5

large.A2E5A823-959F-4668-A407-F8BCCD1E129C.jpeg

san bacio gelato.....this one is coping just fine....I have got slight burn on the tips of the others but that’s over by the looks of it lol and my environment is back on track for the moment. The girls continue to feed well around 1.3 with the top up set to 0.8 but tbf I had to add some silver bullet to be on the safe side as the top up has no pump and relies on me stirring it daily.....it’s also been getting warmer than I would like.  

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 8

On 11/07/2020 at 3:55 PM, badbillybob said:

i did wonder about using an aero prop for seeds, but never seen anyone else try it. 

how are they getting on? Are they root it cubes not a bit too wet in there Ken, or have you used this method before?

HAve you just got it running constantly, or off a timer or what?

good luck with these mucka. 

Bob u wont believe this go try it i did...

Cut cuttings and put in glass of water leave em under ya plant near pot. Change water after 7days day 10 roots will be allover

Its stupid i didnt believe it lol. So never too wet i made my tub with 8splinkler emitters what i do is cut a hole in netpot base put the emitter in then it shoots watrr inside the net pot.

My seedlings shot 20 roots out in 1 go not 1 main taproot lol..

Them are some damn tight noded plants

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Alright there @zen-ken

The water garden is looking spot on :yep:

Have you made the decision to switch your lights solely due to the heat?

A mate or mine has an aircon system, it runs around 11kw so as you can image it absolutely  guzzles the leccy, bloody weather eh :haveadab:

Or is there other reasoning behind the move, and finally what lights have you decided to go for?

Take it easy. Jj:yinyang:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jibba jabba said:

Alright there @zen-ken

The water garden is looking spot on :yep:

Have you made the decision to switch your lights solely due to the heat?

A mate or mine has an aircon system, it runs around 11kw so as you can image it absolutely  guzzles the leccy, bloody weather eh :haveadab:

Or is there other reasoning behind the move, and finally what lights have you decided to go for?

Take it easy. Jj:yinyang:

Mainly heat control bro but others as well.

i can’t draw too many watts and I’m pushing it already tbf. Head height and the fact the growstar shade is completely inappropriate and should be in a tent made my mind up....the lighting is very unbalanced. 

I have ordered a couple of migro arrays to plug the gap until I can add some dialaduck offerings to the ones I already have....was gonna keep the 315cmh in.

Should stop the chiller kicking in so much as well. 
hope u and urs are very well :smokin:

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 3

Tbh ....,the SBG is a monster 

the bud structure has caught me off guard tbf but I can see if u have the head room you are being rewarded with what I’m seeing in places.

Head space is premium for me so the matcha is easier to tame and would fair better under LED due to its shear number of runners.....but the SBG looks something special despite my environmental issues.

:skin_up:

• Like 5

Hey mate, 

I found this and immediately thought of you 

large.IMG-20200911-WA0001.jpg

lol

Glad things are getting back on track, I couldn't resist this pic given your labelling fun at the start 

Edited by Oldbear
  • Like 4

DISASTER!!!!!!!! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

fucking bud rot and root rot......I knew the temps were gonna get me eventually 

done a quick chop.....left two running as they are no where near ready 

finger hash is delicious.....got some fire bud ......but this is not my best effort 

despite all of this not a hermie in sight.  I think that’s the real testament to these strains....ignore my shite attempt lol LEDs are going on next week so this won’t be happening again !!!

• Like 1

On 14/09/2020 at 0:11 PM, zen-ken said:

fucking bud rot and root rot......I knew the temps were gonna get me eventually 

Oh no!  Gutted for you mate.

Did you salvage much? Or any?

On 14/09/2020 at 0:11 PM, zen-ken said:

despite all of this not a hermie in sight.  I think that’s the real testament to these strains..

Take it easy. Jj :yinyang:

• Like 2

Sorry to hear of the bud and root rot. Take my advice and grow in coco less chance of root rot. Hydro's great when it works but a bastard when it don't.

Toke...

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Jibba jabba said:

Oh no!  Gutted for you mate.

Did you salvage much? Or any?

Take it easy. Jj :yinyang:

Yeah....it’s all fine..ty bro..I just had to take action ....i had to cut and run on three...I have left two in and just turned the pump off as the shitty roots were clogging the filter in seconds. 

just DWC for the mo in very low EC.

one is just about to see the scissors....the last purple matcha is a star.....she is still white all over and has buds the size of my arm....I’m gonna try to run her for another week as she has room to breath now....I think I was jumpy on the bud rot front...the roots are the problem..... tbf I have made some rookie errors this run...like leaving the light on 24/7 one time did not help lol 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, tokenroll said:

Sorry to hear of the bud and root rot. Take my advice and grow in coco less chance of root rot. Hydro's great when it works but a bastard when it don't.

Toke...

Ty bro 

Due to my location I can only control the environment so much....noise is my enemy....RTW coco would be sooooo much easier....but the HPS hitting the road should make things easier 

if I knew we were gonna be locked down like this I would have hand watered lol 

• Like 5